Halo IV-2?

What if Halo: Xbox One isn’t Halo 5 like we’ve been expecting? What if it is a direct numbered sequel to Halo 4?

Maybe 343 doesn’t want to release Halo 5 so early in the life Cycle of Xbox One. A numbered sequel is a great way to get people interested in the series and sell more consoles before releasing Halo 5. I’m sure they want Halo 5 to be the best game in the series and sell a record number of copies. Let’s face it, not a lot of people are going to have new consoles right away, especially not at $500.

Storyline-wise, it kind of makes sense. Halo 4 left a few loose ends. We don’t know what happened to the Diadect. Cortana “died”, but only kind of. In the trailer, John is obviously searching for Cortana (Halo 4: Quest for Cortana?) Halo 4 part 2 could be John’s quest to find her. Then there are obviously the loose ends in spartan ops with Halsey and the composer… Where are the promethean knights now? A direct sequel could help tie up these things before moving onto a new story in Halo 5.

I’m not saying it’s likely, but just something to consider.

I dunno about the “Search for Cortana” part, since there is no logical way that she could come back, with the Composer destroyed, Requiem incinerated and all traces of her personality obliterated by a nuke.

Other tan that, it could be a Spin-off interquel between 4 and 5, and since the Didact is obviously alive… who knows where we will go.

Considering the fact it includes multi-player and campaign, I’d assume it’s Halo 5. If it wasn’t, I wouldn’t exactly call it trilogy.

My biggest problem is, if it was Halo 5, why wouldn’t they just come out and call it Halo 5? There’s no need to include a subtitle on halo 5. That’s what makes me think they’re still trying to think of a good name for an “interquel” game.

> <mark>What if Halo: Xbox One isn’t Halo 5 like we’ve been expecting? What if it is a direct numbered sequel to Halo 4?</mark>

This sentence alone is a massive contradiction.

The trailer showed off Chief holding Cortana’s chip while on an unknown planet and he’s watching what is presumably a Forerunner sphinx rising from the ground in front of him.

Cortana is dead, the description for cutscenes & missions confirm that, we can’t search for a dead AI.

Halo on Xbox One will be taking place after Halo 4 and will feature the Master Chief as a part of the Reclaimer Saga. It will be Halo 5, although it may not be titled ‘Halo 5’.

halo 4.2 makes sense.

If it’s not “Halo 5”, then Halo 6 is effectively Halo 7.

Pointless.

Using typical numbering schemes is soooooo Playstation, Microsoft is better than that! The sequel to Halo 4 will be called Halo 4 360, obviously. In fact, they’ll make a second sequel to it as well, and call it Halo 4 One, ending the Halo 4 trilogy and allowing us to move on to Halo 5.

I wouldn’t even care of it was just called ‘Halo’.

Just because it doesn’t follow a direct number as of at the moment, its still presumably the next title in the trilogy so it will still be ‘Halo 5’.

I highly doubt this is a spin off or expansion of the series like ODST and Spartan Ops.

There are 7 big Halo games and each time when there is Master Chief involved it is direct continuation with number in title. If there’s Master Chief it will be Halo 5.

In terms of campaign Halo 4 was very similar to Halo CE. From crash landing on alien world to ancient evil mystery from the underground I felt like I was playing Halo CE all over again. Except that I actually played through Halo CE many times (2 or 3 times on PC, 2 times on Xbox and 4 times in Anniversary), so it wasn’t that spectacular. However it was clearly start of new trilogy and now there will be middle part. I have nothing against if it was more like Halo 2, with battles on Earth, but this time on more epic scale. I’m not buying all that mourning over Cortana stuff, so I hope this part of plot will be minimum.

In multiplayer I have nothing against if it was to Halo 4, what Halo 3 was to Halo 2, because I really like Halo 4 multiplayer. However if we’re going to see something revolutionary to console fps formula (like Goldeneye or Halo or CoD 4) it would be even better.

[deleted]

So after alllll this hype, all we’re getting is Halo 42? Typical 343i!

I’m still calling Halo 2 Anniversary.

> I dunno about the “Search for Cortana” part, since there is no logical way that she could come back, with the Composer destroyed, Requiem incinerated and all traces of her personality obliterated by a nuke.

“Could you sacrifice me to complete your mission? Could you watch me die?” - Moment in the level Sierra 117.

> > <mark>What if Halo: Xbox One isn’t Halo 5 like we’ve been expecting? What if it is a direct numbered sequel to Halo 4?</mark>
>
> This sentence alone is a massive contradiction.
>
> The trailer showed off Chief holding Cortana’s chip while on an unknown planet and he’s watching what is presumably a Forerunner sphinx rising from the ground in front of him.
>
> Cortana is dead, the description for cutscenes & missions confirm that, we can’t search for a dead AI.
>
> Halo on Xbox One will be taking place after Halo 4 and will feature the Master Chief as a part of the Reclaimer Saga. It will be Halo 5, although it may not be titled ‘Halo 5’.

Could be like Half-Life 2 Episode 1 and 2

Well, Cortana isn’t necessarily dead. She is based on Halsey, and let’s not forget that Mendicant Bias is locked in his tomb, until such a time as he is needed. Perhaps he will somehow help Chief find a way to bring Cortana back, perhaps there are still ways to access The Domain. Maybe she can be brought back because of The Domain or something like that.

I’m curious as to where Chief was in that trailer.

> > I dunno about the “Search for Cortana” part, since there is no logical way that she could come back, with the Composer destroyed, Requiem incinerated and all traces of her personality obliterated by a nuke.
>
> “Could you sacrifice me to complete your mission? Could you watch me die?” - Moment in the level Sierra 117.

Well, it seems that goes both ways, because she did sacrifice herself to complete the misión, and to not whatch John die.

And yes, she’s basically dead, as the Domain is well, also dead. And asCortana herself said, they could make another model of Cortana, but it will not be her.

> > > I dunno about the “Search for Cortana” part, since there is no logical way that she could come back, with the Composer destroyed, Requiem incinerated and all traces of her personality obliterated by a nuke.
> >
> > “Could you sacrifice me to complete your mission? Could you watch me die?” - Moment in the level Sierra 117.
>
> Well, it seems that goes both ways, because she did sacrifice herself to complete the misión, and to not whatch John die.
>
> And yes, she’s basically dead, as the Domain is well, also dead. And asCortana herself said, they could make another model of Cortana, but it will not be her.

Without Halsey, that’s impossible, I don’t want Cortana to return

I would be down for another ODST.

> So after alllll this hype, all we’re getting is Halo 42? Typical 343i!
>
> I’m still calling Halo 2 Anniversary.

Confirmed that the new Halo game is the meaning of life.

^ I hope that’s a troll comment.