Halo is not dying, Halo 5 looks amazing!

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Hey guys, so I recently stumbled across this video and it really made me mad. It seems like the amount of positive halo videos is outnumbered by people whining.
Like the person I watched who just rambles on and talks badly about the game
Video is here
Why is Halo Dead? Is Halo 5 to blame? | Halo MCC commentary - YouTube
People like this guy are just stupid. If Halo doesn’t try to evolve then it’s gonna die even faster than if it had stayed the same all these years. Some fans know this and 343 knows this, but then I see people blasting the series without any merit to back up their statements and it makes me upset.
Halo is not dying! And halo 5 looks like it completely dominate the market this year!
Do you guys agree with me? Are you guys excited for Halo 5?
Edit: Judging by the dislikes the video has accumulated, it would appear that most people agree with me. Keep it up guys!

I’m still waiting for Halo to evolve. All i’ve seen is emulation.

You can’t deny that people do have legitimate concerns or complaints as well. But if people are nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking that’s the problem. Halo has hit a rut and no one is denying that and people from both sides have been yelling and screaming (over exaggeration) on how it should proceed. Some people say it needs to play catch up with the way CoD and Battlefield do things and leave the past behind. others say that Halo should stay like Halo2 or halo were. Honestly I think H5 has found a good balance between modern and classic. However you can’t change someone’s mind once they have made it up and refuse to even bother to listen to reason.

> 2535435567953298;2:
> I’m still waiting for Halo to evolve. All i’ve seen is emulation.

In all honesty that’s how FPS games are nowadays. Get your base idea, take an idea from another game, improve on it. At least halo 5 does this perfectly.

I’ve seen plenty of illegitimate whining and tears, but everyone with an opinion I respect is quite excited for this installment of the franchise. 343 is saying all of the right things and Halo 5 looks like it could be a home run.

> 2533274857398125;4:
> > 2535435567953298;2:
> > I’m still waiting for Halo to evolve. All i’ve seen is emulation.
>
>
> In all honesty that’s how FPS games are nowadays. Get your base idea, take an idea from another game, improve on it. At least halo 5 does this perfectly.

There’s no such thing as an original idea any more. Even Halo: CE wasn’t completely original. It’s all about pulling from the right influences and getting the mix right.

> 2533274857398125;4:
> > 2535435567953298;2:
> > I’m still waiting for Halo to evolve. All i’ve seen is emulation.
>
>
> In all honesty that’s how FPS games are nowadays. Get your base idea, take an idea from another game, improve on it. At least halo 5 does this perfectly.

And that is why the whole genre is declining. Look at the XBL activity charts. It’s not Halo or COD reigning supreme. it’s minecraft, GTA5 and FiFa.

1. Not everyone who disagrees with you is a person whining. Don’t make generalizations like that or it makes you seem uninformed or emotionally charged.

2. Even if Halo 5 was going to be the greatest game ever made of all time, (not saying it will or it won’t be) some people will just not like it. Different people like different things (shocking) and some people just won’t like it. For example, a lot of people think Deus Ex is the greatest game ever made, but my friend hates it.

3. To say that none of the people have made points against Halo 5 that have merit is ignorant at best and a blatant lie at worst. If you think that people complaining about things like the lack of split screen or the competitive viability of the game with the inclusion of mechanics like sprint and thruster are baseless claims with no evidence or merit, then you are as ignorant as those that you deride. If you genuinely think that people are just hating on Halo 5 just because or because they hate change and want stagnation, then you might want to research a little more. Most people would agree with you in saying that stagnation is bad and that Halo needed some change. The point that those people are making is that the change given in Halo 5 changes the game too much or in the wrong way. For example, Halo 3 felt slow for many. So, 343 put in sprint. People say that instead of sprint, they should up movement speed and increase FOV for a healthier, balanced, and more competitively viable game.

My point is, logical fallacies are bad; you should avoid them.

If 343 messes this up I will never buy anything from there studio again and I would fully expect Microsoft to fire everyone who works there. No more excuses!

