Halo Mashup Volume 1: Beaver Creek + Zanzibar (2 Great maps in 1 EPIC MAP)

First off ill have a pic of beaver creek section so far completed Edit: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=23698533&player=lordcrusnik1986

, Secondly THIS IS A MASHUP REMIX of 2 maps fused together. The reason i did not straight up remake beaver creek or zanzibar is that it will be rereleased this november plus there are SPECTACULAR remakes before this…So here is the pitch and i hope i can get a few followers here…Im in the middle of remakeing 2 simultanious maps as 1 huge fusion map, Working tile is Beaver zanizibar…(Not original but best i could do) any suggestions to name will be looked at, as its still a work in progress as of now i have the creek done and red base in beaver creek as accurate as possible. Any thoughts, suggestions, comments or name changes is grateful.

Where blue base is will be zanzibar beach, wherewhich will curve to the right and still be zanzibar, until you reach redbase which that half will be beaver creek, if i have enough budget i will also include fan just on the red base river side.

Let me know what you think, pic will be up shortly tonight.

Please note: as of placing this post zanzibar is not in it yet, but the way i see it, the beach is where blue base is and zanzibar will wrap around the right hand side to correspond to the flow of how zanzibar was.
Pics will be posted as process gets more detailed.

Why not call it Beaver Resort, or Zanzibar Creek?

Pic is now up, ill be updating the pics as it forms more clearly.

How do you mod maps? do you have halo custom or what.

ive always enjoyed remakes, but a remake fusion ive never seen. Cudos friend, hope it turns out good. :slight_smile:

me too, id like to see how it flows together, Side note, im having issues with the creek area and looking directly at red base, its framerate drops only right there and ill need to fix it by probably adding a rock in between the section to reduce screen rate drop.

This is an awesome idea. If u need any help in forgeing it or any other map mashup send me a message, my GT is the same as my username. I think this style of forgeing could get really popular.

Its VERY tedious lol, tell ya what ill get online in a bit and shoot you a friend request, i have some time tonight but i might hit the sack early if i do ill add you to party up. I honestly havent started on zanzibar section yet mostly due to time constraints and the fact that im gathering data for placement of areas to mash together.

You do know moded maps are illegal right?

He isn’t doing the modding he is just editing a modded map. Second there are no new objects or objects not ment to be in the game. H is using a map with more objects of a certain catagory which is only tweaking a system put into prevent lag.

If it is still considered illegal it isn’t a huge offence it would be a minor infringement probably up there with copying VHS tape now.
So he is not doing the modding himself or at least I don’t believe he is and if so he is in a grey area of the law.

Personally I like his maps and so do other people.

Game creators could learn alot from modders. Modders could be considered the voice of the people and I believe cod was made based on modded games. Well anyway I am pretty sure a lot of maps are based on customization from Halo CE and forge that 343 and Bungie used to create maps.

I can’t mod nor do I plan to learn how. But I do not believe that all modding is bad. Besides it is a game changer and provides new possibilities such as land scape.

Personally I would not make these maps but I enjoy them so I think it is a good thing someone takes the risk.

> He isn’t doing the modding he is just editing a modded map. Second there are no new objects or objects not ment to be in the game. H is using a map with more objects of a certain catagory which is only tweaking a system put into prevent lag.
>
> If it is still considered illegal it isn’t a huge offence it would be a minor infringement probably up there with copying VHS tape now.
> So he is not doing the modding himself or at least I don’t believe he is and if so he is in a grey area of the law.
>
> Personally I like his maps and so do other people.
>
> Game creators could learn alot from modders. Modders could be considered the voice of the people and I believe cod was made based on modded games. Well anyway I am pretty sure a lot of maps are based on customization from Halo CE and forge that 343 and Bungie used to create maps.
>
> I can’t mod nor do I plan to learn how. But I do not believe that all modding is bad. Besides it is a game changer and provides new possibilities such as land scape.
>
> Personally I would not make these maps but I enjoy them so I think it is a good thing someone takes the risk.

Theres an item limit and budget limit for a reason.
Just because a person mods a map and some people like it better then the original does not always make it better.

And its still banable to have modded content in your file share

true it doesnt necessarily make it " better" however it adds MUCH needed creativity to a very bland atmoshphere.

Wait, I’m confused.
Is this a fusion of the two (i.e. putting a large wheel in the creek), or is it both maps side by side and connected?

its a fusion spliced together, im still working on the specs, but the half you see here is the beaver creak section, and then where the piece of land is not walled off will be zanzibar/last resort, the wheel may or may not be placed determining if i have enough items to use afterwards. So as for your question, they will not be side by side and will be fused together like a manbearpig half man half bear pig, and will have 4 butts! just saying

I was thinking about making a Halo CEA Battle Canyon Map based on the images,fly-throughs,ect. I want to make a good accurate one.

-KaineFreitas117

> its a fusion spliced together, im still working on the specs, but the half you see here is the beaver creak section, and then where the piece of land is not walled off will be zanzibar/last resort, the wheel may or may not be placed determining if i have enough items to use afterwards. So as for your question, they will not be side by side and will be fused together like a manbearpig half man half bear pig, and will have 4 butts! just saying

Ah ok.

U going to send me a friend request?