Halo:MCC- A Halo fan, not a Bungie fan

First of all, this DOES pertain to Halo:MCC, and is not a rant, just food for thought. 343i is a great company, and Bungie is a great company. What people realize is that Halo can’t survive if it stays 100% the same. I have been a Halo fan since I was in 8th grade ( 2009 ). Yes, I do recognize and love the classic formula, but it DOES need some changes. I’m sorry guys, but Halo shouldn’t be forced to stay the same for the 20-something year old’s who were in highschool when Halo 2 came out. The gaming industry is ever changing, and like it or not the people who were kids when Halo 1, 2, and even 3 came out, now have kids of their own. You can crap talk COD all you like, but it’s always getting new fans. Halo’s lack of change has led only 16-20 year olds to stick around, because they think skill based multiplayer is the way of life. Sure skill based gameplay is necessary, but the gaming industry is huge, it needs something for everyone. Halo needs all new fans. We can’t spend $60 every few years for the same game. Many of us want new stuff. I agree that custom loadouts and ordnance was bad, EVEN some of the armor abilities were bad, but sprint, Halo Reach loadouts, and some of the new guns were great. I have full faith in 343 industries work on Halo 5. Seriously guys, don’t even comment on Halo 5, or Halo 2 Anniversary if you can’t handle new stuff. You guys stir up negativity in the community. Whether it’s made by Bungie or not, Halo is a great franchise with a great story. I will stick with Halo to the end. I need to know the story.

youre right. There does need to be something for everybody. People who want skill based competitive multiplayer have classic halo. People who don’t want skill based competitive multiplayer have CoD. Halo does not need to copy that formula. When halo turns into CoD, then you don’t really have “something for everybody” anymore.

> 2811398874529013;2:
> youre right. There does need to be something for everybody. People who want skill based competitive multiplayer have classic halo. People who don’t want skill based competitive multiplayer have CoD. Halo does not need to copy that formula. When halo turns into CoD, then you don’t really have “something for everybody” anymore.

I agree, Halo shouldn’t turn into COD, but jeeze it needs SOME changes. At the end of the day people have to stop crying about skill, and realize that it’s just pressing plastic buttons, and shooting. Halo is not some mystical life force, it’s a videogame… a fantastic videogame. In Halo 4 we did the same stuff, we aimed a BR, pressed the trigger 3 times, then aimed at the head and pressed the trigger again, YET people think Halo 4 is an abomination I don’t get it. If you ARE AS GOOD AS YOU PEOPLE SAY YOU ARE, then your *SKILL will outmatch “noobs” as always. I don’t understand why you guys pride yourselves on destroying people in multiplayer. I don’t care if a “noob” got locky and got overshields and a power weapon. Anybody should be able to get easy kills like that. What matters most is we press plastic buttons and kill stuff, and have recharging eneergy shields, and have small hip-fire reticles on precision weapons.

I say that 343 should just give a big -Yoinking!- middle finger to the fanbase, ditch Halo, and make a new franchise where they can show off their creativity instead of being forced to make the same game everytime which is what the fanbase is making them do. I can’t even begin to imagine what the moral is like at 343, it must feel horrible for them to see all the hate directed towards every single thing they do.

The MCC is perfect for the new fan, we give everything they need to know about Halo and more remastered !

People do realize that it’s how a game plays that makes I skill base or casual right? Making minor or no changes has little to do with it.

Halo tried to change and it lost a significant number of the fanbase and community content during the process not to mention it became less skill based.

There are still things being changed in Halo such as new map interactions and new vehicles that actually contributes to what the community wants.

If the game has a good gameplay formula and style then why would you won’t to change it and repeat Reach? People liked Halo for Halo’s original arena style gameplay. I think you meant that you just want fresh content and new features that doesn’t majorly alter gameplay.

Nobody is asking for the same, we’re simply asking for the same gameplay formula and set of design principles. You can add a lot of things if they stick to the formula but as we have already seen if you change the formula completely as Reach and Halo 4 did you lose massive amounts of players.

I think i speak for a lot of people when i say Halo isn’t about following the changing times like sheep - It is about staying true to what Halo is and was. Halo doesn’t need to change and evolve and a lot would argue it should have stopped after 2 or possibly 3.
If it means the franchise fading away or just bringing back the old games in a new way (MCC) then so be it.
Halo shouldn’t have to change just because you don’t understand why us “Classic” fans want it to go back to how it was.

Yes i didn’t mind reach and the 4 campaign was alright, but it isn’t Halo and trying to constantly bring it back with new and more modern things is just ruining a legacy that should be preserved, not built on.

This collection I believe is a true Classic fans dream as it is bringing back what i believe is the true Halo experience. Halo 1 made FPS what they are and Halo 2 pretty much blew up online gaming in a big way. Yes the collection is nice for new fans as it gets them into the game we all love, but this is no way should support the people chomping at 343i’s legs for new content. Halo 5 looks good and i hope it is, but 343 should really put the franchise to rest with Halo 5 and MCC which will give us all a lot of game play for years to come. Then they can move on and make games that fit the needs to the OP and others as they are perfectly valid.

