Halo is not Call of Duty.

Hello Readers, after countless hours of playing and some time of research, I have noticed that Halo 4 mind as well stamp a poorly drawn Call of Duty logo to its case. Halo is its own game believe it or not. Bungie made sure of that even after MW2 and World at war released. Halo was built to spawn in players with BALANCED weapons and not a class with overpowered weapons like the DMR(wtf the DMR is more powerful than the BR? I thought the BR was Chiefs weapon of choice? Why is it about as powerful as a Pea Shooter). If you pair this DMR with a try-hard who wants their challenges maxed out,(another Call of Duty feature) some perks to boost the individuals in-game advantages, an armor ability to protect them, AND ordinance that drops THEM the most powerful drops in the game (while the people less fortunate are given the standard: Needler,Pulse grenades, and Speed Boost)then in return you have a person treating Halo like Call of Duty. Now multiply this person by 2/3 of the amount of copies the game sold and you have THE recipe for disaster. So, if you do ever read this since I read posts about how you do not respond to the community I hope you at least go into every game/gamemode of Halo 3 (FUN FACT: has been dubbed as perfection of multiplayer and a game by reviews AND the community) and re-think some elements for future updates and ESPECIALLY future games. Thanks

Halo was never like COD. Halo was, is, and always will be 10 times better than COD.

> Halo was never like COD. Halo was, is, and always will be 10 times better than COD.

Blops 2 > H4, IMO.

> Halo was never like COD. Halo was, is, and always will be 10 times better than COD.

Yes it is so much better, the only good cod was the very 1st game on PC IMO they equal out on that but everything after 1 isn’t as good as halo but you can’t really compare them since one is an arena shooter and the other is a competitive shooter.

> > Halo was never like COD. Halo was, is, and always will be 10 times better than COD.
>
> Yes it is so much better, the only good cod was the very 1st game on PC IMO they equal out on that but everything after 1 isn’t as good as halo but you can’t really compare them since one is an arena shooter and the other is a competitive shooter.

Actually, you have your terminology a little mixed up. Halo WAS an arena shooter. Now it is a class-based shooter, with some resemblance of an arena shooter in the random weapon that spawns every two minutes or so. CoD is a tactical shooter. Always has been. Any shooter can be a competitive shooter. It just needs to be properly balanced to support a competitive environment.

Although halo has borrowed some features from cod I still think halo is unique enough (I mean are people really gonna complain about kill cams and hit markers) from cod to be its own game I mean you will never see circle strafing, headshot hunting and fast movement gameplay in standard cod but those are still the big parts of halo MP but I will admit that ordnance is a bit annoying on competitive game types but I think it is fine for BTB if there were less splazer drops

> Halo WAS an arena shooter. Now it is a class-based shooter, with some resemblance of an arena shooter in the random weapon that spawns every two minutes or so.

When I think of class based shooter, I think of TF2. I think of SPESS MAHREENS. I think of Transformers: WfC and FoC.

Each class has a specialized role with specialized weapons and roles/weapons can’t be changed on the fly.

> > Halo WAS an arena shooter. Now it is a class-based shooter, with some resemblance of an arena shooter in the random weapon that spawns every two minutes or so.
>
> When I think of class based shooter, I think of TF2. I think of SPESS MAHREENS. I think of Transformers: WfC and FoC.
>
> Each class has a specialized role with specialized weapons and roles/weapons can’t be changed on the fly.

Customizable class-based? Is that a better definition? I don’t even know anymore.

> > > Halo WAS an arena shooter. Now it is a class-based shooter, with some resemblance of an arena shooter in the random weapon that spawns every two minutes or so.
> >
> > When I think of class based shooter, I think of TF2. I think of SPESS MAHREENS. I think of Transformers: WfC and FoC.
> >
> > Each class has a specialized role with specialized weapons and roles/weapons can’t be changed on the fly.
>
> Customizable class-based? Is that a better definition? I don’t even know anymore.

Probably.

I would say it’s a hybrid Arena/Class.

You can build a Loadout to support a particular class role but that class role can be changed and adjusted on the fly during actual gameplay rather than waiting on a respawn screen.

