Halo is not at all what was expected.

Halo 4 is nothing like Halo and never will be. I am close to never buying a Halo game again because I played all the other Halos yesterday and they had the best music and everything but I am not feeling it for Halo 4. I will maybe quit Halo and go to Destiny that is being made from Bungie because I know they will not let me down like 343i did.

-Reload

P.S Please do not rage.

I voted “Might move to another game.” The multiplayer is not up to snuff with the other numbered Halo titles, and I was looking forward to 4 since Reach was hot garbage. Halo 2, I don’t think will ever be beaten. I mean, come on… BxR and BxB was something special. You can actually dodge melee’s if timed the crouch right? The lunge ACTUALLY lunged! In Halo 4, the controller doesn’t even vibrate when you melee someone, feels real empty.

They’ve lost touch with the essence of Halo. Fighting for weapons and power ups, BR battles, and holding positions and calling out enemy players. We will never have this back, so I might move on to another game or stop playing video games all together, they’re all getting too easy.

"I might move to another game ". This game has taken so much of the thinking out. I’m just not challenged to think like I was with the other games, even Reach.

Agreed. But just wait till Destiny comes out by Bungie. They know what they are doing, it comes out in 1 year!

People say that Halo:Reach was made by Bungie but I disagree from Halo 3 to Reach is impossible for Bungie I bet 343 secretly made it and gave Bungie -Yoink- in a can and then 343 messed it up more.

So far halo 4 is my favorite halo game of the entire series. (Yes I have played all of them) I have not finished the campaign yet but it has been incredible so far due to the amazing storytelling, music, and graphics.
I have been having a great time with the multiplayer and I think that 343 really nailed it. Of course, there is always room for improvement and I hope that they add more playlists and that the visible ranking system will be a sucess.
This is all my opinion obviously, but I think many of you guys need to focus more on the great things about halo 4, rather than deeming it horrible simply because “there is currently no ranking system” or “the dmr is OP”. Even halo 2 had many faults, but you guys seem to completely ignore those, why not do the same for Halo 4?

Some people like it and some people don’t. I liked this fast pace of other games but I liked the difficulty in halo. Now that they are combined I like halo 4. Yes the DMR is OP but that’s one thing. And switching to bungie for destiny cause u say they never let u down. In my opinion is crap. Reach was a major let down and bungie created it.

Halo is a sci fi game that does not exist. The unbelievable weapons and the over the top unrealisticality of 1 man saving the galaxy twice is wat makes the game halo. This includes the music. I love Marty o Donnells score but he didn’t want to do it. U can’t expect every thing to be the same when a new developer takes over. I like Neil’s score not as much as Marty’s but I like it.

Plus u have to give 343i credit for creating a developer just for one series. And this is their first crack at halo. I would suggest try halo 5 than make ur decision just because than 343i can really see what they did wrong and try to fix it. Sorry if it sounded like I was raging.

> People say that Halo:Reach was made by Bungie but I disagree from Halo 3 to Reach is impossible for Bungie I bet 343 secretly made it and gave Bungie Yoink! in a can and then 343 messed it up more.

lolwhut? #conspiracytheory

Yes Halo 4 is not like Halo. Just like The Legend of Zelda Skyward sword isn’t like The Legend of Zelda, Metroid Other M not like Metroid, and Sonic Colours not like Sonic the Hedgehog. Games change, people change. I am sure to check out Destiny thought but I’ll still be playing Halo 4, then Halo 5 and so on.

> So far halo 4 is my favorite halo game of the entire series. (Yes I have played all of them) I have not finished the campaign yet but it has been incredible so far due to the amazing storytelling, music, and graphics.
> I have been having a great time with the multiplayer and I think that 343 really nailed it. Of course, there is always room for improvement and I hope that they add more playlists and that the visible ranking system will be a sucess.
> This is all my opinion obviously, but I think many of you guys need to focus more on the great things about halo 4, rather than deeming it horrible simply because “there is currently no ranking system” or “the dmr is OP”. Even halo 2 had many faults, but you guys seem to completely ignore those, why not do the same for Halo 4?

The only faults Halo 2 had was cheaters, that’s it. Halo 4 isn’t Halo anymore. I wanna take a shot at the dark here and assume you like to play other FPSs like CoD or Battle Field. Those are really fast paced games that you can run and gun the whole time and be alright. Halo is not this kind of game and requires team work for success, thinking out and setting up a kill. You can’t spray and pray at a Spartan’s feet and expect to kill him in 1.5 secs like in CoD. If the said player is better than you, and all you do is run at him spraying and praying, said player will turn around, kill you with superior AIM, and proceed to snipe like he intended. All it is now is, I use the camo I spawned with to camp this area with an ordinance dropped shotgun and go 20-5. It’s for bad players, because as you’ve played… Master Chief don’t camp.

