Halo: Legacy

I had an idea for a game play style…not sure what to call it though…

it involves (since I am a fan of both styles) both FPS and RTS style of play and requires(to get the full feel of the game) at least 2 players
in my short years, I have come across very few games that touch on this style and even then its only ever really a brushing.
now to play, say in a Skirmish game mode(like that of Wars) I have come up with (based off of a star craft 1 game mode) a game mode called Nomad.
basically u start out with enough resources for a base and a few squads of marines/ Grunts, an Elephant/ Shadow APC, and what ur chosen soldier (Marine, ODST, Spartan II-IV/ Elite variant, unlock able via achievements) would be.
bases are unclaimed at the start and once bases are claimed, the NPCs or Gaia players take the remaining base sites after a certain amount of time(30 sec - 1 or 2 min. not sure what to choose)

Users - RTS format
Players - FPS format

Users are in control of the APC and majority of the bases and field units. pretty much like in Halo wars
Players fight the enemy, claim bases(like H4s Dominion game)/ resources(like H4s extraction game) along side NPCs in the field.
however with a head set or Kinect(which ever the case may be) the Player can issue commands to NPCs, utilizing a tac-pad of some sort, he/she is also able to call for reinforcements, weapon/ ammo supplies, gun placements, and even ur typical powers(carpet bomb, MAC blast, etc.)

Players/ Users can switch formats at any time by backing out of or accessing the ‘War table’ in the CIC of either ur flag ship or one of ur bases in the field

Fleets - (this is an idea from another thread see: ‘ship wars on Invasion’ by lonezewolf) Users command up to 20 ships of varying class, their flag ship is usually a capital class UNSC/ONI - Infinity class/ Covenant - Assault carrier for examples.
Players in this can fly out in fighters to engage enemy craft or board bogey ships to either take, disable, or destroy(similar to king of the hill games)

I know I haven’t come up with a lot here, so feel free to voice opinions, input ideas, or what have u

Edited new information has been placed in response form listed below(too much information to place in standard format)

thanks
James A-014

> 2533274926575406;1:
> I had an idea for a game play style…not sure what to call it though…
>
> it involves (since I am a fan of both styles) both FPS and RTS style of play and requires(to get the full feel of the game) at least 2 players
> in my short years, I have come across very few games that touch on this style and even then its only ever really a brushing.
> now to play, say in a Skirmish game mode(like that of Wars) I have come up with (based off of a star craft 1 game mode) a game mode called Nomad.
> basically u start out with enough resources for a base and a few squads of marines/ Grunts, an Elephant/ Shadow APC, and what ur chosen soldier (Marine, ODST, Spartan II-IV/ Elite variant, unlock able via achievements) would be.
> bases are unclaimed at the start and once bases are claimed, the NPCs or Gaia players take the remaining base sites after a certain amount of time(30 sec - 1 or 2 min. not sure what to choose)
>
> Users - RTS format
> Players - FPS format
>
> Users are in control of the APC and majority of the bases and field units. pretty much like in Halo wars
> Players fight the enemy, claim bases(like H4s Dominion game)/ resources(like H4s extraction game) along side NPCs in the field.
> however with a head set or Kinect(which ever the case may be) the Player can issue commands to NPCs, utilizing a tac-pad of some sort, he/she is also able to call for reinforcements, weapon/ ammo supplies, gun placements, and even ur typical powers(carpet bomb, MAC blast, etc.)
>
> Players/ Users can switch formats at any time by backing out of or accessing the ‘War table’ in the CIC of either ur flag ship or one of ur bases in the field
>
> Fleets - (this is an idea from another thread see: ‘ship wars on Invasion’ by lonezewolf) Users command up to 20 ships of varying class, their flag ship is usually a capital class UNSC/ONI - Infinity class/ Covenant - Assault carrier for examples.
> Players in this can fly out in fighters to engage enemy craft or board bogey ships to either take, disable, or destroy(similar to king of the hill games)
>
> I know I haven’t come up with a lot here, so feel free to voice opinions, input ideas, or what have u
>
> thanks
> James A-014

I would like to see that added. It’s a good idea and to be honest a name like invasion could actually work. I have also got an idea someone may like under the name of GAME MODE IDEA.

