Halo is no longer a team game

After playing this game for nearly a year now, it’s become very apparent that Halo is no longer a team game. The titles “team slayer” and “team arena” are just that, nothing more than a title. People don’t use headsets, people don’t stay in groups at all and you sure as hell can’t depend on your team to have your back. You’ll be lucky if they come to help out once you’ve died, even.

There’s nowhere I’m really going with this, I just find it sad and extremely irritating how this game works in “team” based game modes. It’s just a group of people who are playing as lone wolves in hopes of getting a high kill count. Even if someone does have a mic, they’ll call you a -Yoink!- if you “steal” their kill and give them an assist. The team aspect is completely gone, unless you search with a full team, ofcourse (which isn’t always possible).

Again, I’m not really going anywhere with this, it was just a rant. Hopefully some people read this and pay a little more attention to playing as a team when playing Arena.

It very much is, you just haven’t been finding team players.

I play with a team all the time so…

some people know what to do even without mics but thats rare.

That’s because you play with randoms. Randoms have never used mics or utilized teamwork. Find some friends, party up, and kick some -Yoink-.

Oh it is, you just need…FRIENDS! lololol

> 2533274805919869;4:
> some people know what to do even without mics but thats rare.

Yep.

It seems everyone missed there part where I said playing in a team isn’t always an option… It’s not like the people I play with are online every minute I’m on. Even in a company with nearly 100 active players, it’s not always an option.

> 2533274873772972;1:
> After playing this game for nearly a year now, it’s become very apparent that Halo is no longer a team game. The titles “team slayer” and “team arena” are just that, nothing more than a title. People don’t use headsets, people don’t stay in groups at all and you sure as hell can’t depend on your team to have your back. You’ll be lucky if they come to help out once you’ve died, even.
>
> There’s nowhere I’m really going with this, I just find it sad and extremely irritating how this game works in “team” based game modes. It’s just a group of people who are playing as lone wolves in hopes of getting a high kill count. Even if someone does have a mic, they’ll call you a -Yoink!- if you “steal” their kill and give them an assist. The team aspect is completely gone, unless you search with a full team, ofcourse (which isn’t always possible).
>
> Again, I’m not really going anywhere with this, it was just a rant. Hopefully some people read this and pay a little more attention to playing as a team when playing Arena.

I can understand your frustration of teammates preforming poorly, and I can understand your frustration of players trash talking… However, I have to draw the line at the headset part of your complaint.

Some people just don’t want to talk. What in the god dam hell is wrong with a preference of not using a mic? Just because they would rather not use their voice doesn’t instantly make them a “bad team player”. That’s just you being self-centered and having high expectations towards other players. If you really think a “headset” is required to be a good player, then you shouldn’t be playing ranked, plain and simple.

I have almost no luck finding people with mics who are team players.

> 2533274873772972;1:
> After playing this game for nearly a year now, it’s become very apparent that Halo is no longer a team game. The titles “team slayer” and “team arena” are just that, nothing more than a title. People don’t use headsets, people don’t stay in groups at all and you sure as hell can’t depend on your team to have your back. You’ll be lucky if they come to help out once you’ve died, even.
>
> There’s nowhere I’m really going with this, I just find it sad and extremely irritating how this game works in “team” based game modes. It’s just a group of people who are playing as lone wolves in hopes of getting a high kill count. Even if someone does have a mic, they’ll call you a -Yoink!- if you “steal” their kill and give them an assist. The team aspect is completely gone, unless you search with a full team, ofcourse (which isn’t always possible).
>
> Again, I’m not really going anywhere with this, it was just a rant. Hopefully some people read this and pay a little more attention to playing as a team when playing Arena.

Its true. I can almost never find team players anymore, which sucks also because you only rank up in Arena by winning matches, which usually requires a decent team of people to do. Maybe a fourth search option could be put on so people can search for others in a “team players” category or something idk

> 2535442303795050;9:
> > 2533274873772972;1:
> > After playing this game for nearly a year now, it’s become very apparent that Halo is no longer a team game. The titles “team slayer” and “team arena” are just that, nothing more than a title. People don’t use headsets, people don’t stay in groups at all and you sure as hell can’t depend on your team to have your back. You’ll be lucky if they come to help out once you’ve died, even.
> >
> > There’s nowhere I’m really going with this, I just find it sad and extremely irritating how this game works in “team” based game modes. It’s just a group of people who are playing as lone wolves in hopes of getting a high kill count. Even if someone does have a mic, they’ll call you a -Yoink!- if you “steal” their kill and give them an assist. The team aspect is completely gone, unless you search with a full team, ofcourse (which isn’t always possible).
> >
> > Again, I’m not really going anywhere with this, it was just a rant. Hopefully some people read this and pay a little more attention to playing as a team when playing Arena.
>
>
> I can understand your frustration of teammates preforming poorly, and I can understand your frustration of players trash talking… However, I have to draw the line at the headset part of your complaint.
>
> Some people just don’t want to talk. What in the god dam hell is wrong with a preference of not using a mic? Just because they would rather not use their voice doesn’t instantly make them a “bad team player”. That’s just you being self-centered and having high expectations towards other players. If you really think a “headset” is required to be a good player, then you shouldn’t be playing ranked, plain and simple.

It isn’t required, but it certainly makes for a good team when you actually can communicate with other players.

> 2535442303795050;9:
> > 2533274873772972;1:
> > After playing this game for nearly a year now, it’s become very apparent that Halo is no longer a team game. The titles “team slayer” and “team arena” are just that, nothing more than a title. People don’t use headsets, people don’t stay in groups at all and you sure as hell can’t depend on your team to have your back. You’ll be lucky if they come to help out once you’ve died, even.
> >
> > There’s nowhere I’m really going with this, I just find it sad and extremely irritating how this game works in “team” based game modes. It’s just a group of people who are playing as lone wolves in hopes of getting a high kill count. Even if someone does have a mic, they’ll call you a -Yoink!- if you “steal” their kill and give them an assist. The team aspect is completely gone, unless you search with a full team, ofcourse (which isn’t always possible).
> >
> > Again, I’m not really going anywhere with this, it was just a rant. Hopefully some people read this and pay a little more attention to playing as a team when playing Arena.
>
>
> I can understand your frustration of teammates preforming poorly, and I can understand your frustration of players trash talking… However, I have to draw the line at the headset part of your complaint.
>
> Some people just don’t want to talk. What in the god dam hell is wrong with a preference of not using a mic? Just because they would rather not use their voice doesn’t instantly make them a “bad team player”. That’s just you being self-centered and having high expectations towards other players. If you really think a “headset” is required to be a good player, then you shouldn’t be playing ranked, plain and simple.

I agree with you, as I don’t use a mic and I do well most of the time. But back in Halo 3, everyone used a headset. They were essential because call outs were a critical part of the game. Having a team that can efficiently call out as well as respond to call outs can be the difference between dominating or being dominated. Even in warzone, a mic is great for calling out if someone is taking over a base across the map that no other teammates are by.

Are you not also solo-queuing?

> 2533274859655334;3:
> I play with a team all the time so…

I agree

> 2533274873772972;8:
> It seems everyone missed there part where I said playing in a team isn’t always an option… It’s not like the people I play with are online every minute I’m on. Even in a company with nearly 100 active players, it’s not always an option.

Add more people then. It’s always an option for me, there’s basically no time of day that 10 friends on. Usually it’s around 30 people on playing Halo. Hell add me if you want, but I only really play Warzone and Infection.