HALO MCC MIGHT OUT LIVE HALO INFINITE LIKE HALO 5?

This sounds crazy but think about it Halo infinite is going to try and beat Halo CE Halo 2 Halo 3 Halo 3 ODST and Halo REACH overall what I’m trying to say is that unless this is literally the one of the best games ever there out live infinite just like they did Halo 5

Well I would be playing halo 5 multiplayer right now if it was on PC, but you know its not. So here I am with MCC

i think they are gonna crush it with infinite too

The population is already causing a lot of issues with MCC. If Infinite flops that will most likely be it for Halo.

Halo Infinite is another one of those “10-year plan” games. They’ll essentially be developing new content for it over a span of 10 years, like Destiny 2 (started in 2017 and already has plans for 2023).
MCC, on the other hand, is nearing an end to support. They planned at least 10 Seasons, and we’re now on Season 6. If they release more untold/unexpected plans, good. But they’ll stop supporting it throughout at least early Halo Infinite, maybe before launch.

However, you wouldn’t be wrong to think so. Halo CE (Gearbox), Garry’s Mod, Team Fortress 2, CS:GO, etc. continue to be relevant today because of how community driven they are. Halo CE’s mods are made with the same tools used by the devs, and that’s already a lot of potential.
GMod, TF2 and CS:GO are Source games, which is a very, very accessible engine, I just can’t stress how much.

343 is committed to adding Mod Support to MCC, which is just going to add longevity to the game for years to come. And the best thing is: it’s not just 1 game, it’s 6. No one can even fathom the potential of MCC mods in the future.

Halo 5 still has a healthy population, but I’d argue it’s not as lively as MCC because it presents… problems, namely REQs in general, visuals and balance. You’re comparing a collection that contains 6 critically acclaimed games highly regarded and beloved by the fanbase, to a game that brought controversy after controversy, regardless if any of them were fixed after the game’s launch in some update. Furthermore, Halo 5’s development ceased over an year ago. MCC is still in active development.
If Halo Infinite repeats this, only the updates will save it, but first impressions will have already been given (like how there’s people who still call EA BF2 a P2W game, which isn’t true).

Pretty sure once Halo Infinite drops the population will end up worse in Halo 5 since believe most still playing Halo 5 are just playing that till the next game comes out. While sure MCC will stay at it is for a while. It is possible that Halo 5 population may end up nearly dead eventually since Halo 5 got a lot of backlash while MCC is full of cult classic’s.

Mcc will always have its place, and I wouldn’t mind seeing halo 5 get added in there later when infinite is really going strong. But if infinite is where all of the resources are gonna go then idk if mcc will “outlive” it. Especially if in 10 years they open up infinite to modding.

It is… Bc I say so :blush: jk… But on the real, halo infinite is going to be the greatest halo to ever be created…

MCC is awesome right now, but it is nothing but old games, where the newest one is already going to be 9 years old. MCC popullation (at least on PC) is just a little over 10k players, and while its not bad, its still far from being a big hit. Infinite is going to be a full new game, with F2P multiplayer, on 3 platforms, with a 10 year plan for DLCs and multiplayer updates. I really doubt MCC is going to last another 10 years, as it is going to be 17 years old once that 10 year plan finishes (or 13 years if you start counting since the 2018 update that fixed it, but still), and one of the oldest games in it (Halo CE) is going to be 30 years old by that point

Define “outlive”. There’s still people playing H5 just like MCC and it’s not even on PC.

> 2535424229992654;9:
> MCC is awesome right now, but it is nothing but old games, where the newest one is already going to be 9 years old. MCC popullation (at least on PC) is just a little over 10k players, and while its not bad, its still far from being a big hit. Infinite is going to be a full new game, with F2P multiplayer, on 3 platforms, with a 10 year plan for DLCs and multiplayer updates. I really doubt MCC is going to last another 10 years, as it is going to be 17 years old once that 10 year plan finishes (or 13 years if you start counting since the 2018 update that fixed it, but still), and one of the oldest games in it (Halo CE) is going to be 30 years old by that point

People still play OG Doom and half life. Ppl will always play the older halo games, and the community will pull out all the stops to keep them going even if 343 drops them.

