Halo is supposed to be an ARENA SHOOTER.

Halo 4 is the farthest thing from it. THAT is why people hate on it. Just use your mic online, say the game sucks, and everyone will agree. They play it for the love of Halo, not because its a good game. Everyone WANTS it to be good so bad that they cant accept that its just not. I would bet everything I own that if the box didnt say “Halo” that it would be considered a laughable attempt at online multiplayer.

I am not just some random Hater. I have loved Halo since CE, and continue to love and play the original trilogy to this day. But its time for everyone to accept that the best days of Halo are in the past, and they will NOT be coming back. 343 has done what everyone predicted, and succumbed to the casuals. Casual gamers are a disease, and because they dont possess the basic coordination required to kill someone without being given any random power weapon for practically nothing, they would not buy or play the game if it were any other way.

So 343 did what they had to, they made the game a watered down casual friendly version of what it should have been.

This thread will be locked.

I agree.

> Halo 4 is the farthest thing from it. THAT is why people hate on it. Just use your mic online, say the game sucks, and everyone will agree. They play it for the love of Halo, not because its a good game. Everyone WANTS it to be good so bad that they cant accept that its just not. I would bet everything I own that if the box didnt say “Halo” that it would be considered a laughable attempt at online multiplayer.
>
> I am not just some random Hater. I have loved Halo since CE, and continue to love and play the original trilogy to this day. But its time for everyone to accept that the best days of Halo are in the past, and they will NOT be coming back. 343 has done what everyone predicted, and succumbed to the casuals. Casual gamers are a disease, and because they dont possess the basic coordination required to kill someone without being given any random power weapon for practically nothing, they would not buy or play the game if it were any other way.
>
> So 343 did what they had to, they made the game a watered down casual friendly version of what it should have been.

Basically.

Read your post, don’t agree.

Times change man, and games have to change with the times in small ways or big ways to stay afloat. If this game catered only, and I mean ONLY, hardcore shooter people who have to use their scorecards to measure their ego or so (Which I seem to run into a lot of despite the fact that I am not great Halo/shooter player material), then I guess there would be a drastically larger number of used copies being traded in to Gamestops the country over and eventually the game would become one of the biggest commercial flops in history. And by flop I mean Kingdom Of Amalur: Reckoning black hole kind of flop.

And also, all that post seems to be is a long winded attempt at saying you hate the assist system and personal ordinance. So they give people a chance in a team based game that has shields and such who don’t get the last shot on a guy some points to give them a weapon to help them GET those last shots on a guy. Adapt. Deal with it.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. This includes stat-flaming.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Let me guess, you’re mad because your KD sucks

Yep.

> Read your post, don’t agree.
>
> Times change man, and games have to change with the times in small ways or big ways to stay afloat. If this game catered only, and I mean ONLY, hardcore shooter people who have to use their scorecards to measure their ego or so (Which I seem to run into a lot of despite the fact that I am not great Halo/shooter player material), then I guess there would be a drastically larger number of used copies being traded in to Gamestops the country over and eventually the game would become one of the biggest commercial flops in history. And by flop I mean Kingdom Of Amalur: Reckoning black hole kind of flop.
>
> And also, all that post seems to be is a long winded attempt at saying you hate the assist system and personal ordinance. So they give people a chance in a team based game that has shields and such who don’t get the last shot on a guy some points to give them a weapon to help them GET those last shots on a guy. Adapt. Deal with it.

Hey (random) NFL players, you guys have spent time and effort getting better than any other team. So we decided to give them spears and you guys have to be in wheelchairs for the whole game.

Adapt.

I’m having fun on the game, I haven’t had a “my -Yoink!- hurts because of the game lacking this feature” moment yet. It’s a progressive step forward for the Halo series. It just needs refined, it’s a great first outing for 343i. If this had been my first game on releae, it would of had a lot less fun and a lot more glitches. The fun is there, just because it’s not the Halo you remember, doesn’t mean it’s a terrible game, it’s just not for you. Halo 3 and Reach still have people playing it, go back to those games if you enjoyed them so much. I know I still go back to those games every once and a while and they always bring a smile to my face. I enjoy 4 not becaue I want it to be a good game, but because it is a good game, just because they didn’t design the game specifically for you, doesn’t mean it’s bad for everyone.

