HALO MCC "SPECIAL THANK YOU" GIFT ELIGIBILITY

So I bought the MCC as soon as it came out and I started playing it on December 18. My question is: what exactly makes a person eligible for the thank you gift that was mentioned in this blog entry: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-the-master-chief-collection-thank-you? It just says it will be given to “anyone who has played” between launch and December 19. Does this mean any game activity done while connected online or only matchmaking? Before the 19th I was able to update my game and I did try the matchmaking, however as I didn’t seem to be getting a match, I just went and played the campaign of Halo CE. I was online the whole time. Does this make me eligible?

nope. sorry friend

Between November 11th and December 19th

> 2533274828737109;2:
> nope. sorry friend

This saddens me :frowning: but thank you for replying, buddy. Guess I’ll just have to hope that ODST will be made available for purchase. Cheers!

> 2533274866646291;1:
> So I bought the MCC as soon as it came out and I started playing it on December 18. My question is: what exactly makes a person eligible for the thank you gift that was mentioned in this blog entry: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-the-master-chief-collection-thank-you? It just says it will be given to “anyone who has played” between launch and December 19. Does this mean any game activity done while connected online or only matchmaking? Before the 19th I was able to update my game and I did try the matchmaking, however as I didn’t seem to be getting a match, I just went and played the campaign of Halo CE. I was online the whole time. Does this make me eligible?
>
> I started playing it on December 18
> “anyone who has played” between launch and December 19

theres your answer, i still dont understand how people are confused by this, your xbox just has to connect online, thats it, it doesnot mean that you have to play MM just that your xbox has connected to the xbox servers, i dont mean to be rude by any means its just a question that has been asked over and over

> So I bought the MCC as soon as it came out and I started playing it on December 18

The game came out on the 11th November and it took you over a month to start playing it,don’t make sense.

This thank you gift is a big screw you to a ton of people. I would have been fine not getting it if the game was actually fixed before they set the cutoff date. But i can’t play the game properly just like everyone else who can’t play the game properly yet some are able to get odst for free just because they “tried” playing it a few days before i did. The free month i am perfectly fine with day one owners getting same with the nameplates, but odst is a kind of kick in the nuts seeing as i paid the same price and still can’t play the game at the same time as those day 1 (or people who bought it the day before cut off) owners, date of purchase should not matter AT ALL when the game is still being sold for the same price and is still broken. Until the game is completely fixed with promised features in the game and working, every single person who buys the game before that day should get odst for free, even those that get it the day before said patch. For all we know we could still be waiting months or even a year before it is fully working if it even gets fully fixed at all.

Before people say “well it works fine for me”, try playing big team or any playlist other than the ranked one and sitting there waiting for matches 2 to 3 times longer than actually playing, try playing matchmaking with friends and getting split up every other match, try playing matchmaking without getting kicked to the post game lobby before even loading the map, try playing matchmaking without the match lagging out in the middle of it and kicking you out, try playing matchmaking without “host migration” which was said to have been removed. Try playing coop campaign without someone lagging to the point of being completely useless, try playing spec ops again without lagging to the point of being completely useless. Try playing campaign solo for 2 minutes before npcs just straight up stop working and just stand there or get stuck on nothing and start spazzing out, both of which were NEVER a problem in the original versions and if it was, it was so rare i never noticed it and while they do make the game easier they ruin the fun of it, why bother playing if the enemies don’t even work. These are just to name a few off the top of my head.

If you can play the game without any of those game breaking issues i mentioned then you are extremely lucky and i wish i was you, unfortunately i am NOT you and i DO suffer from those game breaking issues and am unable to play this game because of them, and because of this, i should get the same compensation as those who played before the cutoff date that implied that these issues were fixed before that date.

