Halo Might Aswell Just Be A MP Game Only.

Lets be honest here now Halo is still relevant due to its multiplayer. Ever since Halo CE a game known for having a extraordinary single player at its time, the Halo campaigns have been getting progressively worse or just recycled generic gameplay, uninteresting story and characters.

Rather then involve the single player they have rehashed the campaign experience throughout all its games. Halo 4 is the latest title and campaign is just a forgettable run in the mill experience that does nothing to improve or innovate.

Some levels are slightly large and none of the space is utilised effectively at all , you follow a linear path and just kill whatever moves until you hit the next checkpoint or press a button. Halo campaigns are linear at best with sprinkled vehicles sections which have been overused for a decade now. Oh a tank level. Oh a Banshee level…it has become so familiar and boring now and your hand is held throughout in mundane objectives that are not even slightest interesting nor are the enemies or how they react.

I wonder when they were brainstorming campaign ideas how could they have picked these levels as the most interesting levels to put in a game like Halo 4? Whoever designed the Halo 4 campaign has no imagination at all. I believe nowadays in Halo games the focus is primarily on multiplayer and the only enjoyable part at best.

Sad since Halo CE for its time was amazing and the multiplayer was a superb extra. However I don’t believe if Halo CE was released today it would have been that big. As games have come along way since then and some ideas were taken and involved from Halo CE.

Halo is still around due to multiplayer. Campaign are now utter poor and a waste of time. People go play some real single player games such as FAR CRY 3 or Bioshock Infinite.

Far Cry 3 makes Halo campaigns look like a joke. Such a incredible game. Compare the villain VAAS to the joke that is the didact.

Halo as a whole is going through an identity crisis.

A linear path? The same can be said about Bioshock Infinite. Infinite is a good game and has become one of my many favorites with a good story, but it’s not as great as many critics say it is for the gullible gamer to believe.

Now, the first Bioshock, that’s a real game.

In terms of Halo 4’s campaign, I enjoyed it, but I cannot say I was too impressed and it was the best thing ever.

I loved Halo 4’s campaign and eagerly await the continuation in Halo 5. To me, and I’m sure many other players, a Halo game is useless without its story. It’s the reason I buy Halo.

I didn’t find Halo 4 campaign to be interesting I kept think I was going to be wow’d any minute but I never was. Now I know this is in every halo game but what I can’t stand it when I’m on a mission with banshees and I can’t hijack it on this particular mission. I think ODST was more entertaining than halo 4.

What I like in a campaign is freedom to play again and again differently each time like I did with Halo CE and I think 2 and 3 as well. I played the whole of the campaign only ever using starting equipment 60-70% of the game I just used the bolt shot.

The story line for the halo trilogy is my favorite out of all games. I couldn’t care less about matchmaking. If a halo game had nothing but customs, forge, firefight and campaign I would be perfectly ok with that.

I suppose that’s one opinion, and I did greatly enjoy CE’s campaign. But I don’t know if it was the best for me.

Halo 4’s campaign was pretty formulaic though. It had the traditional race toward the end, and they added guns to the mix this time which was neat. One thing that disappointed me with Halo 4 was the one button boss. A dude like the Didact could have been so much more. My hope is that Halo 5 can bring enemies that are more complex in shape and abilities and hopefully a few puzzles that are more than just “press x to open”.

Where have you been. Halo 4’s campaign was a epic fun joyride with a interesting story. If this game was only multiplayer that it would be the worst Halo of all time. (Don’t care what you say Halo reach had AL and A terrible campaign so Halo 4> Halo Reach)

According to frank’s Spartan Ops making of, 50% of players are there just for campaign.

I don’t know if that number is true, but I’m definitely part of that community.

The most halo multiplayer I play is simply campaign co-op.

I don’t think halo 4 got it quite right in either multiplayer or campaign, both have their share of issues.

Oh, and I have tried Farcry and Bioshock, but they just aren’t interesting to me.

If it’s only relevant for it’s MP it would have a higher population. On top of that we would’ve had over 2 million+ people playing simultaneously on launch night instead of just 400,000.

If the story wasn’t relevant the halo books wouldn’t sell so much and neither would the Spop’s cinematics and FUD have so many hits on youtube. Look at how many poeple are still excited over the news of a possible Halo movie.

Face it, more people get halo for the story/campaign

When Bungie and 343i both confirm that approx. 50% of game purchasers only play campaign I’m inclined to disagree with your post.

I love both equally but I’d like more re-playability for the next Halo campaign please.

I’m big on campaign and the new Spartan Ops, but all of the kids at my school call me an “idiot who doesn’t know about and is bad at Halo” for spending more time in campaign than them in multiplayer.

I detest people thinking they’re “true Halo fans who stick to the roots” for playing multiplayer and aren’t even good at it, but don’t even touch the campaign/story, books, or anything else.

Halo is so much more than multiplayer. Master Chief isn’t supposed to be just a backdrop for you multiplayer kids.

No.

A big part of halo is story.

I primarily buy Halo games for the story and co-op story. Multiplayer is an afterthought.

I disagree. I became a Halo fan because of the campaign, multiplayer felt like an added bonus.

> I love both equally but I’d like more re-playability for the next Halo campaign please.

This is something that I can agree with. One thing I wish that would return is campaign scoring and a leaderboard to see your friends high score on a mission and then you could try to beat it. They could also add achievements for reaching a certain score just like they did in Halo 3.

> <mark>I disagree. I became a Halo fan because of the campaign, multiplayer felt like an added bonus.</mark>
>
>
>
> > I love both equally but I’d like more re-playability for the next Halo campaign please.
>
> This is something that I can agree with. One thing I wish that would return is campaign scoring and a leaderboard to see your friends high score on a mission and then you could try to beat it. They could also add achievements for reaching a certain score just like they did in Halo 3.

This is exactly what I was going to say. Halo’s story is one of the best stories I’ve ever heard, and I can’t wait to see what’s in store for us in Halo 5, and Halo 6.

I would buy a multiplayer=only Halo before I buy a campaign-only one.

I have to disagree with you OP. I got into Halo for it’s campaign. It wasn’t until Halo 3 that I started playing multiplayer on a regular basis.

When ODST came out, I played the heck out of Firefight.

The same can be said for when Reach came out. I played all three aspects there: Campaign, Firefight, Multiplayer.

Now with Halo 4, I’ve played the heck out of Spartan Ops. Still play the campaign from time to time and of course multiplayer.

Speaking for myself, I play ALL aspects of Halo, not just multiplayer. I want the WHOLE experience, not just one part. I’ve got friends who do only play multiplayer. That’s fine for them, but I really feel they are missing out on some truly fascinating stuff. Not just form Halo 4 but previous games as well.

I can only hope for a Spartan Ops season 2. And I can’t wait to see what the campaign is going to be like for Halo 5 and 6 and beyond.

I buy Halo games for the campaign, and then play multiplayer to keep me entertained until I feel like playing a different game.

> I would buy a multiplayer=only Halo before I buy a campaign-only one.

I’d just buy both :wink: