Halo is it changing for the better?

Hey so I just want to hear what you guys think about the direction that halo is heading, good, bad, or somewhere In the middle. Put campaign and multiplayer into perspective.
edit: This was too hostile of a thread at first and I overreacted on the negative of where halo is going. Apologies.

I totally agree with this. Halo really died off after 343i’s blunders. They could’ve made Halo just how Bungie did. I liked Halo 4’s story though. Everything else from Halo 4 is pretty much garbage. If Halo 5’s story at least followed up after Halo 4 and Spartan Ops season 1, then the story would be really good!

a series is dead when the fan base FULLY abandons it

> 2533274802109455;3:
> a series is dead when the fan base FULLY abandons it

Agreed. People can leave, but its doesnt die because of that.
You guys can say its terrible, you can whine and gripe…but that isn’t going to stop me from putting 9.5mm rounds through the skulls of everyone else who does keep playing, nor anyone else I know.
Adapt or do not. If you don’t, leave. We wont miss you.
Rant all you want. Its just dust in the wind.

I respect what u say but in all seriousness plz be careful I sense a war may start now

> 2533274907200114;4:
> > 2533274802109455;3:
> > a series is dead when the fan base FULLY abandons it
>
>
> Agreed. People can leave, but its doesnt die because of that.
> You guys can say its terrible, you can whine and gripe…but that isn’t going to stop me from putting 9.5mm rounds through the skulls of everyone else who does keep playing, nor anyone else I know.
> Adapt or do not. If you don’t, leave. We wont miss you.
> Rant all you want. Its just dust in the wind.

Look I still play halo 5 I’m not boycotting it, but the old halo is for sure dead, it’s not longer fun to play in arena it’s a constant yelling match and serious fight, it’s now in esports and everyone’s playing it like its life or death. Adapt or die isn’t always the right way of doing things my friend, sometimes you fight back.

> 2533274907200114;4:
> > 2533274802109455;3:
> > a series is dead when the fan base FULLY abandons it
>
>
> Agreed. People can leave, but its doesnt die because of that.
> You guys can say its terrible, you can whine and gripe…but that isn’t going to stop me from putting 9.5mm rounds through the skulls of everyone else who does keep playing, nor anyone else I know.
> Adapt or do not. If you don’t, leave. We wont miss you.
> Rant all you want. Its just dust in the wind.

Mate, you can’t afford to lose anymore people. If more people leave, playlists get consolidated, content gets scaled back, and the general game is left abandoned by the developers and then the community.

Well 343 definitely took the story in a different direction, and as much as I hate some of it, I still find myself intrigued by the story. I’m going to keep playing. But I think you are certainly right that Bungie and 343 took two different approaches, so a bit of adjusting is needed to transition between the games and their stories.

All I got from this post is. I want a ground braking game that’s completely different but still the exsact same style from a game that was relivent over 10 years ago. This is the problem every one wants to ware the nostalgia filters when looking back at games they are not relivent to this day and age they just arnt. Don’t get me wrong a lot of what 343 did with halo 5 is way wrong I mean the campaign alone was just…I can’t even play it it was crap. The multi player doesn’t feel to different to me the only change I see is people trying to play it like its COD or just using for or camping tactics but it’s vary well built. Also maybe some flavor in the skybox department. Also fun fact a large number of 343 is the original bungie crew not every one made the move Lie train that is destiny.

> 2533274805961589;9:
> All I got from this post is. I want a ground braking game that’s completely different but still the exsact same style from a game that was relivent over 10 years ago. This is the problem every one wants to ware the nostalgia filters when looking back at games they are not relivent to this day and age they just arnt. Don’t get me wrong a lot of what 343 did with halo 5 is way wrong I mean the campaign alone was just…I can’t even play it it was crap. The multi player doesn’t feel to different to me the only change I see is people trying to play it like its COD or just using for or camping tactics but it’s vary well built. Also maybe some flavor in the skybox department. Also fun fact a large number of 343 is the original bungie crew not every one made the move Lie train that is destiny.

Really ? Care to name them ? I think you’ll find that “fun fact” is not that large at all.

Obviously halo has changedcand started to go down hill but that doesnt mean its “dead”. 343 is trying best to please the community. Every one is always fighting each other here! One guys tells 343 we want something new and we get new mechanics, weapons, whatever. Then some one else, sometimes even the same guy! Will start talking crap about what was asked for. This because 343 is trying to bring in new players, which is a good thing! Howevet by doing so, they attracted the wrong kind of players. Players who always want stuff to be new or “realistic” and have no idea what the old games were about. If any thing the community is killing halo, not 343. Because we continue to fight and bicker with each other about such small and simple things and 343 doesnt know what to do because instead of trying to help all we do is either scream at them to add something or scream at them to remive something instead of just enjoying the game that we already have. And if the new players dont like the problems that have been around since h2 such as camping or stealing kills then theu can go back to CoD or destiny, and to old players, try to enjoy some changes! Its not like you can revive the past feeling that halo has brought us back in the early 2000. Your using good memories as some sort of list for 343 instead of just holding them as good memories. I literally grew up with halo, when i was a year old i was watching my dad gun down covies on ce and have stood by every game and will continue to do so, no matter what mistakes 343 will make or how crappy this community gets. I cant believe im going to say this but maybe you shpuld try being more the indie game communities that fnaf, undertale, and old minecrafy had. Obviously halo is a thousand times better than all three of those games but their communities aren’t at each others throats over sprinting! You dont see every one yelling at minecraft about how they want some new item or mode, but the entire halo community is filled with that. Instead the minecraft players dont expect much because they’re happy with what they have and are happy when something new comes. Whether you’re a classic hardcore halo fan, or some new guy who wanted in on the action, you need to learn to enjoy what we have and to stop going at 343’s throat every time you get farmed!

> 2533274889282194;11:
> Obviously halo has changedcand started to go down hill but that doesnt mean its “dead”. 343 is trying best to please the community. Every one is always fighting each other here! One guys tells 343 we want something new and we get new mechanics, weapons, whatever. Then some one else, sometimes even the same guy! Will start talking crap about what was asked for. This because 343 is trying to bring in new players, which is a good thing! Howevet by doing so, they attracted the wrong kind of players. Players who always want stuff to be new or “realistic” and have no idea what the old games were about. If any thing the community is killing halo, not 343. Because we continue to fight and bicker with each other about such small and simple things and 343 doesnt know what to do because instead of trying to help all we do is either scream at them to add something or scream at them to remive something instead of just enjoying the game that we already have. And if the new players dont like the problems that have been around since h2 such as camping or stealing kills then theu can go back to CoD or destiny, and to old players, try to enjoy some changes! Its not like you can revive the past feeling that halo has brought us back in the early 2000. Your using good memories as some sort of list for 343 instead of just holding them as good memories. I literally grew up with halo, when i was a year old i was watching my dad gun down covies on ce and have stood by every game and will continue to do so, no matter what mistakes 343 will make or how crappy this community gets. I cant believe im going to say this but maybe you shpuld try being more the indie game communities that fnaf, undertale, and old minecrafy had. Obviously halo is a thousand times better than all three of those games but their communities aren’t at each others throats over sprinting! You dont see every one yelling at minecraft about how they want some new item or mode, but the entire halo community is filled with that. Instead the minecraft players dont expect much because they’re happy with what they have and are happy when something new comes. Whether you’re a classic hardcore halo fan, or some new guy who wanted in on the action, you need to learn to enjoy what we have and to stop going at 343’s throat every time you get farmed!

Wow i have a lot of typos in there. Screw it, you guys can figure it out.

> 2533274802109455;3:

Yup. I still love these Halo games, they may not be exactly how the classics were, but I mean what modern games are still like the first one made?

> 2533274805961589;9:
> All I got from this post is. I want a ground braking game that’s completely different but still the exsact same style from a game that was relivent over 10 years ago. This is the problem every one wants to ware the nostalgia filters when looking back at games they are not relivent to this day and age they just arnt. Don’t get me wrong a lot of what 343 did with halo 5 is way wrong I mean the campaign alone was just…I can’t even play it it was crap. The multi player doesn’t feel to different to me the only change I see is people trying to play it like its COD or just using for or camping tactics but it’s vary well built. Also maybe some flavor in the skybox department. Also fun fact a large number of 343 is the original bungie crew not every one made the move Lie train that is destiny.

343 only had three or four Bungie members at first. Then a couple left. They’ve only got one or two ex-Bungie staff now.

Its not dead, its just now what it used to be…

> 2533274805961589;9:

All I got from your post was “I totally disagree with you, but I absolutely agree with every point you made.”

Buddy, I read through that twice, and the only thing I could wrestle out of the fog was that you might think that Halo has become Call of Duty. Did I read that wrong?

Well, take it from a guy who has never played anything but Halo. If you don’t spend all your time trying to compare it to other games then what you have is an absolutely top-notch shooter, and a very worthy successor to the Halo mantle. If you really feel like this game has somehow come off the rails then I’d ask yourself some searching questions, because I find it likely that you’ve changed a lot more in the last fifteen years than Halo has.

so not true, not till about 2-3 years after the last game is released, and after that their will be a new future type game to replace it.

Halo has changed, not dead. If it was dead I wouldn’t be playing it nearly everyday, I wouldn’t have friends who do the same, you wouldn’t have been able to come to Halos forums and post this. Fable is dead.

I’ve been playing since CE and this is my favorite multiplayer experience yet.

Halo just had the biggest console esports tournament in history, it has a developer that is updating the game monthly, it has microsofts full support, halo is alive my friend, just changing.

> 2533274802109455;3:

This. Exactly. There are still players. There’s a growing esports scene which we needed to have Halo stick out through the other IP’s. Halo has evolved. No doubt about it, but I don’t think it’s a dead game. The Devs didn’t handle the transition well when they took over from Bungie, but we’re all still here playing. Whether it being H5, or playing in MCC, it’s not entirely dead. There’s still a chance for 343 to turn it all around with the next installment. We just have to hope they listen.