Halo Legends mech in Campaign?

Am I the only one who wants to see something like that?

Honestly, I’ve been thinking about Halo campaigns, what’s good and what isn’t, and other than the space combat, most vehicle combat is just garbage. Either you don’t have enough fire power, the vehicles handle terribly. or you’re just way too slow. For multiplayer that is fine, because that creates balance between vehicles and against infantry, but it doesn’t make for the best experiences in campaign.

Halo Legends opens an avenue for a fast moving hard hitting vehicle with good handling and a way to make sense of the fact that they haven’t completely replaced tanks in combat. Having Chief suit for a part of a level and just completely wreck an army of enemies and possibly square off against a boss enemy could be amazingly fun if done right.

You saying that vehicle combat in campaigns is garbage makes me think your opinion is garbage. Instead of trying to put a label on it that is inaccurate, just say YOU didnt like it.

One should NEVER feel punished for entering a vehicle. Even in Multiplayer. It should ALWAYS require either extremely skilled play, a proper anti-vehicle weapon, or more than one damn player to kill a vehicle.

As per Campaign, vehicles work fine, I have no idea what you are on. Every time I get in a Ghost, Warthog, Scorpion, Banshee, Wraith, Revenant, Spectre etc. I instantly become capable of taking on normally overwhelming numbers of enemies, on any difficulty.

It sounds to me like you just suck really bad with them.

Anyway, that Mech in Halo Legends, just like almost all of Halo Legends, MUST MUST MUST be deemed non-canon by 343i. It was a COMPLETELY limited idea to bring Gundams into the Halo universe. Just like it was limited to make Elites japanese samurai, to make Spartan IIs wear rainbow armor that ISNT standard Mjolnir, and to turn DR. Halsey into a schoolgirl.

Anyone who takes Halo Legend’s garbage seriously is in dire need of a kick in the face. Origins, and the Babysitter are the ONLY 2 decent sections of it. And that’s only if I try really REALLY hard to ignore the Elite armor, and the “love story” in the Babysitter.

> You saying that vehicle combat in campaigns is garbage makes me think your opinion is garbage. Instead of trying to put a label on it that is inaccurate, just say YOU didnt like it.

Great way to start off this thread, instead of addressing my point about the mech, you attempt to derail the thread.

Regardless of how you feel about other vehicles, I’m sure most would agree that having a faster, more fluid, and more destructive sequence would be incredible.

And I suppose while I’m talking about vehicles, another sequence with the longsword in Halo 4 would be awesome.

> Every time I get in a Ghost, Warthog, Scorpion, Banshee, Wraith, Revenant, Spectre etc. I instantly become capable of taking on normally overwhelming numbers of enemies, on any difficulty.

You play on Legendary? Sure the scorpion and somewhat the wraith are fine because they still gib most stuff, and the banshee is alright too although I can’t recall flying it in the last two Halo games, but most of the other vehicles just do pitiful damage and/or handle very badly. The Hornet is passable I suppose too.

To my knowledge that “mech” was merely based off the older MJOLNIR models (the immobile models.) and I dont see it returning. For starters. In Dr Halsey’s journal she talks about it and claims that it requires a high amount of power and the complications of the equipment make it hard for the little amount of spartans that are left. Another thing is that since it was in it’s prototype state, when it self-destructed, ALL of the tech on it was wiped out. So they would need to build it from scratch. And at any rate, for mobility and quality, the MJOLNIR Mk. V-VII far surpass it. Since the HRUNTING (the name of the suit) is a branch off the MJOLNIR.

> > You saying that vehicle combat in campaigns is garbage makes me think your opinion is garbage. Instead of trying to put a label on it that is inaccurate, just say YOU didnt like it.
>
> To my knowledge that “mech” was merely based off the older MJOLNIR models (the immobile models.) and I dont see it returning. For starters. In Dr Halsey’s journal she talks about it and claims that it requires a high amount of power and the complications of the equipment make it hard for the little amount of spartans that are left. Another thing is that since it was in it’s prototype state, when it self-destructed, ALL of the tech on it was wiped out. So they would need to build it from scratch. And at any rate, for mobility and quality, the MJOLNIR Mk. V-VII far surpass it. Since the HRUNTING (the name of the suit) is a branch off the MJOLNIR.