This is why we do not like this new development 343i put out, they took away what set Halo aside from the rest, and made the game play JUST LIKE them! Halo WAS different from CoD and BF… If it’s too slow or too hard? Then go play those easy Arcade style games, Halo isn’t for you. That’s what 343i doesn’t get.

Nostalgia may be a pretty strong thing, but Halo 2 had more problems than just cheaters. Many of the weapons were not very useful due to the handicap of duel weilding. I do admit that it was fun to mix and match the weapons, but it took a lot of fun out of certain weapons because they were useless without another to beef it up.
There is more to games than just multiplayer, and although halo 2s campain was still great, it was rushed and lacked with repetitveness. Halo 2 did not have many of the features halo 4 includes today such as theater, spartan ops, and forge which make the whole experience much more satisfying.
I do agree with you about how halo shines with the aspect of being about to put up a fight, rather than luck and reaction time like in call of duty. However, by no means has this aspect been removed in Halo 4. Halo 4 is much faster paced and the kill times might be faster than previous titles, but you can still definety use you brain to overcome difficult situations. Plus, the less time you have to counter attack an enemy player who has started attacking you means that it will be much more challenging to suceed. Is that kind of “challenge” not what you desire?

Well then goodbye…maybe. :wink:

> Halo 4 is nothing like Halo and never will be. I am close to never buying a Halo game again because I played all the other Halos yesterday and they had the best music and everything but I am not feeling it for Halo 4. I will maybe quit Halo and go to Destiny that is being made from Bungie because I know they will not let me down like 343i did.
>
> -Reload
>
> P.S Please do not rage.

Bungie hasn’t made a good Halo game in 10 years and 343 did one on their first try. Problem?

> People say that Halo:Reach was made by Bungie but I disagree from Halo 3 to Reach is impossible for Bungie I bet 343 secretly made it and gave Bungie Yoink! in a can and then 343 messed it up more.

so you’re saying its impossible for bungie to make a bad game?

I agree OP. With Halo 4, the nostalgia just wasn’t there. I was listening to some earlier Halo soundtracks and they reminded me of the days when we were fighting Covenant and unlocking the mysteries of Halo. Not when we were fighting some evil, gravity-wielding didact from some kind of Mass Effect universe. Halo was never about a single villain. Now that all the mystery is gone too, it just doesn’t feel the same. I’m very upset with the direction Halo was taken. :frowning:

I love this game. After playing all the other Halos quite a bit I would rate this somewhere close to halo 2 in terms of fun. Freezer Burn has been my account for 10 years. Can check that I have played them all to a decent extent. Halo 4 woot.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter, and please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> > Halo 4 is nothing like Halo and never will be. I am close to never buying a Halo game again because I played all the other Halos yesterday and they had the best music and everything but I am not feeling it for Halo 4. I will maybe quit Halo and go to Destiny that is being made from Bungie because I know they will not let me down like 343i did.
> >
> > -Reload
> >
> > P.S Please do not rage.
>
> Bungie hasn’t made a good Halo game in 10 years and 343 did one on their first try. Problem?

Eat a dck you little sht, Bungie is great.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> > Halo 4 is nothing like Halo and never will be. I am close to never buying a Halo game again because I played all the other Halos yesterday and they had the best music and everything but I am not feeling it for Halo 4. I will maybe quit Halo and go to Destiny that is being made from Bungie because I know they will not let me down like 343i did.
> >
> > -Reload
> >
> > P.S Please do not rage.
>
> Bungie hasn’t made a good Halo game in 10 years and 343 did one on their first try. Problem?

Dude your -Yoinking!- limited.

> Halo 4 is nothing like Halo and never will be. I am close to never buying a Halo game again because I played all the other Halos yesterday and they had the best music and everything but I am not feeling it for Halo 4. I will maybe quit Halo and go to Destiny that is being made from Bungie because I know they will not let me down like 343i did.
>
> -Reload
>
> P.S Please do not rage.

Y’know OP, I’m pretty tired of people thinking they were making bungies halo.

They said from the very beggining “We are not making bungies halo, we are making halo how we see it.”

Does that mean they didn’t mess up? Certainly not, heck there are a lot of things that need the boot, but expecting it to be a bungie game was the worst way you could have hyped yourself up for this.

This is 343i’s halo now, and while not all of us agree with it, we can’t change it. So at least look for what WAS good in the game and what 343i did RIGHT and instead of asking them to make bungies halo, tell them what could be improved in your opinion and how.

Ok?

Thanks.

Silent

The great thing about halo is that they try new things, what do you want just another call of duty which just reuses the same game over and over and over and just adds little things in that people abuse. the majority like this game so its ok to lose you or any small amount of people bc this game isnt made for the small group who wants halo to be like halo 2 or 3 its made for majority and always will be, personally i love this game and ive played halo since halo 1, the only game that was ever a let down was reach.