> 2533274841536956;5:
> > 2533274866646291;1:
> > So I bought the MCC as soon as it came out and I started playing it on December 18. My question is: what exactly makes a person eligible for the thank you gift that was mentioned in this blog entry: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-the-master-chief-collection-thank-you? It just says it will be given to “anyone who has played” between launch and December 19. Does this mean any game activity done while connected online or only matchmaking? Before the 19th I was able to update my game and I did try the matchmaking, however as I didn’t seem to be getting a match, I just went and played the campaign of Halo CE. I was online the whole time. Does this make me eligible?
> >
> > I started playing it on December 18
> > “anyone who has played” between launch and December 19
>
>
> theres your answer, i still dont understand how people are confused by this, your xbox just has to connect online, thats it, it doesnot mean that you have to play MM just that your xbox has connected to the xbox servers, i dont mean to be rude by any means its just a question that has been asked over and over

My apologies; it’s just that even the official FAQ blog came off as vague. I just wanted to know if just simply playing the game while connected to the internet but not necessarily playing with other people counted. Thanks for clearing that up.

> 2783251376860907;7:
> This thank you gift is a big screw you to a ton of people. I would have been fine not getting it if the game was actually fixed before they set the cutoff date. But i can’t play the game properly just like everyone else who can’t play the game properly yet some are able to get odst for free just because they “tried” playing it a few days before i did. The free month i am perfectly fine with day one owners getting same with the nameplates, but odst is a kind of kick in the nuts seeing as i paid the same price and still can’t play the game at the same time as those day 1 (or people who bought it the day before cut off) owners, date of purchase should not matter AT ALL when the game is still being sold for the same price and is still broken. Until the game is completely fixed with promised features in the game and working, every single person who buys the game before that day should get odst for free, even those that get it the day before said patch. For all we know we could still be waiting months or even a year before it is fully working if it even gets fully fixed at all.
>
> Before people say “well it works fine for me”, try playing big team or any playlist other than the ranked one and sitting there waiting for matches 2 to 3 times longer than actually playing, try playing matchmaking with friends and getting split up every other match, try playing matchmaking without getting kicked to the post game lobby before even loading the map, try playing matchmaking without the match lagging out in the middle of it and kicking you out, try playing matchmaking without “host migration” which was said to have been removed. Try playing coop campaign without someone lagging to the point of being completely useless, try playing spec ops again without lagging to the point of being completely useless. Try playing campaign solo for 2 minutes before npcs just straight up stop working and just stand there or get stuck on nothing and start spazzing out, both of which were NEVER a problem in the original versions and if it was, it was so rare i never noticed it and while they do make the game easier they ruin the fun of it, why bother playing if the enemies don’t even work. These are just to name a few off the top of my head.
>
> If you can play the game without any of those game breaking issues i mentioned then you are extremely lucky and i wish i was you, unfortunately i am NOT you and i DO suffer from those game breaking issues and am unable to play this game because of them, and because of this, i should get the same compensation as those who played before the cutoff date that implied that these issues were fixed before that date.

Agreed, though I think the whole cut-off date issue was due to the fact that 343 believed the game would be completely fixed after December 19 - which, sadly, isn’t the case. I think they should just make ODST free for EVERYONE who buys the game; giving some people free cosmetics like nameplates and avatars are fine, but withholding actual gameplay content is just wrong. It’s actually quite similar to the issues surrounding DLC.

> 2533274866646291;9:
> Agreed, though I think the whole cut-off date issue was due to the fact that 343 believed the game would be completely fixed after December 19 - which, sadly, isn’t the case. I think they should just make ODST free for EVERYONE who buys the game; giving some people free cosmetics like nameplates and avatars are fine, but withholding actual gameplay content is just wrong. It’s actually quite similar to the issues surrounding DLC.

Well to be fair, from what i understand odst will be available for everyone not just those who get it free but we will have to pay for it. This is why i have such an issue with it, i don’t want to have to pay extra for it when i paid the same price for MCC as the ones before the cutoff date did and have pretty much all of the same issues as they do yet they get it free and i don’t. Yes i do understand it is much better than it used to be, but the game is still far from being in a playable state. But i agree though that odst should just be a free update for MCC or at the very least free for MCC owners who have gold subscription during the month odst is released and not have it as part of that months regular free games. The good press they get for it should make up for all the bad press they have gotten for releasing a completely broken game that is still in a state that has no business of being released. It will also restore a bit of faith in their fans that may end up passing on the new Halo game completely because of this.

