Halo Legends

Soooo I’m curious…

How much of or if at all is any of the Halo Legends series canon?

I’ve heard that it is, that it isn’t, some is, some isn’t… so I’m curious really what’s the scoop on the series.

My favorite is the Origins Part 1 & 2 and I’m assuming that is canon.

Thanks for the help…

[deleted]

I hated Odd One Out.

…but I’m an anime hater in general, so there’s that. lol

All of them (except Odd One Out) are canon. The 2010 versions of the classic novels (The Fall of Reach, The Flood, First Strike) even include some texts linking the books with some Halo Legends episodes.

But only when it comes to events depicted and characters involved in them. Most elements integral to the graphical representation of them (Dr. Halsey’s physical appearance in The Package, the artistic nature of the Sangheili world in The Duel, etc.) is not canon.

PS: The Modified Mark IV armor that appears in The Package is 100% canon, it doesn’t replace the usual Mark IV armor (Halo Wars and the books) but it is an entirely new variant (shown in Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn).

Everything is canon in Halo Legends, with the clear exception of Odd One Out. They all tell stories that actually occured in Halo story and have been referenced in and used as the basis of of future Halo media. The only thing that isn’t canon about all of these episodes is some of the visuals, which are contradictory to established canon or a little outlandish. This - however - can be chalked down to artistic license.

As an example, Halsey wouldn’t have looked as young as she did in The Package and Han from The Duel wouldn’t have looked so human-like. These designs were made by the studios to enhance the plot or fit the visual style of the story and anime in general.

> 2533274929494620;5:
> Everything is canon in Halo Legends, with the clear exception of Odd One Out. They all tell stories that actually occured in Halo story and have been referenced in and used as the basis of of future Halo media. The only thing that isn’t canon about all of these episodes is some of the visuals, which are contradictory to established canon or a little outlandish. This - however - can be chalked down to artistic license.
>
> As an example, Halsey wouldn’t have looked as young as she did in The Package and Han from The Duel wouldn’t have looked so human-like. These designs were made by the studios to enhance the plot or fit the visual style of the story and anime in general.

Such as the H2A terminals that reference the Duel and Hunt the Truth referencing the events of Homecoming.

> 2533274883849234;6:
> > 2533274929494620;5:
> > Everything is canon in Halo Legends, with the clear exception of Odd One Out. They all tell stories that actually occured in Halo story and have been referenced in and used as the basis of of future Halo media. The only thing that isn’t canon about all of these episodes is some of the visuals, which are contradictory to established canon or a little outlandish. This - however - can be chalked down to artistic license.
> >
> > As an example, Halsey wouldn’t have looked as young as she did in The Package and Han from The Duel wouldn’t have looked so human-like. These designs were made by the studios to enhance the plot or fit the visual style of the story and anime in general.
>
>
> Such as the H2A terminals that reference the Duel and Hunt the Truth referencing the events of Homecoming.

And the 2010 version of “The Fall of Reach” talking directly about what happened in The Package.

> 2618387461932991;3:
> I hated Odd One Out.
>
> …but I’m an anime hater in general, so there’s that. lol

Still haven’t watch it. If it’s not Canon I wasn’t about to watch it

Thanks everyone for the replies…

I figured they were canon but some stuff didn’t line up quite correctly such as how Halsey looked in ‘The Package’ or the entire episode of ‘Odd One Out’.

So that makes sense if there were just some artistic misinterpretations and that the ‘Odd One Out’ episode was just a sort of ‘joke for fun’ deal.

Well I’ll still say my absolute favorite is ‘Origins’ part 1 & 2. I love that it gives a basic overview of the Halo story. It’s one of my favorite content pieces to shows friends when introducing them to the Halo universe… often I get an “Ohhh… some things make more sense now and some things I just never knew now make Halo much more interesting.”

Cool tidbit:
One of my favorite things about Halo is how it intertwines everything to each other in canon. If you play on the Halo 3 map ‘Orbital’ and look on the walls in the area that there’s a long set of stairs, you can see faces and a big ship… these images are the exact same ones and directly correlate to the ‘Orgins’ 1 & 2 episodes in Halo Legends… go check it out :slight_smile:

Most of the Halo Legends episodes are canon. The only one that isn’t, is Odd One Out, I mean it was like a combination between Halo and DBZ.
Still, it’s such a good animated movie.