(Most of us already know what happened on Reach, so I’ll be straightforward in telling you that this will be a semi-casual roleplay.)
The year is 2552, twenty-seven years since the start of humanity’s war with the alliance of alien specie known as The Covenant. Battles rage on across the galaxy; colonies are vanishing, planets are being burned to glass, and humanity is close to extinction. With the time they have, the United National Space Command (UNSC) is pushing to mobilize and expand its military to defend what ground they have left. Locals and colonists are now being trained to combat the Covenant on their own homes, learning their strengths, weaknesses and tactics from veterans who have walked away from countless engagements with the empire’s ruthless forces.
A fresh batch of volunteers, selected from various sites on Reach, is currently being shipped to ANVIL Base for their training orientation.
Same rules as any RP apply to this one. So we’ll move past that.
*Note: The only exception that these two rules have is that I will be playing the role of your drill instructor.
- This RP will be be plotted by me all through the beginning act. It will start with your training.
- Everyone starts in training*
- Everyone will begin as a recruit*
- Everyone will have had no prior military combat experience by the time of their enlistment. If anyone has some kind of knowledge in fighting or otherwise, they will need to provide an explanation.
- Skills and skill sets will vary among each RPer. Don’t try to BS your way into being a sniper or something like that. Just have your character good at what you know you as a person want to be good at as far as combat. Focus on that and work at writing it in training.
- If you’re worried about individuality, don’t be. You all may start off the same in training (uniforms and the like) but later on when you’re earning your own gear, you can feel free to vary yourself a little. Feel free to try and have a little personality too.
- Unless you’re having a mostly-dialogue style exchange with another player’s character, try to be detailed. I’m not asking for multi-paragraphed responses each time like some roleplays, but be as detailed as the situation can call for. Again, this is semi-casual, but try not to have one-line posts if you can avoid it.
-No God modding; this means no controlling other peoples’ characters or actions, this includes body language and dialogue. For example, if two characters are having a conversation, one cannot dictate the other’s response.
Name: [First and Last]
Age: [Between 17-30]
Uniform: Olive Drab Battle Dress Uniform
Birthplace: [Choose from the list of locations]
Personality: [Only if you want to. It’s not needed.]
Background: [Include anything along the lines of previous occupation and reason for enlistment.]
Skills: [Nothing outlandish]
Post your character applications here. I will send you a PM saying you are approved or if your application needs editing. Do not post until then.