Halo MCC Crashing on Launch (Steam)

Recently I’ve encountered an issue with the Steam version of MCC. When I first installed it I was able to use it perfectly fine and didn’t encounter any issues. Yesterday I encountered an issue where I cannot launch the game without it crashing before the main menu even appeared.

I meet and exceed every specification required. I have validated my files many times and also reinstalled it many times.

Is there a known fix for this?

I’m currently having a similar problem, in my situation it only loads the Xbox Games Studios and 343i logo intro, and then turns black and crashes, so I have to end it by going to task manager. I’ve done the same and meet the system requirements.

> 2533274884821889;2:
> I’m currently having a similar problem, in my situation it only loads the Xbox Games Studios and 343i logo intro, and then turns black and crashes, so I have to end it by going to task manager. I’ve done the same and meet the system requirements.

That’s exactly what I’m going through

I had this problem since the Halo 2 Fix update

Same problem but on Xbox one.
Yesterday everything was fine.

> 2533274899505470;5:
> Same problem but on Xbox one.
> Yesterday everything was fine.

If your using Steam you just have to uninstall Halo 2 Multiplayer

> 2533274976600234;6:
> > 2533274899505470;5:
> > Same problem but on Xbox one.
> > Yesterday everything was fine.
>
> If your using Steam you just have to uninstall Halo 2 Multiplayer

I’m using my Xbox one, I find out something, If I go offline I can log in.
But if I try to log in online the game crashes.

Same problem here. Both on XONE and PC (both gamepass and steam). As soon as I tries to sing in with my profile game crashes to dashboard or desktop. using other xbox live profile works fine. I tried to sing in with my wifes account and my brothers. They works ok. But using mine, it crashes. Microsoft servise advised me to delete save files from cloud and reset the system to factory settings. Nothing worked. It still crashes on both xone and pc. A friend of mine experienced the same problem, but after latest patch rolled out, the game pases him throung to play singleplayer, but it crashes as soon as he tries to play online modes.

UPDATE. I contacted 343i t and the agent gave me a set of instruction. I live in Russia and they helped. I did everything step by step. It looks like a ridiculous set of steps, but it worked. Change your Region to United States. All languages sholud be also set to English ( United States). Go to Settings -> Ease of access -> Game Trascription. Uncheck everything. If it is unckeked, place a mark, quit the menu, enter again and uncheck again. The most imortant thing, that you have to switch text-to-message option to “Microsoft David”. Apperantly the problem causing it is “Microsoft Mark” and Zira. Switching to David solves the problem on my end. But it works only with United states region settings and Language in English “United States”. Be aware that sometimes the system switches David to Mark.

Still this method solves only xbox one version only crashes. No solution for Steam version yet

Thats freaking insane, it actually worked.

I’m having huge issues with Halo MCC (Steam) right now. Every time I try to start it, it goes black at the menu and says fatal error and that it will crash…HELP PLEASE??? The only game I have in MCC is Reach and I’ve never had any problems sooo… I don’t know what to do :frowning:

i have a problem that says that my game is running but i can still hear the sound

Well it’ll be too late at this point as of now anyway because we couldn’t solve the problem before the free event week ends. I felt that it wasn’t fair so I’m hoping the devs would extend this week as of today so that we could fix the problems that we couldn’t fix and get the chance to play.