Cod is only a tactical shooter on paper (Pertaining to a warground), Rainbow Six Vegas is a tactical shooter in general definition. Halo 4 is an Arena/Class Based Hybrid. So essentially, Halo 4 created a unique twist on the widely popular Class based subgenre of shooters and still kept the feel of an Arena shooter.

> Cod is only a tactical shooter on paper (Pertaining to a warground), Rainbow Six Vegas is a tactical shooter in general definition. Halo 4 is an Arena/Class Based Hybrid. So essentially, Halo 4 created a unique twist on the widely popular Class based subgenre of shooters and still kept the feel of an Arena shooter.

I would say that it hardly resembles an arena shooter anymore. Maybe in the BTB sense, since there are power weapons spawning on the maps, but in 4v4, not so much.

> > Cod is only a tactical shooter on paper (Pertaining to a warground), Rainbow Six Vegas is a tactical shooter in general definition. Halo 4 is an Arena/Class Based Hybrid. So essentially, Halo 4 created a unique twist on the widely popular Class based subgenre of shooters and still kept the feel of an Arena shooter.
>
> I would say that it hardly resembles an arena shooter anymore. Maybe in the BTB sense, since there are power weapons spawning on the maps, but in 4v4, not so much.

I suppose most PWs are meant to be coming from Personal Ordnance Drops. Aside from the smorgasboard that spawn at the start, the PW Drops I’ve seen in game have been hybrid-Power Weapons like the Needler and Concussion Rifle.

Too be fair, it’s harder to go on a killing spree with a Power Weapon because the Loadout weapons kill so much faster. So the Power Weapons are more likely to be traded around.

If they didn’t despawn in three seconds.

> > > Cod is only a tactical shooter on paper (Pertaining to a warground), Rainbow Six Vegas is a tactical shooter in general definition. Halo 4 is an Arena/Class Based Hybrid. So essentially, Halo 4 created a unique twist on the widely popular Class based subgenre of shooters and still kept the feel of an Arena shooter.
> >
> > I would say that it hardly resembles an arena shooter anymore. Maybe in the BTB sense, since there are power weapons spawning on the maps, but in 4v4, not so much.
>
> I suppose most PWs are meant to be coming from Personal Ordnance Drops. Aside from the smorgasboard that spawn at the start, the PW Drops I’ve seen in game have been hybrid-Power Weapons like the Needler and Concussion Rifle.
>
> Too be fair, it’s harder to go on a killing spree with a Power Weapon because the Loadout weapons kill so much faster.

Well, the DMR does. In general, I would have to agree. Personally, I think that is actually one of the good things about the game, especially since it was what I liked about CE. The power weapons were absurdly overpowered, but since the pistol killed quickly, it wasn’t like trying to out Rockets in Reach. Imagine I-Cannon in default Reach. GG.

> > > Halo was never like COD. Halo was, is, and always will be 10 times better than COD.
> >
> > Yes it is so much better, the only good cod was the very 1st game on PC IMO they equal out on that but everything after 1 isn’t as good as halo but you can’t really compare them since one is an arena shooter and the other is a competitive shooter.
>
> Actually, you have your terminology a little mixed up. Halo WAS an arena shooter. Now it is a class-based shooter, with some resemblance of an arena shooter in the random weapon that spawns every two minutes or so. CoD is a tactical shooter. Always has been. Any shooter can be a competitive shooter. It just needs to be properly balanced to support a competitive environment.

I’m sorry, but did you say COD was…tactical?

> > > > Halo was never like COD. Halo was, is, and always will be 10 times better than COD.
> > >
> > > Yes it is so much better, the only good cod was the very 1st game on PC IMO they equal out on that but everything after 1 isn’t as good as halo but you can’t really compare them since one is an arena shooter and the other is a competitive shooter.
> >
> > Actually, you have your terminology a little mixed up. Halo WAS an arena shooter. Now it is a class-based shooter, with some resemblance of an arena shooter in the random weapon that spawns every two minutes or so. CoD is a tactical shooter. Always has been. Any shooter can be a competitive shooter. It just needs to be properly balanced to support a competitive environment.
>
> I’m sorry, but did you say COD was…tactical?

Yep.

