Halo MCC Population

Yeah. If it weren’t for the Microtransactions in Infinite, I’d be willing to bet MCC would be near barren right now. It’s funny how 343/Micro $oft can’t see how microtransactions turn players off of even good games.

2 Likes

Shouldn’t take long for people to quit playing infinite since it’s gonna bomb pretty badly. I would imagine the mcc numbers to rise again after release on the 8th. Infinite sucks pretty badly and will absolutely not last.

2 Likes

Yeh exactly since greed can hurt any game and 343i doesn’t seem to care or respect the fans.

2 Likes

Honestly Infinite shows the exact reason why I’m against all microtransactions in games, especially cosmetics. Pay2Win are nasty, but Cosmetic microtransactions are the absolute worst, not because it gates off cosmetics, that’s the small part, but because devs are now more incentivized to make more microtransaction cosmetics than actually working on making the overall game better.

2 Likes

Yep exactly. I’m basically the same. It’s basically why I hate F2P games. I don’t mind paying for a full paid game and tolerated things like Xbox Live but MT is where I generally draw the line. It’s a shame company’s care less about gamers these days and I feel bad for people that wanted to work on a full release Halo game but instead lost out due to F2P model and a rushed game.

Due to the poor management we will never get a full release on disc of Halo Infinite. But thanks to MCC I can continue playing Halo without dealing with the awful predatory system in Infinite. I just hope MCC’s population stays strong enough to find matchs in the future for as long as possible.

My main concern at moment is if I can reach MCC someday and right now I have little interest in playing Infinites PVP until things change.

1 Like

Honestly, I never cared much for the armor upgrades, and I mostly care about the gameplay. But the gameplay was also a turn off for me on Infinite’s multiplayer. It played nothing like any other halo game to me, and it just seemed really weird. I think that it’s because the maps for season 1, aren’t really all that great. The maps lack a lot of big vehicles, and the weapons seem more scarce. The weapons are okay, I guess, but play wildly differently from the other halo games from MCC, which is not always bad, but in this game the weapons seem kind of dull. Now I’ve never played halo 5, so maybe Infinite plays more like that. But yeah, the multiplayer was fun for like the first week, and then it got boring after that. The bots were nice though, so they did do a good job there. Overall though, I’m disappointed in Infinite’s multiplayer, and would much rather play any of the other halos on MCC, any day. Hopefully the Campaign for Infinite is good though, I mean from what I have seen and heard, it seems like it will be really good if not excellent. But yeah, I don’t think that MCC is going to die anytime soon, especially with CGB and mods existing for it.

1 Like

Honestly I’m not touching Infinite again unless the store is outright removed. 343 can make plenty of the 10$ a battlepass season alone, the only reason the store is even there is to leech of the dumber and more gullible players.

3 Likes

Yeh agreed. Though I think I may just play the Infinite campaign then just get the achievements done then go back to playing MCC instead…though I hope MCC population keeps doing ok. Having way more fun with MCC than Infinite.

1 Like

Honestly, MCC’s population has been fine in my opinion. I have a pretty limited search range when I play it (Reach>Slayer>no crossplay), and I have still been finding games pretty consistently since Infinite multiplayer launched. If I’m able to do that whilst there is a fresh Halo multiplayer that in theory should take a lot of the population, I’d say it’s pretty safe to assume that it won’t be any different when the campaign drops too. Honestly I think MCC will be fine.

1 Like

Depends on a lot of factors but for me personally at certain times of the day the game is basically dead and even had 1-2 hour wait times then there are times where I can find match’s fairly quickly. When the early access build of Halo Infinite came out MCC seemed to struggle but I think Infinite’s population is slowly dropping on Steam so I guess people are slowly jumping back to MCC.

There was an update pushed out yesterday. If you were still in game when it was pushed, you won’t have updated, and you’d likely stop finding matches.

Yeh I’m aware since happens sometimes but population issues have been a problem for a while.

1 Like

Yeah, it dipped quite a bit when Infinite came out. Reach rooms were still everywhere, but CE and Halo 3 rooms were quite scarce.

I still play mcc some evenings, every little bit helps in keeping population alive, Infinite is great, but want to continue the classic maps as long as possible, iv’e found some times of the day are easier to find matches

Yep exactly. MCC population maybe hit and miss but personally feel it’s more worth it compared to Infinite. Love classic Halo and would prefer to always go back to eventually even if Infinite ends up being a flop/success.

2 Likes

Nah infinite sucks and the gameplay is what won’t keep people playing very long. I get that micro-transactions are a turn off but that’s not what is going to make it bomb. If any of the originals had micro transaction they would still be just as successful.

2 Likes

Not sure. I mean I like classic Halo but I am glad MT are not in MCC since that would have irritated me and part of the reason why I liked the originals is because they didn’t have them.

Also seems population is pretty bad tonight. Been waiting on Halo 4 ranked for over an hour with only 1 single game.

Day later: No improvement back to finding no competitive ranked matchs.

1 Like

MCC population is just fine and will continue to be because it’s a collection of classics. The Steam population stayed the same after Infinite and has gone up since last week after the Steam sale. Cross-play with Game Pass PC, Windows Store, and Xbox players make the overall population very solid. No problems finding matches in any games. I also think it will increase once the 360 mp goes down next month.

2 Likes

Not sure I can agree at moment. Been trying all morning and it’s basically dead for me at moment. I kind of wish I had done something else instead of waiting long hours and getting nowhere. :confused:

1 Like

Are you turning off input based and platform based matchmaking? What servers are you trying to connect to? Have you turned off relays in the network settings?