> 2533274846022916;1:
> Hey guys, so I recently stumbled across this video and it really made me mad. It seems like the amount of positive halo videos is outnumbered by people whining.
>
> Like the person I watched who just rambles on and talks badly about the game
>
> Video is here
>
> Why is Halo Dead? Is Halo 5 to blame? | Halo MCC commentary - YouTube
>
> People like this guy are just stupid. If Halo doesn’t try to evolve then it’s gonna die even faster than if it had stayed the same all these years. Some fans know this and 343 knows this, but then I see people blasting the series without any merit to back up their statements and it makes me upset.
>
> Halo is not dying! And halo 5 looks like it completely dominate the market this year!
>
> Do you guys agree with me? Are you guys excited for Halo 5?

You do know you’re in the exact same boat in that aspect.

Where’s your merit to back up your statement that Halo “needs to evolve” in order to survive? Where’s your merit to back up your statement that it’d die faster if it stayed the same all these years?

Let’s then look at Positive videos vs Negative videos.

Unless you’re some kind of good samaritan, how many times have you complemented the chef at a restaurant for good food? Compared to that, how likely are you to send back food that wasn’t good?

People who dislike something are more prone to provide feedback in an effort to make that something into what they like. That’s most of the time why they provide feedback. If you’re not actually involved that much to provide feedback, you either do not care enough about the subject to partake in the discussion, or you’re contempt with whatever gets released anyway.

Alternatively, imagine i343 making something close to Halo 2 or 3 for Halo 6, you’d have complaint videos about missing features and so forth. Then we’d have someone like you who makes a thread similar to this one asking why there are so many complaint threads compared to positive ones. That Halo 6 is on the right track and will most likely dominate the market, etc. Perhaps you’d complain because things you like are missing, or altered. Or you don’t care enough to bother making a thread or video, or lastly, you’re happy with whatever comes out from i343.

Lastly, there are some games with little changes over the years that still are immensely popular today, I’d say they’ve perfected what they’ve done as changes rather than bolt on whatever the developers can grab in order to make it appealing.

> 2533274840212973;8:
> 1. Not everyone who disagrees with you is a person whining. Don’t make generalizations like that or it makes you seem uninformed or emotionally charged.
>
> 2. Even if Halo 5 was going to be the greatest game ever made of all time, (not saying it will or it won’t be) some people will just not like it. Different people like different things (shocking) and some people just won’t like it. For example, a lot of people think Deus Ex is the greatest game ever made, but my friend hates it.
>
> 3. To say that none of the people have made points against Halo 5 that have merit is ignorant at best and a blatant lie at worst. If you think that people complaining about things like the lack of split screen or the competitive viability of the game with the inclusion of mechanics like sprint and thruster are baseless claims with no evidence or merit, then you are as ignorant as those that you deride. If you genuinely think that people are just hating on Halo 5 just because or because they hate change and want stagnation, then you might want to research a little more. Most people would agree with you in saying that stagnation is bad and that Halo needed some change. The point that those people are making is that the change given in Halo 5 changes the game too much or in the wrong way. For example, Halo 3 felt slow for many. So, 343 put in sprint. People say that instead of sprint, they should up movement speed and increase FOV for a healthier, balanced, and more competitively viable game.
>
> My point is, logical fallacies are bad; you should avoid them.

I’ve also noticed that people who talk badly about the game are very agressive. Such as yourself

When I watch over 20 minutes of someone bashing my favorite game, I feel the need to defend it. And a dislike isn’t quite enough

The developers are professionals. Giving my reasons for something are unnecessary because I like what the devs are doing. They can speak for me

> 2535435567953298;7:
> > 2533274857398125;4:
> > > 2535435567953298;2:
> > > I’m still waiting for Halo to evolve. All i’ve seen is emulation.
> >
> >
> > In all honesty that’s how FPS games are nowadays. Get your base idea, take an idea from another game, improve on it. At least halo 5 does this perfectly.
>
>
> And that is why the whole genre is declining. Look at the XBL activity charts. It’s not Halo or COD reigning supreme. it’s minecraft, GTA5 and FiFa.