>

My KD is 2.1

This game is -Yoinking!- boring, and a blemish on the Halo series. THAT is what has pissed me off.

You realize casual gamers are what fund this right? The sheer number of threads from “hardcore” gamers complaining about bumping up against the SR70 limit is evidence of that.

> > Read your post, don’t agree.
> >
> > Times change man, and games have to change with the times in small ways or big ways to stay afloat. If this game catered only, and I mean ONLY, hardcore shooter people who have to use their scorecards to measure their ego or so (Which I seem to run into a lot of despite the fact that I am not great Halo/shooter player material), then I guess there would be a drastically larger number of used copies being traded in to Gamestops the country over and eventually the game would become one of the biggest commercial flops in history. And by flop I mean Kingdom Of Amalur: Reckoning black hole kind of flop.
> >
> > And also, all that post seems to be is a long winded attempt at saying you hate the assist system and personal ordinance. So they give people a chance in a team based game that has shields and such who don’t get the last shot on a guy some points to give them a weapon to help them GET those last shots on a guy. Adapt. Deal with it.
>
> Hey (random) NFL players, you guys have spent time and effort getting better than any other team. So we decided to give them spears and you guys have to be in wheelchairs for the whole game.
>
> Adapt.

This just reinforces my argument that I was right about why you made this thread.

Games are made to be enjoyable entertainment in some way or another. If you make a game incredibly challenging and not enjoyable in any way, then it’s not really entertainment. At that point it would be the equivalent of a Uwe Bowel(did I spell that right?) film, hard to sit through and is more like punishment.

> You realize casual gamers are what fund this right? The sheer number of threads from “hardcore” gamers complaining about bumping up against the SR70 limit is evidence of that.

Obviously I understand that. I made that point abundantly clear in the OP. Regardless, they have ruined gaming. The entire industry. EVERY release is a casual friendly coin toss kinda game.

> Read your post, don’t agree.
>
> Times change man, and games have to change with the times in small ways or big ways to stay afloat. If this game catered only, and I mean ONLY, hardcore shooter people who have to use their scorecards to measure their ego or so (Which I seem to run into a lot of despite the fact that I am not great Halo/shooter player material), then I guess there would be a drastically larger number of used copies being traded in to Gamestops the country over and eventually the game would become one of the biggest commercial flops in history. And by flop I mean Kingdom Of Amalur: Reckoning black hole kind of flop.
>
> And also, all that post seems to be is a long winded attempt at saying you hate the assist system and personal ordinance. So they give people a chance in a team based game that has shields and such who don’t get the last shot on a guy some points to give them a weapon to help them GET those last shots on a guy. Adapt. Deal with it.

No, times have not changed. Halo never catered to any single type of gamer. Halo 1, 2, 3 all have/had a good representation of casuals. That was its beauty. From Halo 3 to Reach we saw the biggest change in Halo’s direction. What warranted that massive change, I don’t know. I definitely know Call of Duty doesn’t need to change. Yet I still believe we can all accept some change, but no drastic change that changes the heart of the game.

In all honesty, what would have become of the Halo series if Bungie had decided to take Halo 3’s direction one step farther. What if Halo Reach was Halo 3.5. I think it would be the coolest thing ever. But again, i’m not closed to change. Halo needed realistic, rationalized change. Here’s a link to a thread I have. Visit the second page and search for a post that has to do with an alternative approach to making a new Halo: Here

My first foray into Halo was when HALO:Reach came out. Comparing that to HALO 4’s multiplayer, I don’t see much difference. If anything it feels more refined and I’m having a blast, especially with Dominion mode.