Halsey isn’t talking about the Mech, she is talking about earlier Mjolnir prototypes. Mk I and, I’m assuming Mk II were both massive, requiring giant power-backpacks and insane amounts of energy to power.

> And at any rate, for mobility and quality, the MJOLNIR Mk. V-VII far surpass it.

Did not know that Master Chief could fly or use thrusts to dodge out of incoming missiles.

> > > You saying that vehicle combat in campaigns is garbage makes me think your opinion is garbage. Instead of trying to put a label on it that is inaccurate, just say YOU didnt like it.
> >
> > To my knowledge that “mech” was merely based off the older MJOLNIR models (the immobile models.) and I dont see it returning. For starters. In Dr Halsey’s journal she talks about it and claims that it requires a high amount of power and the complications of the equipment make it hard for the little amount of spartans that are left. Another thing is that since it was in it’s prototype state, when it self-destructed, ALL of the tech on it was wiped out. So they would need to build it from scratch. And at any rate, for mobility and quality, the MJOLNIR Mk. V-VII far surpass it. Since the HRUNTING (the name of the suit) is a branch off the MJOLNIR.
>
> Halsey isn’t talking about the Mech, she is talking about earlier Mjolnir prototypes. Mk I and, I’m assuming Mk II were both massive, requiring giant power-backpacks and insane amounts of energy to power.

I dont have the journal on me anymore so Ill just take your word for that. However, my point still remands valid that it is a suit and not a vehicle mech.

> > And at any rate, for mobility and quality, the MJOLNIR Mk. V-VII far surpass it.
>
> Did not know that Master Chief could fly or use thrusts to dodge out of incoming missiles.

Using only Mk IV armor, Master Chief once grabbed a nuclear missile that was shot at him, and threw it away like a ragdoll.

That, and he could easily out-maneuver missiles and explosions, he does all the time (Wraith Mortars, Plasma Globs, BULLETS etc.)

Mechs like that are best left in the anime, I think (keep in mind, I really enjoyed Legends. I just don’t tihnk that some of the more exaggerated, stylistic stuff needs to be in campaign).

I would, on the other hand, love to see the Cyclops from Halo Wars as a sort of mech that can be use din campaign, especially if we somehow stumble across the SOF on the Forerunner world.

> > Every time I get in a Ghost, Warthog, Scorpion, Banshee, Wraith, Revenant, Spectre etc. I instantly become capable of taking on normally overwhelming numbers of enemies, on any difficulty.
>
> You play on Legendary? Sure the scorpion and somewhat the wraith are fine because they still gib most stuff, and the banshee is alright too although I can’t recall flying it in the last two Halo games, but most of the other vehicles just do pitiful damage and/or handle very badly. The Hornet is passable I suppose too.

Every single time a new Halo game comes out (Since Halo 3), the first thing I DO is beat it on solo Legendary. I would be ashamed if I could say I HADNT beaten every Halo game on Legendary (well, I havent done Halo Wars, but that doesn’t count.)

The Ghost and Revenant splatters pretty much anything, and just a second or two of concentrated fire will down a group of Grunts or Jackals, or a single Elite, with you taking little to no damage.

The only issue I could potentially see is having an AI gunner in a regular Warthog, but even then, it would only be a problem in Reach. In Halo CE, 2, 3, and ODST, my AI gunners killed just fine.

> > And at any rate, for mobility and quality, the MJOLNIR Mk. V-VII far surpass it.
>
> Did not know that Master Chief could fly or use thrusts to dodge out of incoming missiles.

Thrust to dodge incoming missiles? Sounds familiar…Have you seen the Halo 4 trailer? I’m pretty sure that happens.
/sarcasm

The point is more than just what the suit can do. It DOES have it’s disadvantages. Notice the fact that chief has been alive and kicking -Yoink- for the entirety of the war and Ghost only lived for ten minutes in the suit. It has a nice set of armaments. But you are limited to what you have and it doesn’t have infinite ammo. So like I said. It’s obsolete.

