Halo is not going downhill.

Before I speak, I would like to say, that I do not speak for bugs/glitches/errors For they are a different story.

Halo Is not going downhill, But it is not going uphill either. Things have to change, and regardless of how good the changes may be, some people are guarantee to not like it. So, I don’t think people need to say halo is dead because they have lost interest, or their personal preferences are gone. It is still alive and well. I personally like what halo is becoming, and y’all are not going to change my opinion. But this is just what I believe.

(Note: This is an opinion, If you don’t like it, that is your problem, but you cannot tell me what I think is wrong.)

<mark>Moderator edit: locked at OP’s request.</mark>

You can’t go downhill when you’re in a ditch.

> 2533274814585467;3:
> Well, Not everyone would think it is in a ditch, and you are clearly just one of those people looking for things to post on just what you did.

Halo 3 had 400,000 players a year after release.
Halo 4 had 10,000.

That’s my definition of a ditch.

> 2533274913936758;4:
> > 2533274814585467;3:
> > Well, Not everyone would think it is in a ditch, and you are clearly just one of those people looking for things to post on just what you did.
>
>
> Halo 3 had 400,000 players a year after release.
> Halo 4 had 10,000.
>
> That’s my definition of a ditch.

yup very one has to abandon halo know give up its a lost cause… Seriously dude get over yourself, you’re Just upset because you people were proven wrong about sprint.
Forget everything 343 said all the good they are trying to do not to mention that the beta was pretty successful. Yup lost cause lol

There are good things about 5 compared to 4 (not that was really difficult mind) but there’s some couple of things I want them to address before we could go about claiming this “343’s Halo 2”.

> 2533274796029854;5:
> > 2533274913936758;4:
> > > 2533274814585467;3:
> > > Well, Not everyone would think it is in a ditch, and you are clearly just one of those people looking for things to post on just what you did.
> >
> >
> >
> > Halo 3 had 400,000 players a year after release.
> > Halo 4 had 10,000.
> >
> > That’s my definition of a ditch.
>
>
> yup very one has to abandon halo know give up its a lost cause… Seriously dude get over yourself, you’re Just upset because you people were proven wrong about sprint.
> Forget everything 343 said all the good they are trying to do not to mention that the beta was pretty successful. Yup lost cause lol

It’s not a lost cause nor are we upset, but funny how you didn’t say anything about the populace numbers.

> 2533274796029854;5:
> > 2533274913936758;4:
> > > Well, Not everyone would think it is in a ditch, and you are clearly just one of those people looking for things to post on just what you did.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Halo 3 had 400,000 players a year after release.
> > Halo 4 had 10,000.
> >
> > That’s my definition of a ditch.
>
>
>
>
> yup very one has to abandon halo know give up its a lost cause… Seriously dude get over yourself, you’re Just upset because you people were proven wrong about sprint.
> Forget everything 343 said all the good they are trying to do not to mention that the beta was pretty successful. Yup lost cause lol

I’m really sick of you following me around like a puppy telling me to get lost because you don’t like my opinions. Lay off or come up with an argument.

http://www.polljunkie.com/poll/mopytw/sprint-and-halo/view

Can’t go deeper than the ground. Halo 4 put it in the ground. At this point they are digging for the core

Halo 3 is when halo started going downhill and FPS players moved on to games like battlefield and cod. Reach and 4 (I loved both of them) only made thing worse for the remaining halo fans. Halo 5 is Halo last chance at making it big again. As of right now I love what they are doing. Hopefully they can get close to Halo 2 as it still the best halo multiplayer game.

I have been with halo since the beginning, and I did not like all changes myself, I hated the control schemes in halo 3 , I hated the equipment in halo 3, I hated the lack of flood in halo 4, I hated spartan assault altogether, and I really dislike ground pound. I am not just a guy who is trying to defend halo at all costs, I am stating my opinion, and nothing else. I like some things, I hate some things. Could you not turn this into a troll thread please?

> 2533274913936758;2:
> You can’t go downhill when you’re in a ditch.

You can however rollover and die

> 2533274913936758;8:
> > 2533274796029854;5:
> > > 2533274913936758;4:
> > > > 2533274814585467;3:
> > > > Well, Not everyone would think it is in a ditch, and you are clearly just one of those people looking for things to post on just what you did.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Halo 3 had 400,000 players a year after release.
> > > Halo 4 had 10,000.
> > >
> > > That’s my definition of a ditch.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > yup very one has to abandon halo know give up its a lost cause… Seriously dude get over yourself, you’re Just upset because you people were proven wrong about sprint.
> > Forget everything 343 said all the good they are trying to do not to mention that the beta was pretty successful. Yup lost cause lol
>
>
> I’m really sick of you following me around like a puppy telling me to get lost because you don’t like my opinions. Lay off or come up with an argument.
>
> http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/8553-what-do-you-think-about-sprint-belonging-in-halo-5/
> PollJunkie.com - Invalid Poll
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8df1zCsw_w#t=34

And you keep running around with population numbers, As if they are end all be all, which its not. Halo 4 was a success to the company and business and your random number that keeps changing from 10-20k fans playing lol.

