Halo Laggy? AU/NZ Players - *EDITED "MoR" UPDATE.

Has any other AU/NZ Players been experiencing lag as in when your shooting it take a while resister it. Also have any other players notice while hovering over the arena playlists that on the FFA tab it says “High latency the dedicated server”?

This topic is mainly aimed at solo players but any feedback would be appreciated because I want to know if It’s 343/Microsoft ends or mine because I only experience this lag on Halo and no any other games :frowning:

Edit: I am now aware that 343 are adding an option to search locally now in the “Memories of Reach” update, which is exiting news for me. Thank you for the feedback on this topic!

I’m in the US (with a strong internet connection) and this is a problem for me too

I just commented in another thread last night while on truth, I had the energy sword and felt unstoppable because the opposing teams magnum shots did not register on me

And in one instance, the player had me within 6 feet, emptied their clip and not one of their shots registered.

That’s really bad

Au and Nz will always have problems…

Overseas matchmade connection games will always lag until some sort of faster internet system becomes common practice around the world ( which im assuming will be very soon )

> 2533274884969133;4:
> Overseas matchmade connection games will always lag until some sort of faster internet system becomes common practice around the world ( which im assuming will be very soon )

Nop, nothing can travel faster than the speed of light, which is the current technology used (under sea optic fiber)

> 2533274799939888;5:
> > 2533274884969133;4:
> > Overseas matchmade connection games will always lag until some sort of faster internet system becomes common practice around the world ( which im assuming will be very soon )
>
>
> Nop, nothing can travel faster than the speed of light, which is the current technology used (under sea optic fiber)

Hehehe Dont underestimate the ability for humans to continue to invent. Im more than sure that in 50 years my 3 mb download speed in Australia will at least reach 1000mb per a second. I will never lose hope ! D:

I think AU/NZ has always had a problem with latency. Even before region lock was removed, on average my ping would be 100-300ms. Which to be fair, it isnt too bad, but when the latency gets around 300ms it starts to get a bit noticeable. After region lock was removed, nothing changed much: same connection speed, latency etc, but instead there are more momentary lag spikes. For example, I might be playing a game of arena and its running smooth, but then for a couple minutes suddenly it gets really laggy and I’m rubberbanding all over the map. This only occurs in halo 5 as well.

Even though 343 will be adding the option to choose servers for the next update, this will not rectify the problem of there being lag in halo 5. The problem is that people in AU/NZ regions like myself have to connect to the azure servers in NA, and there will always be a latency of around 100+ no matter what. The only real solution is to have AU/NZ based servers, sort of like The Division, where players in AU/NZ can get games connecting here. Although the only problem from that is some games might take longer to be matched in, it is ideally going to be the same as having server selection, but with better connection for AU/NZ players.

last night my friend who live in the US was complaining about lag and teleporting everywhere and he said it calmed down till he spawned a blaze of glory

Wait till the update tomorrow when the update comes out for searching preference. You can pick to have connection over finding match time basically.