Halo is turning into Call of Duty

It bums me out that the multiplayer game play has become so fast paced. The devs need to add more hit points to the players, or less bullet damage, or something because this game is starting to mimic COD and I hate that. Halo multiplayer was never about how fast you could kill your opponent. It was about how fast your team could kill an opponent. The game used to have more strategy involved and less point, shoot, kill, move on. I had the privilege of playing all the beta flights and this is pretty much the only thing I’m disappointed with.

I begged my parents for an xbox when Halo 1 came out. Since then it’s been one of my favorite game series of all time. But this time around they may lose a diehard fan. If I’m going to basically be playing call of duty, I might as well just buy call of duty and not even worry about purchasing Halo 6. Is anyone else noticing this change? Does it bother anyone?

Time to kill is just one factor of gameplay, and while it’s faster in Infinite compared to some previous Halo games, with some guns more noticeably, it’s still across the board slower than call of duty. Mostly time to kill is similar to previous games, in fact the BR had an identical optimal TTK as the H3 BR. The game just doesn’t play like a cod game, at all, except for the similarity of point and shoot. So no, I don’t think the game is becoming like call of duty, at all.

However, there are people who feel like the gameplay does need to be slowed down some, and while I don’t necessarily fully agree, I see where they’re coming from.

First thing that’s called TTK - Time to Kill

Next thing. Halo is the furthest thing from a COD game. There is no resemblance at all. It’s one thing to directly compare mechanics from one game to another, but a blanket statement like that is an exaggeration. I get what you’re trying to say now though.

I knew I would hate myself for reading this.

Ok listen… even at the lowest possible ttk of a weapon in halo (which can be the commando or AR with perfect hs accuracy), it drastically is higher then cods ttk which hovers around .2 - .3 seconds (with some being quicker but im mainly considering autos). Even in the most extreme scenarios, your conclusion is wrong.

and I hate to tell ya, EVERY halo is about killing an opponent as fast as possible, especially in slayer. Cause the reality is, if you dont, you will die. Halo has been about commiting to your fight and using the tools you have to kill your opponent. The longer it takes you, the less likely it will be for you to survive. The catch though is in order for players to get the upper hands to slay efficently, they need to control weapons, map points, power ups etc.

COD has NONE of that. There is nothing external to consider, its run, aim shoot. Halos end goal is to kill the enemy player, but more variables are considered in order to do so and even in the most extreme ttk scenario, HALO doubles if not tripples the ttk needed when compared to COD (and yes, this is using Infinites ttk numbers)

> 2533275014088606;1:
> Halo is turning into Call of Duty.

Not even close.

> 2533275014088606;1:
> It bums me out that the multiplayer game play has become so fast paced. The devs need to add more hit points to the players, or less bullet damage, or something because this game is starting to mimic COD and I hate that. Halo multiplayer was never about how fast you could kill your opponent. It was about how fast your team could kill an opponent. The game used to have more strategy involved and less point, shoot, kill, move on. I had the privilege of playing all the beta flights and this is pretty much the only thing I’m disappointed with.
>
> I begged my parents for an xbox when Halo 1 came out. Since then it’s been one of my favorite game series of all time. But this time around they may lose a diehard fan. If I’m going to basically be playing call of duty, I might as well just buy call of duty and not even worry about purchasing Halo 6. Is anyone else noticing this change? Does it bother anyone?

I played also all Infinite flights and (at least for me, CoD feels way faster) it doesn’t feel like CoD. The reasons why it feels faster than previous Halo titles (i didnt play Halo 5, i can’t speak for H5) is because:

• The AR is more reliable than in H3 and Halo reach and the range is quite big (extremely strong especially on 4vs4 slayer maps) - The Sidekick and Commando has a faster TTK than the BR (if it used right → https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqki-lRVWYE and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i3hp-sKRJ4 for comparison the BR TTK https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhQGAqecr2k) - The Strafe speed feels faster than in the legacy Halo’s, tbh that makes the gunplay sometimes more hectic than fast TTK weaponsAt least for me, it didn’t felt like a CoD, but i wouldn’t mind it to reduce the strafe speed a tiny bit and reduce the long-range accuracy from the AR a bit.

Halo was closer to COD in 4 than it is in Infinite. I don’t think the TTK is too much different than in previous games.

Infinite feels nothing like Call of Duty.

If you think halo infinte is turing into cod then play halo 5 and see what was actually a cod game.

Halo’s multiplayer was always about how fast you could kill you opponent. That is why BxR and BxB was used so heavily in Halo 2. Strategy in Halo still wins over pure aim still. If anything it is getting closer to Doom where you have tools to use for your preferred way of playing. The TTK isn’t relatable however the tank walking killing machine side is. That is what Spartans are designed for if missions go wrong.

The TTK is definitely way too fast when compared to other Halo games. I noticed it right away during the flights. I hope 343 fixes it before release.

Guys trolling. It’s their first post and they haven’t even played mcc or anything other than 5 to test ttk if that’s their argument.

I must not have played the same Flight as you, then. While I agree that the TTK should be lower on specific weapons, Halo Infinite played nothing like a “Call of Duty” release.

> 2533275014088606;1:
> It bums me out that the multiplayer game play has become so fast paced. The devs need to add more hit points to the players, or less bullet damage, or something because this game is starting to mimic COD and I hate that. Halo multiplayer was never about how fast you could kill your opponent. It was about how fast your team could kill an opponent. The game used to have more strategy involved and less point, shoot, kill, move on. I had the privilege of playing all the beta flights and this is pretty much the only thing I’m disappointed with.
>
> I begged my parents for an xbox when Halo 1 came out. Since then it’s been one of my favorite game series of all time. But this time around they may lose a diehard fan. If I’m going to basically be playing call of duty, I might as well just buy call of duty and not even worry about purchasing Halo 6. Is anyone else noticing this change? Does it bother anyone?

Did you even play Halo 4? Halo infinite is nothing like CoD. The only issue is the TTK which is probably fixed by now.

I don’t feel that has ever been comparable to COD.

In every Halo there is always awkward ways to move around the map than just run and gun. And the TTK has always been longer. In COD, a marksman rifle is 2 head shots. That’s not the case for the DMR or the BR.

The movement in Halo has always felt like you were in space. In COD it feels like you’re a human with gravity playing a big part. Even in the way the characters turn around and raise weapons, there is a discernable difference.

In the right circumstances, every Halo game has a low TTK.

You are exposed, one or more enemies are shooting at you - and cover is too far away. You’re dead within two seconds. That’s probably true for all Halo games and Infinite is no exception.
Who your opponents are is also a factor. Playing against an organized team can make even Halo CE feel like a cod game.

> 2533275014088606;1:
>

This “iT’s JuSt CaLl Of DuTy” criticism is one of the laziest observations in video game history. There are other FPS games that have been unique and revolutionary in their own right, are you aware of that? Maybe come up with a more nuanced argument instead of blindly likening the game to COD when it’s fundamentally nothing like it

I made the same arguement for Halo 5, and I regret it since it means nothing.

and there is still team wor involved, I have played in the flight and there are times I would see the enemy team group up to defend while we try to take them down. It still has that team aspect to it.

even if it turns like call of duty, i wont play call of duty

> 2533275014088606;1:
>

have you ever played any COD game?
they play nothing alike, lol. not even close.