Think that’s it searches pockets… yep that’s it.

Peace out!

Halo doesn’t need to add crap like sprint or load outs to change. Further more it doesn’t need to “change with the times” but it can add new variables to create new ways to play.

Halo needs further innovations/additions (or at least console innovations) like theatre and forge and firefight. More custom game options and gametypes.

Halo needs features NOT gameplay mechanics from other games.

> 2533274813583846;9:
> Halo doesn’t need to add crap like sprint or load outs to change. Further more it doesn’t need to “change with the times” but it can add new variables to create new ways to play.
>
> Halo needs further innovations/additions (or at least console innovations) like theatre and forge and firefight. More custom game options and gametypes.
>
> Halo needs features NOT gameplay mechanics from other games.

Then people will complain that it’s just the same game over and over again.

> 2533274906745123;10:
> > 2533274813583846;9:
> > Halo doesn’t need to add crap like sprint or load outs to change. Further more it doesn’t need to “change with the times” but it can add new variables to create new ways to play.
> >
> > Halo needs further innovations/additions (or at least console innovations) like theatre and forge and firefight. More custom game options and gametypes.
> >
> > Halo needs features NOT gameplay mechanics from other games.
>
>
> Then people will complain that it’s just the same game over and over again.

I’m not hearing a lot of complaints about the MCC - well overall… excluding the petty ignorants that are never happy

> 2533274874455685;11:
> > 2533274906745123;10:
> > > 2533274813583846;9:
> > > Halo doesn’t need to add crap like sprint or load outs to change. Further more it doesn’t need to “change with the times” but it can add new variables to create new ways to play.
> > >
> > > Halo needs further innovations/additions (or at least console innovations) like theatre and forge and firefight. More custom game options and gametypes.
> > >
> > > Halo needs features NOT gameplay mechanics from other games.
> >
> >
> >
> > Then people will complain that it’s just the same game over and over again.
>
>
> I’m not hearing a lot of complaints about the MCC - well overall… excluding the petty ignorants that are never happy

No because the MCC is a re-release of old games and is being marketed as such, it’s not being marketed as a new game. One of the (many) criticisms levelled at COD is that its basically the same game each year with some additional modes. I think people are wanting more from something that’s supposed to be a new game each year

Did you know that Call of Duty follows the same basic formula it has had for many years?
or what about Battlefield? It’s still the same classic Battlefield at its core for the formula that makes the game.

A series is defined by the formula that created it, and for Halo that is Arena Based Combat.

Do you know why Halo 4 was bad? It was because it lost its formula and instead tried to copy other series’ formulas instead of staying true to itself.

Halo 4 was an abomination in terms of a Halo game with things like personalized loadouts and ordinance drops, so of course Halo fans left the game, because everyone could tell by its gameplay that it was no Halo game. “Halo” 4 was just Generic Military Shooter #36 with a Halo skin, and a far cry from what made Halo great.

Yea i really don’t get the hate for 343i, they did good with Halo:Mcc and i have faith they will do the same for H5, Have you all forgotten that the great and powerful bungie ruined Reach by using it as a testing ground for the massive FU to there fanbase that was destiny?

You say that we cant pay 60 dollars for the same game? That is a call of duty specialty. COD does not change at ALL. Now i have not played their new game at all but i played up to ghosts(only friends copies) and they did not change. I agree halo has to do some things different but certain things should NEVER change. The core gameplay should stay the same. Look at how much halo changed from 1 to 2 and it was a great change. BR became great weapon and dual wielding was added but the core of the game stayed the same. From h2 to h3 we got equipment that you could pick up on the map with the addition of vehicles i.e. the mongoose. The core gameplay was never changed. Add in reach and h4 where the core gameplay was changed a ton with bloom and sprint and armor abilities with no visible rank next to my name. It just wasnt as fun. Yes, i agree, halo need to change every now and then but make changes like h1-h3 did. The core gameplay stayed the same.

> 2533274882999606;3:
> > 2811398874529013;2:
> > youre right. There does need to be something for everybody. People who want skill based competitive multiplayer have classic halo. People who don’t want skill based competitive multiplayer have CoD. Halo does not need to copy that formula. When halo turns into CoD, then you don’t really have “something for everybody” anymore.
>
>
> I don’t care if a “noob” got locky and got overshields and a power weapon. Anybody should be able to get easy kills like that.

No, they shouldn’t. I couldn’t agree more with cutting 343 slack and appreciating how hard they’re trying to please the community, but there is a multitude of reasons why Halo 4 is wideky considered an abomination, and this is one of them. People should not be able to spawn power weapons and pickups at their feet. It defeats the basic purpose of Halo MP…map control. Halo 4 introduced chaotic gameplay that was 90% random and 10% luck. It tried changing the formula and it failed, badly.