Of which none are very innovative.

Not everybody likes the game and what 343i is doing. Get over it and stop calling everyone whiner that has a different opinion. (I just guess its the bDobb vid.)

> 2533274818521550;14:
> Not everybody likes the game and what 343i is doing. Get over it and stop calling everyone whiner that has a different opinion. (I just guess its the bDobb vid.)

It’s not

A positive Halo 5 thread on the internet? Haven’t seen one these in a while. But seriously now, yeah I too am super excited about Halo 5. With all of the awesome games that have come out this year (and are still to come), H5 is still my most wanted title for 2015. Having a discussion about possible negative/positive aspects of the upcoming game is absolutely fine but making videos with titles like “Halo is dead/DOOMED!” or “If you pre-order Halo 5 you are the Anti-Christ” is absolute rubbish. Let’s wait and see what 343 have cooked up before going overboard with the conclusions.

> 2533274846022916;11:
> > 2533274840212973;8:
> > 1. Not everyone who disagrees with you is a person whining. Don’t make generalizations like that or it makes you seem uninformed or emotionally charged.
> >
> > 2. Even if Halo 5 was going to be the greatest game ever made of all time, (not saying it will or it won’t be) some people will just not like it. Different people like different things (shocking) and some people just won’t like it. For example, a lot of people think Deus Ex is the greatest game ever made, but my friend hates it.
> >
> > 3. To say that none of the people have made points against Halo 5 that have merit is ignorant at best and a blatant lie at worst. If you think that people complaining about things like the lack of split screen or the competitive viability of the game with the inclusion of mechanics like sprint and thruster are baseless claims with no evidence or merit, then you are as ignorant as those that you deride. If you genuinely think that people are just hating on Halo 5 just because or because they hate change and want stagnation, then you might want to research a little more. Most people would agree with you in saying that stagnation is bad and that Halo needed some change. The point that those people are making is that the change given in Halo 5 changes the game too much or in the wrong way. For example, Halo 3 felt slow for many. So, 343 put in sprint. People say that instead of sprint, they should up movement speed and increase FOV for a healthier, balanced, and more competitively viable game.
> >
> > My point is, logical fallacies are bad; you should avoid them.
>
>
> I’ve also noticed that people who talk badly about the game are very agressive. Such as yourself
>
> When I watch over 20 minutes of someone bashing my favorite game, I feel the need to defend it. And a dislike isn’t quite enough

Then watch someone that isn’t.

> 2533274857398125;13:
> > 2535435567953298;7:
> > > 2533274857398125;4:
> > > > 2535435567953298;2:
> > > > I’m still waiting for Halo to evolve. All i’ve seen is emulation.
> > >
> > >
> > > In all honesty that’s how FPS games are nowadays. Get your base idea, take an idea from another game, improve on it. At least halo 5 does this perfectly.
> >
> >
> > And that is why the whole genre is declining. Look at the XBL activity charts. It’s not Halo or COD reigning supreme. it’s minecraft, GTA5 and FiFa.
>
>
> Of which none are very innovative.

I cant find 5 other AAA games that feature the same mechanics they have.

The FPS genre is stagnating. Hard.

Every time a new Halo game gets revealed, people rant and rave about the franchise being dead. I remember when Halo 2 was supposed to kill the franchise. One of two things will happen with the whiners after Halo 5 comes out:

1. They’ll play it and realize that the things they’ve been complaining about aren’t nearly as bad as they thought and continue to play Halo 5 (Result: Halo lives on)

OR

1. They’ll stick to their convictions by not playing Halo 5 and have their spot in the population count filled by new players who enjoy the game (Result: Halo lives on)

I half agree with you OP. I’m excited for Halo 5 big time! However, I don’t feel it will dominate the market.