I still play on Halo 5 because I like the game. I don’t think this game will die when Halo Infinite will arrive, there will certaily have less players, especially the first months, but it will survive

> 2535457314567960;11:
> > 2535424229992654;9:
> > MCC is awesome right now, but it is nothing but old games, where the newest one is already going to be 9 years old. MCC popullation (at least on PC) is just a little over 10k players, and while its not bad, its still far from being a big hit. Infinite is going to be a full new game, with F2P multiplayer, on 3 platforms, with a 10 year plan for DLCs and multiplayer updates. I really doubt MCC is going to last another 10 years, as it is going to be 17 years old once that 10 year plan finishes (or 13 years if you start counting since the 2018 update that fixed it, but still), and one of the oldest games in it (Halo CE) is going to be 30 years old by that point
>
> People still play OG Doom and half life. Ppl will always play the older halo games, and the community will pull out all the stops to keep them going even if 343 drops them.

Yes, but thing is that the popullation of those games doesnt even go past 1k players. Even Halo Custom Edition hardly has more than 300 players at a time

All I have to say about this is, if MCC manages to outlive Halo Infinite, I will be surprised. Nothing more.

Infinites release will likely kill of H5 in my opinion, I would be very interested to see what happens to the MCC after seasons 10. I would love more content, my hail mary dream is to have old comms and service records attached to the individual games in the MCC but I am almost certain it will never happen (I will still hold onto my dream though). These long term plans are very ambitious and I would be surprised if anything shapes out like any of us expect it to.

> 2535412187252726;14:
> All I have to say about this is, if MCC manages to outlive Halo Infinite, I will be surprised. Nothing more.

Especially since Infinite is gonna have more love I’d say.

I don’t think MCC will out live Infinite. It could happen if something goes wrong with Infinite but even then I don’t know.
I mean Halo 5 had problems but people still played it so it might not be that big of a deal.
I think it’s too early to guess because we only have screenshots, one gameplay footage, some sounds, an audio file and Joseph Staten talking about his experience with the game, and it’s not enough to judge if the game will be good or bad and if we rather play MCC than Infinite.
After all, if Infinite release and his the Halo game we’re hoping and the ten year plan his good then it won’t be the case at all.
We can only speculate right now.

MCC died before Halo 5 launched, and was revived after dying on the table. You can’t look at MCC and say it outlived anything when you can’t even say it was an acceptable game back in 2014, and I wouldn’t count 4 years of almost no support as part of the longevity of the game. Trying to say it will outlive a game that has had almost nothing released regarding the multiplayer is just silly.

Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love the collection and have played it pretty regularly for the entire time it has been released, but the only reason it has long legs is due to the staggered release on PC that happened 5 years after launch.

> 2806037446402987;18:
> MCC died before Halo 5 launched, and was revived after dying on the table. You can’t look at MCC and say it outlived anything when you can’t even say it was an acceptable game back in 2014, and I wouldn’t count 4 years of almost no support as part of the longevity of the game. Trying to say it will outlive a game that has had almost nothing released regarding the multiplayer is just silly.
>
> Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love the collection and have played it pretty regularly for the entire time it has been released, but the only reason it has long legs is due to the staggered release on PC that happened 5 years after launch.

Even with the PC launch that brought many players back to MCC or new players the population of regular/frequent players is pretty low. On Steam for example I frequently see player numbers between 5,000-10,000 for a game that supposedly has had 10 million individual players since the 2019 PC launch according to an article I read a week or so ago. With the low player counts I have been seeing I doubt there will be continued development for MCC beyond season 10 which is set to be around the end of this year. MCC will still be kept running but unless something changes MCC will barely be staying alive for the foreseeable future.

If you have Game Pass, you can have both MCC and Halo 5 at the ready until Infinite comes out. Just to be clear I did purchase both MCC and Halo 5 before subscribing to GP in case anybody is thinking I ONLY play GP games (which I do now because it’s a crazy value for someone that doesn’t have tons of time to play games these days).