Halo MCC PC black screen(I FIXED IT)

For the past couple of days after i installed halo 2 on mcc pc(steam) everytime i try launching the game after the 343 logo pops up i end up in a black screen with only my cursor. And if i open up task manager it says master chief collection not responding. Does anyone know how to fix my problem and just in case I have verified game files, reinstalled the game, restarting my pc . Thx everyone for the help i was able to fix it i just forgot that this post was still here

Make sure and file a bug report about this on the Halo Support site: https://aka.ms/HaloSupport

Be sure to read over the known issues list first before reporting

YES I fixed it for my friend. Go into your App Data and delete the MCC Folder completely. Verify cache and it fixes it.

> 2533274839580846;3:
> YES I fixed it for my friend. Go into your App Data and delete the MCC Folder completely. Verify cache and it fixes it.

do you happen to know the exact path to get to the right folder? I think I found it but it says it’s about 2GB I don’t want to accidentally delete the wrong one
Thanks in advance

> 2739019594813851;4:
> > 2533274839580846;3:
> > YES I fixed it for my friend. Go into your App Data and delete the MCC Folder completely. Verify cache and it fixes it.
>
> do you happen to know the exact path to get to the right folder? I think I found it but it says it’s about 2GB I don’t want to accidentally delete the wrong one
> Thanks in advance

Did it work for anyone?

> 2533274839580846;3:
> YES I fixed it for my friend. Go into your App Data and delete the MCC Folder completely. Verify cache and it fixes it.

Can anyone advise how to get there? I have black screen and being totally unable to play now for a few weeks because of it.

> 2535440984040626;6:
> > 2533274839580846;3:
> > YES I fixed it for my friend. Go into your App Data and delete the MCC Folder completely. Verify cache and it fixes it.
>
> Can anyone advise how to get there? I have black screen and being totally unable to play now for a few weeks because of it.

In the quick access search bar, in file explorer, type “MCC” and the folder that is called exactly that, you delete.

> 2535440984040626;6:
> > 2533274839580846;3:
>
> Can anyone advise how to get there? I have black screen and being totally unable to play now for a few weeks because of it.

there´s multiple arquives labeled as mcc,what exactly is the right one

To everyone: Delete this entire folder: C:\Users"UserName Here"\AppData\LocalLow\MCC

Unfortunately it does not work

I fixed my issue by pressing alt+enter on the main menu… after all of that.

1 Like

> 2739019594813851;4:
> > 2533274839580846;3:
>
> do you happen to know the exact path to get to the right folder? I think I found it but it says it’s about 2GB I don’t want to accidentally delete the wrong one
> Thanks in advance

if you have the steam version (drive steam is on)/Steam/Steamapps/common/halomcc/appdata “on Steam you should just be able to right click it in your library and hit, verify cache/local files”

if you have windows store version its hidden in hidden folders and you have. to do a whole bunch of complete BS to see the installation path and files

I believe what you’re seeing is a bug though with the game (or windows 10) starting by default in borderless window… if you have multiple displays (especially if they are all not the same resolution and refresh rate)… unplug all of them (besides your main display) and then trying launching the game… and going into the settings and changing the display mode to “fullscreen” save and exit… then plug your secondary displays back in and see if that works; If all your displays dont have the same resolution and refresh rate… do not use “extend mode (windows 10 display settings)” that’s going to screw allot of things up Windows 10 is fast and intuitive with multiple displays and audio sources, but i find its gets f’ed up allot from it… like trying to have a a 4k display with a 2k display… took some work to get to work… too many audio outputs will make audio not work at all…ect.

Hope something here can help you… best of luck

> 2673342100242175;12:
> > 2739019594813851;4:
> > > 2533274839580846;3:
> > > YES I fixed it for my friend. Go into your App Data and delete the MCC Folder completely. Verify cache and it fixes it.
> >
> > do you happen to know the exact path to get to the right folder? I think I found it but it says it’s about 2GB I don’t want to accidentally delete the wrong one
> > Thanks in advance
>
> if you have the steam version (drive steam is on)/Steam/Steamapps/common/halomcc/appdata “on Steam you should just be able to right click it in your library and hit, verify cache/local files”
>
> if you have windows store version its hidden in hidden folders and you have. to do a whole bunch of complete BS to see the installation path and files
>
> I believe what you’re seeing is a bug though with the game (or windows 10) starting by default in borderless window… if you have multiple displays (especially if they are all not the same resolution and refresh rate)… unplug all of them (besides your main display) and then trying launching the game… and going into the settings and changing the display mode to “fullscreen” save and exit… then plug your secondary displays back in and see if that works; If all your displays dont have the same resolution and refresh rate… do not use “extend mode (windows 10 display settings)” that’s going to screw allot of things up Windows 10 is fast and intuitive with multiple displays and audio sources, but i find its gets f’ed up allot from it… like trying to have a a 4k display with a 2k display… took some work to get to work… too many audio outputs will make audio not work at all…ect.
>
>
> > 2673342100242175;12:
> > Hope something here can help you… best of luck
>
> Unfortunately does not work. My PC is connected to the TV, 4k.

> 2533274944000569;8:
> > 2535440984040626;6:
> > > 2533274839580846;3:
> > > YES I fixed it for my friend. Go into your App Data and delete the MCC Folder completely. Verify cache and it fixes it.
> >
> > Can anyone advise how to get there? I have black screen and being totally unable to play now for a few weeks because of it.
>
> there´s multiple arquives labeled as mcc,what exactly is the right one

Nuke the whole folder dedicated to MCC.

> 2535440984040626;11:
> I fixed my issue by pressing alt+enter on the main menu… after all of that.

How did you even think to press that combination?

My friend has tried all the suggested fixes in this Thread and the issue hasnt been resolved… any other suggestions? Sucks that 3 days into playing through the campaigns and a little multiplayer this happens. Thanks for any help!

I found a fix if your on the Steam Version all you have to do is uninstall Halo 2 Multiplayer

> 2535440984040626;11:
> I fixed my issue by pressing alt+enter on the main menu… after all of that.

This worked for me

> 2533274818084099;15:
> > 2535440984040626;11:
> > I fixed my issue by pressing alt+enter on the main menu… after all of that.
>
> How did you even think to press that combination?

I saw it on some reddit thread I think.

> 2535421058033032;18:
> > 2535440984040626;11:
> > I fixed my issue by pressing alt+enter on the main menu… after all of that.
>
> This worked for me

Quoted for emphasis. As soon as I saw Nexus’ post, my face promptly hit both palms.