WE GET IT. You think, Halo 5 no matter what, will drop after its release with sprint being in it! Holy crap. I guess we can all wait and see what happens! If you’re right so be it, if you’re wrong, deal with it!

IMO Halo is going up. It was flat and now going up.

> 2533274808578327;7:
> > 2533274796029854;5:
> > > > 2533274814585467;3:
> > > > Well, Not everyone would think it is in a ditch, and you are clearly just one of those people looking for things to post on just what you did.
> > >
> > >
> > > SNip
>
>
> It’s not a lost cause nor are we upset, but funny how you didn’t say anything about the populace numbers.

Halo 5 Population Is unknown at this point there is no way to tell whether or not halo 5 will do better or worse then halo 4 They haven’t even started marketing it yet still little less then a year away. 343 is working on bringing population back for the MCC in the coming months, Halo 4 while not keeping its population still Out performed substantially in the sales department. if 343 is able to set most fans mind as ease fixing MCC while offering more incentive to stay with halo. As For the beta population it has more player then the halo 3 beta, and while total hours played is alot lower there are many aspect involved with this.

Still Doesn’t change the fact the halo 5 is still an unknown Halo is ding well with per-orders considering MCC.

> 2533274913936758;8:
> > 2533274796029854;5:
> > > Snip
> >
> >
> > Snip
>
>
> I’m really sick of you following me around like a puppy telling me to get lost because you don’t like my opinions. Lay off or come up with an argument.
>
> http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/8553-what-do-you-think-about-sprint-belonging-in-halo-5/
> PollJunkie.com - Invalid Poll
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8df1zCsw_w#t=34

And yet All of those site Has readily available links to the HCFP, which would lead me to believe is most users who felt strongly would with out a doubt join the HCFP, so yeah those statistics are very skewed

ALso did you see the number of those Polls they are so much smaller then the poll 343 used 19k 10k total for the sprint poll, verses 1k thats a negligible amount

> 2533274913936758;4:
> > 2533274814585467;3:
> > Well, Not everyone would think it is in a ditch, and you are clearly just one of those people looking for things to post on just what you did.
>
>
>
> Halo 3 had 400,000 players a year after release.
> Halo 4 had 10,000.
>
> That’s my definition of a ditch.

I never understood why players even care about online play count. Do you honestly think you care more about those numbers than the ppl that get paid for how well the game does? Do you own stocks?

> 2533274814585467;1:
> Before I speak, I would like to say, that I do not speak for bugs/glitches/errors For they are a different story.
>
> Halo Is not going downhill, But it is not going uphill either. Things have to change, and regardless of how good the changes may be, some people are guarantee to not like it. So, I don’t think people need to say halo is dead because they have lost interest, or their personal preferences are gone. It is still alive and well. I personally like what halo is becoming, and y’all are not going to change my opinion. But this is just what I believe.
>
> (Note: This is an opinion, If you don’t like it, that is your problem, but you cannot tell me what I think is wrong.)

Things can change like in Halo 2 and 3 rather than “modernizing.” Here’s an old list I made of changes I would like:

I want Halo to change, but not like many people think.
I want the change that was in 2 and 3. I want changes and additions that don’t change the core formula, making it feel fresh and the same simultaneously. For example, Halo 2 added dual-wielding, hijacking, the BR, etc. Halo 3 introduced ripping turrets off, more vehicles, Forge, Theater, etc. I want Halo 5 to feature new additions like that.

Maybe add AI in Forge.

Put complete control in Forgers’ hands, and allow us to create different environments (think Project Spark).

Add more customizability to Custom Games (maybe allow weapons RoF and spread modifications). Make bigger and better sandboxes in Campaign.

Have minor choices in Campaign (Think Halo: Reach. I remember one mission where you could choose to activate a comms relay or take out an AA gun. Maybe have choices like that, but add effects, like maybe one choice could change the number of enemies you fight, and one choice gives you more backup marines.).

Have large-scale battles in Campaign (like the one in the Halo: Reach prototype).

Add more weapon variety.

Add more grenades.

Bring back equipment from Halo 3.

Take out Sprint and increase movement speed and jump height (maybe 125%), as the Thruster Pack replaces Sprint, offering a speed boost to surprise the enemy (which is what Sprint should be).

Add more interactive elements in maps.

This is how Halo should change. It should not try to fit in with the crowd (those games are only popular because they have to release yearly to stay relevant because of how generic they are becoming).