I’m down for innovation and improving Halo, just don’t -Yoink- with the formula.

> 2533274871181197;4:
> I say that 343 should just give a big -Yoinking!- middle finger to the fanbase, ditch Halo, and make a new franchise where they can show off their creativity instead of being forced to make the same game everytime which is what the fanbase is making them do. I can’t even begin to imagine what the moral is like at 343, it must feel horrible for them to see all the hate directed towards every single thing they do.

Just going to address this: 343i is not a pre-existing studio which was forced to make Halo, it was built SPECIFICALLY to take care of the Halo Franchise. They are never going to create an original IP because that is not what the studio was designed to do. It was designed the manage the expanded universe media like books, films, etc and make Halo games. If they’re not doing that then 343i shouldn’t even exist.

If you expect them (or want them) to make a original IP, then you’re a bit ignorant.

> 2533274882999606;1:
> First of all, this DOES pertain to Halo:MCC, and is not a rant, just food for thought. 343i is a great company, and Bungie is a great company. What people realize is that Halo can’t survive if it stays 100% the same. I have been a Halo fan since I was in 8th grade ( 2009 ). Yes, I do recognize and love the classic formula, but it DOES need some changes. I’m sorry guys, but Halo shouldn’t be forced to stay the same for the 20-something year old’s who were in highschool when Halo 2 came out. The gaming industry is ever changing, and like it or not the people who were kids when Halo 1, 2, and even 3 came out, now have kids of their own. You can crap talk COD all you like, but it’s always getting new fans. Halo’s lack of change has led only 16-20 year olds to stick around, because they think skill based multiplayer is the way of life. Sure skill based gameplay is necessary, but the gaming industry is huge, it needs something for everyone. Halo needs all new fans. We can’t spend $60 every few years for the same game. Many of us want new stuff. I agree that custom loadouts and ordnance was bad, EVEN some of the armor abilities were bad, but sprint, Halo Reach loadouts, and some of the new guns were great. I have full faith in 343 industries work on Halo 5. Seriously guys, don’t even comment on Halo 5, or Halo 2 Anniversary if you can’t handle new stuff. You guys stir up negativity in the community. Whether it’s made by Bungie or not, Halo is a great franchise with a great story. I will stick with Halo to the end. I need to know the story.

Another one of these threads. How many times must we say no one is against changes as long as they respect the games core which is an arena shooter.
I personally don’t think I will mind the loadouts in h2a. Halo 4 loadouts were terrible and not thought out properly. H4 was not a good game. Player retention proved that. They took customization options away in forge so the competitive community couldn’t even make a viable game type. They had to mod a game type just to disable sprint. Come on. The franchise went backwards there.
DO NOT tell us to not comment. We have a voice here too. Halo doesn’t need new fans. It needs to bring back the ones it shunned away when reach and h4 came out. COD and BF stuck with their formula and their community thanks them by continuing to buy the game and dlc.
You say Halo won’t survive if it doesn’t change. Well we shall see on 11/11. This game needs to bring back the competitiveness.
I enjoyed having a rank to work for as I am sure other people did. Reach killed that “game day” type of feeling. Nearly all of the loadouts/aa were not thought out properly in h4/reach. Pocket shotty, armor lock, spawning with invis? Wtf.

In short we “classic” halo fans have a voice as well. It seems we are outnumbering everyone else and we are here to reclaim the franchise that gave us so much enjoyment over a decade ago.

#weback

> 2533274847026328;14:
> Yea i really don’t get the hate for 343i, they did good with Halo:Mcc and i have faith they will do the same for H5, Have you all forgotten that the great and powerful bungie ruined Reach by using it as a testing ground for the massive FU to there fanbase that was destiny?

Reach was a spin off game though, it wasn’t part of the numbered core series like Halo 4 is supposed to be. I personally don’t hate 343 I think they try really hard to please the fans but the problem they had was that Reach sent a lot of fans packing and when they were gathering feedback for Halo 4 they were listening to the casual fans of that time and H4 became yet another casual experience that turned away more fans.

With MCC and the competitive focus they’re on the right track, if you build a game competitive from the ground up and build in lots of custom options then you can easily throw in some casual gametypes but it doesn’t work the other way around.

You’re right, games need to evolve or else they stagnate and make a fan base that is a bunch of ego based we’re the best thought process (COD). The games that Bungie made will always be great for the fact that they are great for what they are, the games that 343 Industries will make will be great for the same reason not due to the developers but because of the experience it gives you. I played Halo: CE in 3rd grade that was 2001, Halo 2 5th grade 2004, Halo 3 9th grade 2007, Halo Wars 10th grade 2009, Halo 3: ODST 11th grade 2009, Halo: Reach 12th grade 2010, Halo: CE Anniversary 2011, Halo 4 2012, Halo: Spartan Assault 2013, Halo: Master Chief Collection 2014. That is just the games I’ve also read all the books have all the music and seen all the videos for it…I am a HALO FAN not a developer fan. Developers are a different forum.