Halo Iz Becoming CoD!!!!!!111!!!

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I’m really starting to get sick of this. I don’t know if 343 is going to be what drives me away from Halo, or if the stupid fans on these boards are.

Sprint does not make this game Call of Duty, and if you guys are so naive to think that 343 doesn’t read these posts, you’re mistaken.

The way I see it; if this game does not have a classic playlist, or another way to experience “Classic” Halo, then the series is doomed. If a Classic list is available, there’s no room for anyone to complain. Until we know this information, you all need to stop, because it’s not fun reading these posts made by people who do not have any hope for the Halo franchise.

I’d rather have a classic-esq sort of evolved game rather than be shoved in a corner with one playlist.

By there logic, Skyrim is also “CoD”

> .<mark>Sprint does not make this game Call of Duty</mark>, and if you guys are so naive to think that 343 doesn’t read these posts, you’re mistaken.

No you’re right, it makes it a crappier version of Halo.

> By there logic, Skyrim is also “CoD”

Actually even Skyrim isn’t immune to this wave of casualization taking place in the game markets today.

If you played Daggerfall or Morrowind you’d probably not like it because of its complexity. Oblivion & Skyrim are considerably watered down.

> By the<mark>ir</mark> logic, Skyrim is also “CoD”

along with most other games like Mass Effect 3, STO, and a few others I can’t think of right now, that by their logic would be COD.

> I’d rather have a classic-esq sort of evolved game rather than be shoved in a corner with one playlist.

Agreed. I hope they have more than one classic playlist, for the sake of a large portion of players.

> I’m really starting to get sick of this. I don’t know if 343 is going to be what drives me away from Halo, or if the stupid fans on these boards are.
>
> Sprint does not make this game Call of Duty, and if you guys are so naive to think that 343 doesn’t read these posts, you’re mistaken.
>
> The way I see it; if this game does not have a classic playlist, or another way to experience “Classic” Halo, then the series is doomed. If a Classic list is available, there’s no room for anyone to complain. Until we know this information, you all need to stop, because it’s not fun reading these posts made by people who do not have any hope for the Halo franchise.

Halo innovates just about every game. There trying something new and I’m for it! 343 isn’t stupid, they will always have a playlist for peeps who like the same ol same ol. I enjoyed Reach for what it was and the same with H3. Every Halo has stuff to like and stuff that I would love to change. I can’t wait for H4 because it will be an all new halo experience. So what if they take good ideas and innovate with them, the game will be halo…not camp of duty. 343’s gonna make it happen, I can feel it!

It’s not just sprint. It’s the fact there will be custom loadouts, and some kind of game altering armors.

Also sprint sucks, and isn’t nescessary if base speed is fast enough

> > By there logic, Skyrim is also “CoD”
>
> Actually even Skyrim isn’t immune to this wave of casualization taking place in the game markets today.
>
> If you played Daggerfall or Morrowind you’d probably not like it because of its complexity. Oblivion & Skyrim are considerably watered down.

They’re definitely watered down compared to Daggerfall for sure. I don’t think it’s a bad thing, though. They’ve embraced the market, evolved with their fans, and made a great, very large (content-wise), enjoyable game that you can play for days. I’ve enjoyed each Elder Scrolls iteration more and more with each installment, and I’ve been playing since Daggerfall.

I still enjoy complex RPG’s, though.

No one is forcing you to read this. Also, people say it’s like CoD to mock 343i because it’s cool to hate CoD. What they mean when they say it’s like CoD is that the game is like every other first person shooter, and what seemed to make Halo unique and different is being washed away by all the flashy mechanics that people believe must be in all first person shooters nowadays.

I love how people who dislike Halo 4 before it’s even out come here to whine as if anyone honestly gives a crap.

> I love how people who dislike Halo 4 before it’s even out come here to whine as if anyone honestly gives a crap.

See, you have to understand, they don’t care what you say.All they want is the attention of the company. They only exagerate to make people like you angry because it’s freaking hilarious.

“Classic” (i.e real Halo) should be the default experience.

Why not have a CoD playlist for you Reach 2 fans.

> > I’d rather have a classic-esq sort of evolved game rather than be shoved in a corner with one playlist.
>
> Agreed. I hope they have more than one classic playlist, for the sake of a large portion of players.

I don’t think it will be one playlist, I think it will be like Anniversary, where they give you multiple lists with the same settings.

> “Classic” (i.e real Halo) should be the default experience.
>
> Why not have a CoD playlist for you Reach 2 fans.

Because Halo evolves. The market encourages this. Like it or not, Halo will keep changing. They don’t HAVE to include classic playlists at all. The bottom line is, most players are satisfied with the direction Halo is taking with a few gripes here and there (personally, I don’t want AA’s in Reach’s iteration, but sprint doesn’t bother me). This will be evident when H4 is a blockbuster. Not every Halo player ever is getting on the forums.

> > I love how people who dislike Halo 4 before it’s even out come here to whine as if anyone honestly gives a crap.
>
> See, you have to understand, they don’t care what you say.All they want is the attention of the company. They only exagerate to make people like you angry because it’s freaking hilarious.

To be honest, I don’t think that’s the case. If it is, I really don’t understand the humor there.

> > “Classic” (i.e real Halo) should be the default experience.
> >
> > Why not have a CoD playlist for you Reach 2 fans.
>
> Because Halo evolves. The market encourages this. Like it or not, Halo will keep changing. They don’t HAVE to include classic playlists at all. The bottom line is, most players are satisfied with the direction Halo is taking with a few gripes here and there (personally, I don’t want AA’s in Reach’s iteration, but sprint doesn’t bother me). This will be evident when H4 is a blockbuster. Not every Halo player ever is getting on the forums.

Halo 2 and 3 evolved.

They were extremely popular.

Reach ripped off crap from other games and added stupid gimmicks.

Reach is a failure.

Care to try again?

> > .<mark>Sprint does not make this game Call of Duty</mark>, and if you guys are so naive to think that 343 doesn’t read these posts, you’re mistaken.
>
> No you’re right, it makes it a crappier version of Halo.

Every Halo has been worst then the one before it.

BR makes a crappier Halo.
Bullet Spread makes a crappier Halo
Unbalanced Sandbox makes a crappier Halo

Make the sandbox balance should be the FIRST thing they even consider adding.

Firstly, stop feeding them or just let the thread fall off, pretty simple gentlemen.

Secondly, COD took their inspriration/ideas from halo as far as modern FPS’s (anything less than 16-bit, is kinda garbage, except for Goldeneye, IMHO)shoot! THEY ALL DID!

How many FPS’s have you played and said to yourself, i wish this played like halo? For me, all of them.

So to say it is turning into itself is a pointless arguement. You know, alot of the people who worked on the specific halo games that everyone loved, are now with 343i. They followed halo and i think they arent going to let us down.

The negative threads, hostile negotiation threads, and down-right fecal smearing threads need to end, how can you call yourself halo fans?

If at all we need to come together as a community, and write down everything that we want/wish for this game, and when it is actually played, then make suggestions to remedy the communities majority vote on serious issues for possible fixes. We must end these divisions and petty squabbles, knitpicking suggestions on things that have yet to be revealed.

Then and only then spartans, will words have any meaning at all.