Halo is Now Officially 20 Years Old. Happy Birthday!

It is 1am here in the UK on the 15th, making the Halo franchise officially 20 years old. It has joined the likes of Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings which are also 20 years old this year.

When Halo: Combat Evolved came out on this day 20 years ago, nobody could have foreseen what it would become today. One game with a fairly troubled development history managed to create 5 sequels, a prequel, a sidestory, multiple spin-off’s, and a whole boatload of other media such as novels, comic books, audiobooks, films, anime shorts, and so much more.

Multiple competing video games tried to knock Halo off the throne in the early 2000’s with each hoping to become the “Halo killer”, and while some have risen to Halo’s level in terms of popularity, they never managed to kill it. The series persevered.

Happy birthday, Halo. Here’s to another 20 years :beers:

22 Likes

Happy Birthday Halo (‾◡◝)

On a side note - does anyone else remember when Haze was supposed to be the Halo killer? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

5 Likes

Amazing!
Do you think it will survive another 20? :vulcan_salute: :purple_heart::o:

2 Likes

Happy birthday halo!

2 Likes

Happy Birthday Halo :slight_smile:

1 Like

I most certainly do. To be quite honest, I think that’s all Haze is remembered for these days, lol. It’s not a game title that crops up often, and when it does, “Halo killer” is normally brought up as well :sweat_smile:

I really do hope so, mate. 343i have said that they have the next 10 years planned, which isn’t really that long in game development terms when you think about it, so I hope they have another 10 years planned after that. There is so much lore they could create a video game about.

1 Like

Happy Birthday to my fav game franchise. Keep up the great work :).

1 Like

Happy birthday Xbox
It’s Halo time :triumph::triumph:

1 Like

Dang, after the Infinite era we’ll already be halfway. That’s crazy to thing about.
And the Halo 5 era has been over a forth of Halo’s lifetime :exploding_head::exploding_head:.
Long live Halo.

1 Like

I was 20 when Halo first came out. Still love it to this day.

2 Likes

I can’t believe it.
Halo is now 20 years old.
All the memories shared throughout this time period.
All the dead bodies littered throughout Installation 04.
All those moments with Chief, Cortana, Johnson, Miranda, Jacob, Arbiter, Buck, Dare, Mickey, Dutch, Romeo, Rookie, Rtas, Hood, Laskey, Palmer, Jerome, Cutter, and many, many more.
Happy Birthday Halo.
Happy Damn Birthday.

2 Likes

Happy birthday Halo! I wouldn’t be where I am today without it 🥲

2 Likes

It’s crazy to think the franchise is 20 years old. So many memories and emotions tied up in the series and what better way to celebrate it than hopefully playing a stellar Halo Infinite either later on today or in December.

2 Likes

Happy birthday Halo!

2 Likes

The past 20 years have certainly been a rollercoaster of emotions, there’s no doubt about that. Suprise, shock, sadness, happiness, I can’t recall a franchise that has run me through the emotional mill more than Halo :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I started Halo in the faint years of 2008, I was introduced to Combat Evolved, 2, and 3. This game series has evolved combat and the gaming industry, and so far, has evolved myself as a person. I wouldn’t have it any other way. Happy 20 Years, Halo.

3 Likes

Happy Birthday Halo!
Happy Birthday Xbox!

1 Like

Lord of the rings is nearing like one hundred years in 16 years I believe, if you mean the movies then alright👍

But yes happy 20th halo

1 Like

Happy birthday Halo!

1 Like