Halo MCC Segregate The Games

One main issue with the MCC is that it simply doesn’t feel like home for Halo. It’s just a straight combination of everything from Reach to Halo 4.

What if there was an idea to segregate each Halo game and make each one it’s original home style? Before jumping into the menu, I think it would be amazing to choose your Halo game, and launch into that one alone, complete with their own menu layout and customizations.

I think this will also grant straight forward matchmaking as well as please thousands of fans to see actual returnings of each Halo laid out.

OR: Keep the MCC menu as a whole, and just segregate the games inside of that. As in a use of different tabs for each game that’s picked complete with their artwork and soundtracks.

Either way, I really think the MCC could use some upgrades on its organizing. It has gotten a million times better from launch, but this will only make it even better in my opinion. What is everyone’s thoughts? Do you think segregating and organizing the games better will appeal as much as it sounds?

I get what you are saying but I feel it would be wasted effort really. Plenty of stuff needs to be worked on and tweeked. Besides the purpose of MCC is bringing all the games together.

Agreed with the post above. You can already pick and choose which Halo games you want to play, back in the day you had to pray that your preferred title would come up in the rotation. The unified menu could definitely use some tweaks, but I think it’s generally the right direction for the Master Chief Collection.

I think segregation of the games is kind of the opposite of 343’s vision for MCC.
It’s supposed to unify all the games onto one platform.

I get what you’re saying but I don’t really agree.

MCC has global progress, no matter what game multiplayer you’re playing you’re making progress towards the season.

If halo CE, CEA, 2, 2A, 3 & 4 were there own thing inside of MCC the game would be such a weird mish mash. Juggling 6 games and trying to unlock things etc.
Even having each games own menu design would be so jarring from a user perspective. Switching from halo 3’s menu then to Reach. So much changes and just wouldn’t make the experience streamlined.

I think that would not work well for people who host custom game lobbies. You would not be able to switch from Halo Reach to Halo 2A to Halo 4 with a lobby. You would have to dump the lobby, make a new post and invite everyone back in for each game you switch to, that is if everyone has each Halo game.

> 2533274881751550;1:
> One main issue with the MCC is that it simply doesn’t feel like home for Halo. It’s just a straight combination of everything from Reach to Halo 4.
>
> What if there was an idea to segregate each Halo game and make each one it’s original home style? Before jumping into the menu, I think it would be amazing to choose your Halo game, and launch into that one alone, complete with their own menu layout and customizations.
>
> I think this will also grant straight forward matchmaking as well as please thousands of fans to see actual returnings of each Halo laid out.
>
> OR: Keep the MCC menu as a whole, and just segregate the games inside of that. As in a use of different tabs for each game that’s picked complete with their artwork and soundtracks.
>
> Either way, I really think the MCC could use some upgrades on its organizing. It has gotten a million times better from launch, but this will only make it even better in my opinion. What is everyone’s thoughts? Do you think segregating and organizing the games better will appeal as much as it sounds?

I happen to agree with this idea. I think it would be much better if the MCC were structured as simply a portal to ported versions of the original games rather than attempting to integrate them all directly into a single interface.

There’s another issue.
They seem to splice Halo 3’s and Halo 3 ODST playtime statistics in game.
These is my overall Halo 3 campaign playtime statistic: 2639:71639:4295018
Mathematically implausible and it’s probably affected my overall playtime statistics on Halo Waypoint (My accurate overall playtime is 16 days, yet is shows an unbelievable 93 days).

> 2533274934480146;7:
> There’s another issue.
> They seem to splice Halo 3’s and Halo 3 ODST playtime statistics in game.
> These is my overall Halo 3 campaign playtime statistic: 2639:71639:4295018
> Mathematically implausible and it’s probably affected my overall playtime statistics on Halo Waypoint (My accurate overall playtime is 16 days, yet is shows an unbelievable 93 days).

That’s bug with how the MCC tracks stats. My total MCC playtime is listed at well over 100 days, both in-game and on Waypoint, but my Xbox Live playtime shows it being closer to 25 days.

EDIT: Looking at my Waypoint stats, it’s actually showing my playtime as LOWER than what it should be now.

> 2535410161713257;5:
> I think that would not work well for people who host custom game lobbies. You would not be able to switch from Halo Reach to Halo 2A to Halo 4 with a lobby. You would have to dump the lobby, make a new post and invite everyone back in for each game you switch to, that is if everyone has each Halo game.

See, Custom Games can perhaps stay for efficient game switching. I like how it is despite the boring lobby layout. There’s no interaction in the lobby menu. Basically my point is more around campaign and multiplayer. I feel like if I want to play Halo 2, I will play that. Likewise for any others. I have never used the mash up feature to throw me in between Halos, and gathering what I see in LFG pages, others may feel the same, as people only want to play one specific Halo. Again, Custom Games aside.

Custom Games is good, because it’s about setting up anything you want from 1v1s to fun minigames with friends and the work done in it is good. But, interface menus for Campaign and Multiplayer for all Halos I believe would be fantastic and everyone could TRULY relive their most beloved games.