Class based shooter (Cod,Halo)
Perks (Cod,Halo)
Loadouts (Cod,Halo)
Ordnance (Cod,Halo)
Instant Respawn (Cod,Halo)
Grenade Indicator (Cod,Halo)
Sprint (Cod,Halo)
XP and unlockables (Cod,Halo)
Killcam (Cod,Halo)
Terrible(Anything after Cod2,Reach/Halo4)
Halo plays nothing like it used to. It moved away from its niche and has now joined the ranks of industry standard bland and boring betas. Hell, if you took away the shields you could probably sell it as Call of Duty: SPESS MEHREEN

inb4CODWASNTFIRST

Halo 1-3/ODST - Nope.

Halo: Reach/Halo 4 - Yep.

> > > > > Halo was never like COD. Halo was, is, and always will be 10 times better than COD.
> > > >
> > > > Yes it is so much better, the only good cod was the very 1st game on PC IMO they equal out on that but everything after 1 isn’t as good as halo but you can’t really compare them since one is an arena shooter and the other is a competitive shooter.
> > >
> > > Actually, you have your terminology a little mixed up. Halo WAS an arena shooter. Now it is a class-based shooter, with some resemblance of an arena shooter in the random weapon that spawns every two minutes or so. CoD is a tactical shooter. Always has been. Any shooter can be a competitive shooter. It just needs to be properly balanced to support a competitive environment.
> >
> > I’m sorry, but did you say COD was…tactical?
>
> Yep.

Whelp, Wikipedia has spoken. Now that I think of it… I totally remember using tactics to bring down the other team… I have no idea what I was thinking… what else have I been wrong about…

> > > > > > Halo was never like COD. Halo was, is, and always will be 10 times better than COD.
> > > > >
> > > > > Yes it is so much better, the only good cod was the very 1st game on PC IMO they equal out on that but everything after 1 isn’t as good as halo but you can’t really compare them since one is an arena shooter and the other is a competitive shooter.
> > > >
> > > > Actually, you have your terminology a little mixed up. Halo WAS an arena shooter. Now it is a class-based shooter, with some resemblance of an arena shooter in the random weapon that spawns every two minutes or so. CoD is a tactical shooter. Always has been. Any shooter can be a competitive shooter. It just needs to be properly balanced to support a competitive environment.
> > >
> > > I’m sorry, but did you say COD was…tactical?
> >
> > Yep.
>
> Whelp, Wikipedia has spoken. Now that I think of it… I totally remember using tactics to bring down the other team… I have no idea what I was thinking… what else have I been wrong about…

Everything is defined by how it’s played at the highest level (aka - optimal play style). When I first started playing Halo CE, it would be difficult to call it an arena shooter, since I rarely picked up weapons (I blame Wizard). Now, such a notion would be foolish. Pub matches in CoD are random and structureless, but if you watch top-tier teams playing one another, you could say it’s even more tactical than Halo. It slows down a ton.

> > > > > > > Halo was never like COD. Halo was, is, and always will be 10 times better than COD.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Yes it is so much better, the only good cod was the very 1st game on PC IMO they equal out on that but everything after 1 isn’t as good as halo but you can’t really compare them since one is an arena shooter and the other is a competitive shooter.
> > > > >
> > > > > Actually, you have your terminology a little mixed up. Halo WAS an arena shooter. Now it is a class-based shooter, with some resemblance of an arena shooter in the random weapon that spawns every two minutes or so. CoD is a tactical shooter. Always has been. Any shooter can be a competitive shooter. It just needs to be properly balanced to support a competitive environment.
> > > >
> > > > I’m sorry, but did you say COD was…tactical?
> > >
> > > Yep.
> >
> > Whelp, Wikipedia has spoken. Now that I think of it… I totally remember using tactics to bring down the other team… I have no idea what I was thinking… what else have I been wrong about…
>
> Everything is defined by how it’s played at the highest level (aka - optimal play style). When I first started playing Halo CE, it would be difficult to call it an arena shooter, since I rarely picked up weapons (I blame Wizard). Now, such a notion would be foolish. Pub matches in CoD are random and structureless, but if you watch top-tier teams playing one another, you could say it’s even more tactical than Halo. It slows down a ton.

Almost everything would be a tactical shooter if they were classified like that. Games like Operation Flashpoint, VBS, ArmA, etc., are tactical shooters.