It blew up in a nuclear explosion, so we can scrap that possibility.

Plus I’m pretty sure Legends was deemed non-cannon.

> (keep in mind, I really enjoyed Legends. I just don’t tihnk that some of the more exaggerated, stylistic stuff needs to be in campaign).

Either you are lying, or you weren’t into Halo long before Legends came out, and therefore don’t know just how many lines of Canon were utterly shattered by it.

> > > And at any rate, for mobility and quality, the MJOLNIR Mk. V-VII far surpass it.
> >
> > Did not know that Master Chief could fly or use thrusts to dodge out of incoming missiles.
>
> Thrust to dodge incoming missiles? Sounds familiar…Have you seen the Halo 4 trailer? I’m pretty sure that happens.
> /sarcasm
>
> The point is more than just what the suit can do. It DOES have it’s disadvantages. Notice the fact that chief has been alive and kicking -Yoink!- for the entirety of the war and Ghost only lived for ten minutes in the suit. It has a nice set of armaments. But you are limited to what you have and it doesn’t have infinite ammo. So like I said. It’s obsolete.

> Mechs like that are best left in the anime, I think (keep in mind, I really enjoyed Legends. I just don’t tihnk that some of the more exaggerated, stylistic stuff needs to be in campaign).
>
> I would, on the other hand, love to see the Cyclops from Halo Wars as a sort of mech that can be use din campaign, especially if we somehow stumble across the SOF on the Forerunner world.

This is another good point. Halo Legends hyper-exaggerates a lot of the halo lore. The Cyclops would make a proper mech to bring in. The HRUNTING would just be a highly-overpowered suit. And I would rather see Chief use the Mk. VII which can apparently make use of it’s shields as a form of weapon. That idea intrigues me.

> Plus I’m pretty sure Legends was deemed non-cannon.

Legends, except for Odd One Out, is canon. That being said, there are some artistic liberties that were taken due to the fact that it is an anime (for example, Spartans with long hair, Halsey’s age, the exaggeration of the mech, etc.)

> > Plus I’m pretty sure Legends was deemed non-cannon.
>
> Legends, except for Odd One Out, is canon. That being said, there are some artistic liberties that were taken due to the fact that it is an anime (for example, Spartans with long hair, Halsey’s age, the exaggeration of the mech, etc.)

I’m pretty sure that if you look at the canon. They’ll be considered it. However as you just said, it’s the perspective of multiple anime corps. So of course their ideas may exaggerate some of the truth. Though Frankie did confirm that Hunters could be as big as they were in the story of the arbiter.

Halo Legends is amusing to watch, if you can ignore your hardcore story fan.

> > > Plus I’m pretty sure Legends was deemed non-cannon.
> >
> > Legends, except for Odd One Out, is canon. That being said, there are some artistic liberties that were taken due to the fact that it is an anime (for example, Spartans with long hair, Halsey’s age, the exaggeration of the mech, etc.)
>
> I’m pretty sure that if you look at the canon. They’ll be considered it. However as you just said, it’s the perspective of multiple anime corps. So of course their ideas may exaggerate some of the truth. Though Frankie did confirm that Hunters could be as big as they were in the story of the arbiter.
>
> Halo Legends is amusing to watch, if you can ignore your hardcore story fan.

Agreed. Legends is a very enjoyable ride, with a lot of really cool stories. But they’re significance just isn’t as important as the games, or even the books, and as a result the artists were given a lot of artistic freedom to make each individual entry into the series very unique and artistic. And I, personally, think that that was an excellent choice, as I really enjoyed seeing the different interpretations of what Halo is and can be to others.

Its worth noting that Mechs and third person views of Mechs open up Asian markets.

Mechs in firefight?

> Its worth noting that Mechs and third person views of Mechs open up Asian markets.
>
> Mechs in firefight?

I dont think Microsoft will even bother to try selling in japan anymore. We’ve already lost that fight, to my knowledge. They are very determined to buy their own products like Nintendo and Sony. In fact, I recall a story of a EA Representative going over to Japan and there was a large section of EA published games. He asked his translator what the sign said over it, and it read “western dogcrap.”

South Korea on the other hand…maybe.