/shrug

> > > Read your post, don’t agree.
> > >
> > > Times change man, and games have to change with the times in small ways or big ways to stay afloat. If this game catered only, and I mean ONLY, hardcore shooter people who have to use their scorecards to measure their ego or so (Which I seem to run into a lot of despite the fact that I am not great Halo/shooter player material), then I guess there would be a drastically larger number of used copies being traded in to Gamestops the country over and eventually the game would become one of the biggest commercial flops in history. And by flop I mean Kingdom Of Amalur: Reckoning black hole kind of flop.
> > >
> > > And also, all that post seems to be is a long winded attempt at saying you hate the assist system and personal ordinance. So they give people a chance in a team based game that has shields and such who don’t get the last shot on a guy some points to give them a weapon to help them GET those last shots on a guy. Adapt. Deal with it.
> >
> > Hey (random) NFL players, you guys have spent time and effort getting better than any other team. So we decided to give them spears and you guys have to be in wheelchairs for the whole game.
> >
> > Adapt.
>
> This just reinforces my argument that I was right about why you made this thread.
>
> Games are made to be enjoyable entertainment in some way or another. If you make a game incredibly challenging and not enjoyable in any way, then it’s not really entertainment. At that point it would be the equivalent of a Uwe Bowel(did I spell that right?) film, hard to sit through and is more like punishment.

Im not saying it needs to be incredibly challenging, I only want to see the more skilled player win every single time. Thats the point of a game. There is a winner, and a loser. If those terms lose meaning, than why play at all? Why keep score? Why even shoot eachother? -Yoink- it, lets play nursery rhymes Halo. Thats the path its on.

Compare the playerbase size of Quake or Tribes to Call of Duty.

Casual games make more sales. Not that casual gaming is necessarily a bad thing, it is sad to see the old ones go though.

> I don’t see much difference

This is why:

> My first foray into Halo was when HALO:Reach came out.

People who tell others to “adapt” really don’t understand what has been going on through these past couple of Halo games. There really should not be very much adapting to do when playing the same title. If they stick to the same floor plan with each game nobody would be complaining like they are. I do not have to adapt, I’m pretty good at this game to say the least but that does not mean I think it is a good game. If I’m good at the game that means I HAVE adapted, but adapted really isn’t the correct word. A better word would be “settle” I find myself settling for what BS Reach and 4 are throwing at me a lot more than I did with any other Halo title.

> > You realize casual gamers are what fund this right? The sheer number of threads from “hardcore” gamers complaining about bumping up against the SR70 limit is evidence of that.
>
> Obviously I understand that. I made that point abundantly clear in the OP. Regardless, they have ruined gaming. The entire industry. EVERY release is a casual friendly coin toss kinda game.

So then you admit it’s not 343’s fault. What is this argument about again?

> > > Read your post, don’t agree.
> > >
> > > Times change man, and games have to change with the times in small ways or big ways to stay afloat. If this game catered only, and I mean ONLY, hardcore shooter people who have to use their scorecards to measure their ego or so (Which I seem to run into a lot of despite the fact that I am not great Halo/shooter player material), then I guess there would be a drastically larger number of used copies being traded in to Gamestops the country over and eventually the game would become one of the biggest commercial flops in history. And by flop I mean Kingdom Of Amalur: Reckoning black hole kind of flop.
> > >
> > > And also, all that post seems to be is a long winded attempt at saying you hate the assist system and personal ordinance. So they give people a chance in a team based game that has shields and such who don’t get the last shot on a guy some points to give them a weapon to help them GET those last shots on a guy. Adapt. Deal with it.
> >
> > Hey (random) NFL players, you guys have spent time and effort getting better than any other team. So we decided to give them spears and you guys have to be in wheelchairs for the whole game.
> >
> > Adapt.
>
> This just reinforces my argument that I was right about why you made this thread.
>
> Games are made to be enjoyable entertainment in some way or another. If you make a game incredibly challenging and not enjoyable in any way, then it’s not really entertainment. At that point it would be the equivalent of a Uwe Bowel(did I spell that right?) film, hard to sit through and is more like punishment.

It’s not about challenging or not challenging, although that is something competitive players share. It’s about fairness. Balance is fun. FPS games thrive on balance.