Halo isn't on top yet. Don't get too excited.

I’ve seen a bunch of people say thing like “Halo has reclaimed the top spot again”, or “Call of Duty has been dethroned!”.

The truth is that none of that is happening yet and its likely to not happen.

We judge what game is on top of everything based on population, and how many UUs are playing it.

For the past 3 years, a CoD title has been in the top spot of retail games.

MW2 was top for 1 year until Black Ops, Black Ops until MW3, and MW3 has been number one for a year.

*Now before you say: “Minecraft is number one on Xbox now!”, that’s an arcade title. I’m referring to 60 dollar full retail games.

It seems that a lot of people are starting to get blinded by reviews and such because ever since 3:01 AM, I’ve seen so many off base claims saying that Halo is now the king.

Halo 4 has a GREAT chance to compete for the top XBOX spot when it comes to having more people playing it, but don’t count Black Ops 2 out yet. There are Xbox owners who HATE Halo because they aren’t used to its style of combat. There a thousands who don’t like the campaign, and there are thousands who sold Halo Rreach back to get Black Ops when they realized that it just wasn’t CoD.

I hope Halo 4 does good, but I think it’s time you guys get a bit more realistic.

Do you honestly think a Halo game will be able to stop CoD? If there is any game that has a better chance it to beat it, it has to be a brand new IP: something that nobody has played yet, and turns out to be AMAZING. Halo is already hated by a bunch of players, and because of how bad Reach did in an attempt to beat out Black Ops 1, I doubt 4 will do any better.

EDIT: Even with all the great scores, Halo 4 still has a lower Metacritic than MW2.

I believe that Black Ops II broke the record for most pre orders, so I thought this was common knowledge. I suppose not, Cod will most likely have to die off before a new king emerges

You think after the amazing score Halo 4 has got Black ops 2 is going to be able to compete, oh wow yeah same graphics and gameplay lets give it 10/10 because of it’s use of ancient software, I don’t think so some how COD is going down this year, Halo is taking the top spot

> I believe that Black Ops II broke the record for most pre orders, so I thought this was common knowledge. I suppose not, Cod will most likely have to die off before a new king emerges

It’s common knowledge for CoD players such as myself, as well as a lot of other gamers, but there is still a bunch of people who think that it’s not true.

Hey now, dont be hating on Minecraft lol

> You think after the amazing score Halo 4 has got Black ops 2 is going to be able to compete, oh wow yeah same graphics and gameplay lets give it 10/10 because of it’s use of ancient software, I don’t think so some how COD is going down this year, Halo is taking the top spot

Black Ops 2 has more XBOX pre-orders
Black Ops 2 is the most pre ordered game in the history of video games

How will it fail?

> You think after the amazing score Halo 4 has got Black ops 2 is going to be able to compete, oh wow yeah same graphics and gameplay lets give it 10/10 because of it’s use of ancient software, I don’t think so some how COD is going down this year, Halo is taking the top spot

It’s laughable to think that Black Ops II won’t get the same type of reviews, if not better. It’s a mainstream game, it will get the same reviews or better simply because of hype.

I’d be shocked if Halo beat out CoD.

Halo 4 will be doing good if it can stay behind only one CoD game instead of multiple CoD games, but honestly, if they don’t add any sort of ranked system, I think that the player base will drop off like it did with Reach and Halo will be sitting behind a bunch of CoD games again.

> Hey now, dont be hating on Minecraft lol

I hate Minecraft, but I’m not actually hating on it right now. I was just using it as an example. Major Nelson shouldn’t have placed it with retail titles in his last activity chart.

Metacritic stuff is because of time has changed. Halo 1 got so great score because of the time it came out. Nowaday, gaming standard became much higher.
Go to other forum and how many people hate MW3. It’s worse than Reach.
All I am saying is nothing lasts forever, and only time will tell.

> I’d be shocked if Halo beat out CoD.
>
> Halo 4 will be doing good if it can stay behind only one CoD game instead of multiple CoD games, but honestly, if they don’t add any sort of ranked system, I think that the player base will drop off like it did with Reach and Halo will be sitting behind a bunch of CoD games again.

You’re exactly right on the first part. Halo 4 will most certainly beat out MW2, Black Ops 2, and possibly MW3, and hold the 2nd spot, but Black Ops 2… it’s hard to imagine.

“Don’t get too excited”

Too late.

lol.

As a halo player, everytime I play CoD It seems like a half -Yoinked!- rushed game. The animations are badly done, the graphics are -Yoink-, and the gun sandbox is so messed up and off balance. and yet more people prefer it. I don’t understand it.

And eventually COD players will get tired of buying the same thing every year.

Fanboys gonna fanboy.

The same people blindly accepting whatever 343 hands them are the same people who will take every positive review as “proof” of Halo 4 being a gift of God, while bashing every negative review for ignorance.

> > You think after the amazing score Halo 4 has got Black ops 2 is going to be able to compete, oh wow yeah same graphics and gameplay lets give it 10/10 because of it’s use of ancient software, I don’t think so some how COD is going down this year, Halo is taking the top spot
>
> Black Ops 2 has more XBOX pre-orders
> Black Ops 2 is the most pre ordered game in the history of video games
>
> How will it fail?

Just because a game has the most of amount of pre-orders on xbox and in history means jack! Your argument is invalid

> Metacritic stuff is because of time has changed. Halo 1 got so great score because of the time it came out. Nowaday, gaming standard became much higher.
> Go to other forum and how many people hate MW3. It’s worse than Reach.
> All I am saying is nothing lasts forever, and only time will tell.

What MW3 are you hearing about? The same MW3 that’s been the most played FPS on all platforms ever sine November of last year? **FORUMS DON’T VOICE THE WHOLE COMMUNITY.**Every gaming forum makes up less than 15% of the total playerbase of a game. MW3 was not worse than Reach.

that is what they said about gears 3, look where it is now…

> I’d be shocked if Halo beat out CoD.
>
> Halo 4 will be doing good if it can stay behind only one CoD game instead of multiple CoD games, but honestly, if they don’t add any sort of ranked system, I think that the player base will drop off like it did with Reach and Halo will be sitting behind a bunch of CoD games again.

A “behind the scenes” ranking system has already been confirmed for Halo 4

> > > You think after the amazing score Halo 4 has got Black ops 2 is going to be able to compete, oh wow yeah same graphics and gameplay lets give it 10/10 because of it’s use of ancient software, I don’t think so some how COD is going down this year, Halo is taking the top spot
> >
> > Black Ops 2 has more XBOX pre-orders
> > Black Ops 2 is the most pre ordered game in the history of video games
> >
> > How will it fail?
>
> Just because a game has the most of amount of pre-orders on xbox and in history means jack! Your argument is invalid

I don’t have an argument because my statement is a fact.

THE KING OF XBOX= most played game on the console.

Black Ops 2 already has more XBOX pre-orders, and is likely to sell more than Halo 4 on the XBOX. If BO2 is played more, how is it not the reigning king of xbox?

checks previous posts. sees your a cod fanboy
realizes your not worth my time.