EDIT - 2/25/16
Game title:
Halo: Legacy
Game format:
FPS, RTS, MORPG
Style name:
Symbiance
Star side warfare update:
Ship class Limit:
Capital Class - 1
(e.g. - INF, CSO)
Large Class - 4
(e.g. - CFV, CAS)
Heavy Class - 8
(e.g. - DD, CV, CCS)
Moderate Class - 10
(e.g. - CL, CRS)
Light Class - 20
(e.g. - FF, DAV)
Introduction:
over the years I have asked what is the UNSC/ONI doing about the reconstruction effort throughout the colonies and what are they doing about the numerous worlds that are still occupied by the remnants of the covenant?
In Halo: Legacy, we get to, not only find out, but help to shape the future of the galaxy. In this Action packed, Adventure filled, Adrenaline fueled thrill ride, the player can create and customize their own Character, armor, and now even their own ships! Use Voice commands, Build armies, fleets, capture and fight on hostile planets in dozens of systems through out the galaxy.
Time line:
march, 2556 +
Game start/ character/ team creation and customization:
when the player is at the main menu of the game there are several options to pick from:
Campaign
Matchmaking
Custom Games
Forge
Free Roam(currant working title, looking to improve on name):
Free Roam is an objective based, open map style, Multiplayer side story, Able to use the same Fleet and Units from the campaign, the player is able to move to nearly any star system and explore the galaxy, either on their own or with a team(4 max). the player can take and control entire star systems as they would in a king of the hill game. these systems can come under attack at anytime either by an AI(Flood, Covenant, terrorist) or by an enemy player. if a player is by themselves they can only control one system at any given time, if working in a team, they can control as many systems as there are team members(4 max) if in an active Spartan company the player would have access to every system that company controls. in addition to capturing open or hostile worlds/ systems, the player can do side missions to gain CR., Cp., and new or different items(weapons, armor, vehicles, ships, etc.). in doing these side missions the player would often be given choices to make, and can eventually either (if the player is Human) remain with the UNSC/ONI or join the Insurrection or (if the player is a Sangheili) remain loyal to the Arbiter or choose to become a renegade Faction.
Theatre
if the player presses the ‘Start’ button, a character menu is pulled up, similar to halo reach and 4(have not played 5 yet)
from there again, the player has several options to select from:
The Armory:
the armory is where a player can customize the look, sound, and weapons of both their soldier and their squads. This customizations can be quite in depth. To do this the player would select the ‘Create Team’ icon to get started. from here the player can choose from up to six or more different faces, voices, hair styles, and eye colors(this would be for when the player and their team are not in combat(more would be downloaded from Marketplace or awarded)), to create what they want their character to look like, this can also be done for their squad mates(these are AI characters, there are 5, 6 in a team if u include the player) and can also select ‘combat personalities’ to determine their roll and how they would behave in the field. the player can also arm, and armor their character and team with a plethora of tech and weaponry, to add to this the player can add pouches on different parts of their armor to increase how much and what ammo and grenades they can carry. in here they can also select whether they want to be Human or a Sangheili, create or select an emblem, and even personalize their vehicles and ships! create and or modify load outs, and create or select an active fleet(20 ship max) to get new armor, weapons, tech, etc. the player has to level up and unlock or purchase with Cr. and or Career points.
Player: this is where the player would be able to check what challenges are available, stats on MM, FR, CG, Etc.
Spartan Companies: this is where the player would be able to see who and what other members of their company are doing in the Halo universe.
Game settings
Controller settings

Building and maintaining your Fleet:
When the player starts the game, they start out with 1 ship, 3 squads(the players included), and a barely functional dropship. the ship is a poorly maintained frigate that has no MAC weapons, weak weapons/ armor, no shielding, or a Slip space drive. to improve your ships and or fleet, lets face it, as with everything in life…you need money, and lots of it. to get money(Cr.) (which would allow the player to purchase not only ship upgrades, but vehicles(ground, air, and star), but also entire ships(the more ships you have the bigger the standing army that you command)) the player has to do missions and complete objectives. this will also gain them Cp. or Career points which would go to unlocking better weapons and armor for theyre squad. if the player has control of a planet or star system, they would be able to make repairs, upgrades, and build entirely new ships. the best fleets are ade up of not only destroyers, carriers, and ships of war, but also have ships that can provide in field repairs, supplies, etc., so when building ur fleet remember, having only one kind of ship will hurt u more than it would hurt the enemy.
Fleet Movement and Interstellar travel:
to use your fleet in combat, the player(1ps) must go to the CIC(war room) of theyre teams Flag ship(INF, CSO, ACD) and interact with the ‘War table’(UNSC/ONI) or ‘Combat Imager’(Sangehili). once activated the User(RTS) will switch into RTS mode and could control theyre ships as they would units on the ground( Flag ship is command center, support ships provide resources, carriers provide fighters, intercepters, gunships, etc., corvettes, destroyers, etc. would be used as large units). with the new 3rd axis movement the User can theyre ships under an enemies and have them pointing straight up at them.
(in Zero gravity(Z-G) there is no right side up)
to go from system to system, they player must go to the bridge of theyre flag ship and interact with the ‘Navigation Interface’ and select which system they would like to go to, go gain the star charts of additional systems the player has to either unlock them or purchase them from a neutral vender.
Ship to Ship warfare:
if the player or theyre team is in a star side hip to ship dog fight, the player can choose to engage the enemy with either theyre ships or by going to the hangar bay of the ship they are on and launching in a fighter(players AI squad will follow in same type of craft if not enough room in yours, and will act as wing men).
if the player manages to board an ememy ship there are several options that they would have:
Disabling hostile ships:
to disable an enemies ship the player must go to the bridge or the Reactor of what ever ship they have boarded, and find a control consol. when they interact with it a 30 sec. count down timer will start.
NOTE this process can be stopped at any time!
when the ship is disabled the engines, communicatins, weapons, shields, and even the gravity is shut down. from an outside point of view this ships engines and lights would turn off and the vessel would list of to one side.
(Reactivating is same process)
Destroying Hostile ships:
A similar process as to disable the ship, however this can ONLY be done in the ships reactor, this time a 45 sec. timer will start, and will set the reactor to overload, which will sound an Alarm. Both teams of players/Users will have until the timer reaches 0 to either evacuate or cool the reactor(cooling the reactor takes 10 sec.). If an allied player attempts to cool the reactor with less than 10 seconds remaining the ship cannot be saved. From an outside point of view this ship would both list off to one side and any and all lights on the outside of the ship will alternate in flashing red and white.
Pirating Hostile ships:
A similar process as Destroying the ship, however this can ONLY be done on the Bridge of the ship. Again the 45 sec. timer will start.
NOTE Capital Class ships CANNOT be pirated!
After the timer reaches 0 the capturing player must remove or eliminate any and all hostile presence aboard the ship to claim it.
NOTE this can ONLY be done if the players team has the pop. room for these ships!

