Halo MCC matchmaking not working again on Series X

I couldn’t wait to get my hands on a Series X and it’s been nothing but a let down as MCC matchmaking never works. Halo 5 works fine and MCC matchmaking works fine on my older XBOX.

Did you turn it off and on?

I have a friend with a series x, and we play every weekend. Might be something wrong with the console. Maybe report it to Microsoft, see if they can help.

Turned it on and off many times.

I have a Series X and I have no trouble… have you made any changes to your server regions?

No changes to server regions. Even uninstalled and reinstalled. One day it works, and then it doesn’t.

> 2765156556924236;6:
> No changes to server regions. Even uninstalled and reinstalled. One day it works, and then it doesn’t.

Listen its not turning the console on and off, it’s going to the home screen and manually pressing start on the tab and hitting the quit icon at the bottom. The game does playlist updates and because of the quick resume the game resumes with outdated playlists… I ran into this issue you did and doing the manual quit and restart method works, it updates your game and you’re good to play.

> 2533274906703927;7:
> > 2765156556924236;6:
> > No changes to server regions. Even uninstalled and reinstalled. One day it works, and then it doesn’t.
>
> Listen its not turning the console on and off, it’s going to the home screen and manually pressing start on the tab and hitting the quit icon at the bottom. The game does playlist updates and because of the quick resume the game resumes with outdated playlists… I ran into this issue you did and doing the manual quit and restart method works, it updates your game and you’re good to play.

This ^^^

Quick resume & multiplayer servers don’t go hand in hand very well at all as of right now. I don’t know if that’ll ever change.

Like the quoted post says, loading up a game from quick resume doesn’t update playlist/server data for the game which will leave you unable to find a match online at all.

You’ll need to close your game application manually and restart it. That should fix it.
Quick resume is great for single player games but isn’t the best for online stuff yet.

@foombles, which Home Screen? XBOX or Halo? I don’t know which tab you mean and I don’t see a quit anywhere.

> 2765156556924236;9:
> @foombles, which Home Screen? XBOX or Halo? I don’t know which tab you mean and I don’t see a quit anywhere.

Go to your Xbox hoke screen.
Select MCC but do not launch the game.
Press start.
Select quit.
This will fully close the game. Then select MCC as you would normally to launch the game. The game will load fresh.

You’ll need to do this anytime you leave a game like MCC running for a long time without closing. The server info won’t update otherwise and you will not be able to matchmake

You have to hard reset your xbox to get it to work. Hold down the power off button for 30 sec

I had this issue. It’s caused by Quick Resume, which you can’t disable (AFAIK). To fix it just press start on the game (Home Screen or center button menu) and choose “quit”. Game will now start normally, and matchmaking will work again. I’ve actually gotten into the habit of selecting “quit” before turning my Xbox off