> 2533274903234962;20:
> > 2533274814585467;1:
> > Before I speak, I would like to say, that I do not speak for bugs/glitches/errors For they are a different story.
> >
> > Halo Is not going downhill, But it is not going uphill either. Things have to change, and regardless of how good the changes may be, some people are guarantee to not like it. So, I don’t think people need to say halo is dead because they have lost interest, or their personal preferences are gone. It is still alive and well. I personally like what halo is becoming, and y’all are not going to change my opinion. But this is just what I believe.
> >
> > (Note: This is an opinion, If you don’t like it, that is your problem, but you cannot tell me what I think is wrong.)
>
>
> Things can change like in Halo 2 and 3 rather than “modernizing.” Here’s an old list I made of changes I would like:
>
> I want Halo to change, but not like many people think.
> I want the change that was in 2 and 3. I want changes and additions that don’t change the core formula, making it feel fresh and the same simultaneously. For example, Halo 2 added dual-wielding, hijacking, the BR, etc. Halo 3 introduced ripping turrets off, more vehicles, Forge, Theater, etc. I want Halo 5 to feature new additions like that.
>
> Maybe add AI in Forge.
>
> Put complete control in Forgers’ hands, and allow us to create different environments (think Project Spark).
>
> Add more customizability to Custom Games (maybe allow weapons RoF and spread modifications). Make bigger and better sandboxes in Campaign.
>
> Have minor choices in Campaign (Think Halo: Reach. I remember one mission where you could choose to activate a comms relay or take out an AA gun. Maybe have choices like that, but add effects, like maybe one choice could change the number of enemies you fight, and one choice gives you more backup marines.).
>
> Have large-scale battles in Campaign (like the one in the Halo: Reach prototype).
>
> Add more weapon variety.
>
> Add more grenades.
>
> Bring back equipment from Halo 3.
>
> Take out Sprint and increase movement speed and jump height (maybe 125%), as the Thruster Pack replaces Sprint, offering a speed boost to surprise the enemy (which is what Sprint should be).
>
> Add more interactive elements in maps.
>
> This is how Halo should change. It should not try to fit in with the crowd (those games are only popular because they have to release yearly to stay relevant because of how generic they are becoming).

I guess that does make perfect sense, (BTW, I have always wanted AI in forge) And now that I think of it, you are right on another topic as well, Halo was unique for standing out, not the concept itself, but still, things have to change regardless of if they like the change or not but you are right, these changes should not begin to blend in with the crowd, after all, this isn’t COD

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274814585467;3:
> Well, Not everyone would think it is in a ditch, and you are clearly just one of those people looking for things to post on just what you did.

Really? Guess you missed the previous Halo title. It was called Halo 4. I guess you missed the current Halo title. It’s called Halo: The Master Chief Collection.

Trust the same people who made those two games, and you’re sure to be sorry. It’s not debatable. It’s not in any way shape or form difficult to understand. It’s the very reason your parents told you never to take candy from a stranger. It’s common sense. It nothing less than the recognition of one pattern of extremely poor behavior. It’s in-your-face obvious what you’re in for if you choose to do business with 343i and MS again. And until The Master Chief Collection is finally delivered, exactly as it was promised, you have absolutely nothing with which you can argue these simple facts with. One would think that rather than people having to remind you of what’s currently going on, you would simply acknowledge it yourself and not be pretend that it’s not so bad. Hey, it’s your money, though. Piss it away as you please.

> 2533274814585467;23:
> > 2535471888470705;22:
> >
> >
> >
> > Really? Guess you missed the previous Halo title. It was called Halo 4. I guess you missed the current Halo title. It’s called Halo: The Master Chief Collection.
> >
> > Trust the same people who made those two games, and you’re sure to be sorry. It’s not debatable. It’s not in any way shape or form difficult to understand. It’s the very reason your parents told you never to take candy from a stranger. It’s common sense. It nothing less than the recognition of one pattern of extremely poor behavior. It’s in-your-face obvious what you’re in for if you choose to do business with 343i and MS again. And until The Master Chief Collection is finally delivered, exactly as it was promised, you have absolutely nothing with which you can argue these simple facts with. One would think that rather than people having to remind you of what’s currently going on, you would simply acknowledge it yourself and not be pretend that it’s not so bad. Hey, it’s your money, though. Piss it away as you please.
>
>
> Well, first of all, I can say what I want on these threads, Second, I never said I was going to fight back. And finally, I liked halo 4, and if you didn’t know it is rated 5 star by millions of players, and I said I would not be speaking about bugs/glitches. therefore, there is nothing gameplay wise wrong with MCC.

This entire statement is nonsense. I never said you couldn’t say what you wanted anywhere. Nobody ever fought you to give you reason to fight back. Ratings mean different things to many different people. And finally, if you remove bugs/glitches (problems) from what you will speak about, then your rating/opinion about Halo TMCC’s GAMEPLAY is 100% irrelevant. Once the bug/glitches (problems which wreck the game right now) are gone, then you can say there’s nothing wrong with its’ gameplay. Until then the gameplay is one of the top problems due to what you refuse to acknowledge.

If they fix MCC soon and deliver a fully functioning Halo 5 at launch (meaning NO missing features or crazy bugs), Halo will go uphill once again.

Not pointing any fingers but if you have lost faith in halo or think it’s gonna fail, you should really just leave and play something else.