V.C.I.(Voice Command Interaction) Systems:
NOTE this is ONLY used in FPS!
To use voice commands in game the player must have a working and active microphone headset or Kinect.
to Activate voice commands for in game use the player must go through V.T. or Vocal Training which will calibrate both the microphone to the players voice as to better understand them when using commands.
When giving commands to units in the field, the player has to get the units attention by stating the units name.
for example:
Pvt. Jenkins, take cover in that building!
or
Jenkins, Snipe from there!
or
Pvt., throw your grenade!
when issuing move or attack commands the Player uses the aiming reticle to ‘point’ to where or what they are indicating.
NOTE when issuing attack commands that units squad will attack the target that the player has indicated!

Unit Upgrade/Respawns:
when the player starts the game for the first time they are a ‘Marine Recruit’ (as is the squad that they start with) and can only spawn in normally and have the pelican drop ship Force deployment option(an advanced spawning ability, can be used for game start and Respawns).
once the player has reached a certain point both in campaign and in level, they are given the option to receive ODST training, with this they receive better weapons, equipment, vehicles, ships, and the Single Occupant Exo-atmospheric Insertion Vehicle(S.O.E.I.V), more commonly known as a ‘Hell-jumpers Drop pod’ as a force deployment option.
later in the game they will again reach a point where they can enter the SPARTAN IV program(there are 4 grades of SPARTAN: Recruit, Regular, Veteran, and Operative), again they receive better things but also gain the ability to pilot a star fighter from space and land on the ground as a force deployment option.

Player and User power use:
when in the field, players and users have access to powers and abilities to tear their enemies apart with.
for example the UNSC/ONI has the use of the Magnetic Accelerator Cannon (MAC) which is capable of sending low-mass or ‘depleted’ Uranium slugs to a fraction of light speed(halo wars description).
Users:
Accessing this can be done by bringing up the ‘powers’ wheel by pressing up on the directional pad and selecting the MAC blast icon with the movement stick . once selected the user will have a targeting reticle and orbital spotting laser which will indicate where the round will hit.
to fire the weapon the user presses the ‘A’ button. this can be upgraded to fire up to four shots.
Players:
accessing this can be done by pressing down on the directional pad which will activate that weapons spotting laser, once activated the weapons ‘safety catch’ will activate so that the weapon will NOT fire normally. this will bring up the currant load out of that players powers, to select the MAC blast icon the player must use the ‘look’ stick to the icon and press the ‘X’ or their interaction button. once selected the player can fire the weapon as they would fire a gun normally. to deactivate the power press down on the directional pad again.

(ps this is going to be bad)

but after you get a certain type of ship ( the ship that the unsc savannah is classed in) you would be able to hot drop odst and special weapons for your troops

This is amazing… OP, you are a genius! We need to find some way to make this a thing!

> 2533274924087026;6:
> (ps this is going to be bad)
>
> but after you get a certain type of ship ( the ship that the unsc savannah is classed in) you would be able to hot drop odst and special weapons for your t

FFG-371, Paris Class Heavy Frigate
yes eventually but to ‘hot drop’ in u would have to acquire ODST or SPARTAN training, which can be achieved after your character reaches a high enough level.
to do this with weapons you would have to unlock the weapon/ supply pods.
and I was even thinking of a vehicle drop pod, more for vehicles like warthogs and mongoose for the UNSC or the Specter or Ghost for Covenant.

i agree

Interesting. I’ve played an ARMAIII mission based around a halo mod that’s similar to this. The mod is Operation: TREBUCHET and the mission is centered around playing as a UNSC Colonel and you get to command an attack force to free a colony from the URF invasion. You fight on this large continent called Altis, commanding your forces to capture every town, airfield, factory, radio tower, major city and military base under control of the URF. Not only do you get to play as your own character, but you can also command your forces through an RTS-type UI. All the while, you have to watch your resources such as ammunition which is used to buy vehicles and Manpower which is used for infantry. It’s very complex and i’ve heard it takes weeks in real time to control the entire continent. The mission is called OPTRE: Liberation.

Mad respect to you OP for spending the time on this. Thinking and developing all this is quite amazing. I think this is a great idea and I hope someone from 343 sees this.

Please don’t revive old topics thanks