> 2783251376860907;10:
> > 2533274866646291;9:
> > Agreed, though I think the whole cut-off date issue was due to the fact that 343 believed the game would be completely fixed after December 19 - which, sadly, isn’t the case. I think they should just make ODST free for EVERYONE who buys the game; giving some people free cosmetics like nameplates and avatars are fine, but withholding actual gameplay content is just wrong. It’s actually quite similar to the issues surrounding DLC.
>
>
> Well to be fair, from what i understand odst will be available for everyone not just those who get it free but we will have to pay for it. This is why i have such an issue with it, i don’t want to have to pay extra for it when i paid the same price for MCC as the ones before the cutoff date did and have pretty much all of the same issues as they do yet they get it free and i don’t. Yes i do understand it is much better than it used to be, but the game is still far from being in a playable state. But i agree though that odst should just be a free update for MCC or at the very least free for MCC owners who have gold subscription during the month odst is released and not have it as part of that months regular free games. The good press they get for it should make up for all the bad press they have gotten for releasing a completely broken game that is still in a state that has no business of being released. It will also restore a bit of faith in their fans that may end up passing on the new Halo game completely because of this.

Exactly! I think at this point, aside from fixing the entire game once and for all, 343 should try to repair their image as much as possible. And the good way to do that would give everyone more free content. Honestly, from a marketing perspective, MCC was a reputation nightmare.

> 2533274866646291;11:
> > 2783251376860907;10:
> > > 2533274866646291;9:
> > > Agreed, though I think the whole cut-off date issue was due to the fact that 343 believed the game would be completely fixed after December 19 - which, sadly, isn’t the case. I think they should just make ODST free for EVERYONE who buys the game; giving some people free cosmetics like nameplates and avatars are fine, but withholding actual gameplay content is just wrong. It’s actually quite similar to the issues surrounding DLC.
> >
> >
> >
> > Well to be fair, from what i understand odst will be available for everyone not just those who get it free but we will have to pay for it. This is why i have such an issue with it, i don’t want to have to pay extra for it when i paid the same price for MCC as the ones before the cutoff date did and have pretty much all of the same issues as they do yet they get it free and i don’t. Yes i do understand it is much better than it used to be, but the game is still far from being in a playable state. But i agree though that odst should just be a free update for MCC or at the very least free for MCC owners who have gold subscription during the month odst is released and not have it as part of that months regular free games. The good press they get for it should make up for all the bad press they have gotten for releasing a completely broken game that is still in a state that has no business of being released. It will also restore a bit of faith in their fans that may end up passing on the new Halo game completely because of this.
>
>
> Exactly! I think at this point, aside from fixing the entire game once and for all, 343 should try to repair their image as much as possible. And the good way to do that would give everyone more free content. Honestly, from a marketing perspective, MCC was a reputation nightmare.

Not just for 343 either, Halo is pretty much the flagship franchise for xbox itself. 343’s rep isn’t the only thing on the line with this failure, xbox as whole is as well. The one game that was a system seller for many (myself included) and i am sure many have decided to get rid of the xbone completely because of this as well as the several other big name games the last few months that have been completely broken and are still nearly unplayable.

I just tweeted to them “Hey, since you won’t give me ODST free, how about 3 matchmaking matches in a row?”, though I suspect they may have me blocked from telling them how bad Halo 4 was/is.

> 2533275031604266;6:
> > So I bought the MCC as soon as it came out and I started playing it on December 18
>
>
> The game came out on the 11th November and it took you over a month to start playing it,don’t make sense.

Actually I did the same, because I wanted to wait until the game was properly functioning.

https://steamunlocked.net/halo-the-master-chief-collection-free-download/