Halo is going down a slippery slope...

“Req”
A shortened version of the word requisition.

“Requisition”
An official order laying claim to the use of property or materials.

Microtansactions: Small purchases inside of a game, made with real money.

Halo: A popular video game which has begun to experiment with microtransactions.

I think you know where I’m taking this…

I’m not ranting about just reqs. Also blitz packs. Ever since Halo 5, Microsoft has been implementing changes which reduce the enjoyability of a game and increase profits. The fight against microtransactions is an up-hill battle, because they are actually something people buy. Thus, we have a problem. Microsoft does not want to give us good games. They want money. They do not care for the integrity of any of their products. 343 can only fight this so much, as they are unfortunately part of Microsoft. Microsoft is a detriment to Halo.

So, how do we fight?

I don’t know. Boycot is an option. Another option is to spend so much time in older Halos that they are forced to reconsider.

How do you think we should handle this?

Please no arguments. Lets all be polite human beings. :slight_smile:

> 2535455007544817;1:
> “Req”
> A shortened version of the word requisition.
>
> “Requisition”
> An official order laying claim to the use of property or materials.
>
> Microtansactions: Small purchases inside of a game, made with real money.
>
> Halo: A popular video game which has begun to experiment with microtransactions.
>
> I think you know where I’m taking this…
>
> I’m not ranting about just reqs. Also blitz packs. Ever since Halo 5, Microsoft has been implementing changes which reduce the enjoyability of a game and increase profits. The fight against microtransactions is an up-hill battle, because they are actually something people buy. Thus, we have a problem. Microsoft does not want to give us good games. They want money. They do not care for the integrity of any of their products. 343 can only fight this so much, as they are unfortunately part of Microsoft. Microsoft is a detriment to Halo.
>
> So, how do we fight?
>
> I don’t know. Boycot is an option. Another option is to spend so much time in older Halos that they are forced to reconsider.
>
> How do you think we should handle this?
>
> Please no arguments. Lets all be polite human beings. :slight_smile:

Martin Luther King Jr wanted to Boycott Coca -Cola, wasn’t too successful there, though he did boycott the Montgomery bus service successfully during 1955 sparked by Rosa Parks.

P.S I have a history US mock tomorrow.

Edit - how about we just put less money towards the req packs, Viva la revolución

You seriously think there won’t be any arguements? This game is still enjoyable. They probably have used the money they make from microtransactions to pay their game devs to create all those other previous updates. If you don’t enjoy the game, take your own advice and go spend time in older Halos

Both. We boycott and play older halos, or games that still hold their old values.

Well they have to make money somehow and we do get free updates so its not that bad

The way I see it no matter how you feel about microtransactions they are the future of gaming and their isn’t much “fighting back” that can be done. It’s best just to accept this is where gaming is heading or give up gaming altogether.

It started with smart phones when “freemium” applications that were free to download and play, but cost real money to unlock more content or gain an advantage. Developers started to realize there were additional ways to gain more revenue beyond the sale price of the game. We can’t expect them to just walk away from increased revenue. Games are made by developers to make a profit and us enjoying these games is just a byproduct.

As long as they are making additional revenue through microtransactions we can expect to see developers continue this movement in the foreseeable future. Just accept it.

Microtransactions, let’s give it a rest. Honestly, I used to think they were way stupid and a horrible idea. But now what we’re starting to see with Microtransactions is free DLC content for EVERY ONE.

You have a choice to buy something, you may not, but others will.

All of Halo 5 DLC has been free. It helps create a equal playing experience for all players that can only afford a base game.

  • You have Reqs that can be purchased through a microtransaction that helps go towards more content in the game including MLG, and gives others the same content for free.Another example, TitanFall 2 Respawn.

  • They have microtransactions, but they’re also offering free DLC that includes game modes, and maps that people originally have to pay for. You pay literally $3.00 for a skin pack that helps go towards giving the community free game modes and maps, and more.No one is forcing you to buy content.

> 2535434548670205;3:
> You seriously think there won’t be any arguements? This game is still enjoyable. They probably have used the money they make from microtransactions to pay their game devs to create all those other previous updates. If you don’t enjoy the game, take your own advice and go spend time in older Halos

Nope it’s been confirmed that the money made from H5’s MT’s go to Pro Players who win their tournaments instead of making the game less or stabilizing their servers.

> 2533274870389366;7:
> Microtransactions, let’s give it a rest. Honestly, I used to think they were way stupid and a horrible idea. But now what we’re starting to see with Microtransactions is free DLC content for EVERY ONE.
>
> You have a choice to buy something, you may not, but others will.
>
> All of Halo 5 DLC has been free. It helps create a equal playing experience for all players that can only afford a base game.
> - You have Reqs that can be purchased through a microtransaction that helps go towards more content in the game, and gives others the same content for free.Another example, TitanFall 2 Respawn.
> - They have microtransactions, but they’re also offering free DLC that includes game modes, and maps that people originally have to pay for. You pay literally $3.00 for a skin pack that helps go towards giving the community free game modes and maps, and more.No one is forcing you to buy content.

Halo 5 has no “Free DLC” just a lazy excuse to finish the game after it’s launched. There’s a BIG difference between DLC and Content Updates, DLC is basically add-ons, optional stuff like skins or levels, but they are never forced to be downloaded in order to play the game. Content updates are another story, they contain a lot of the similarities as DLC but they are required to download to play the game and that takes up storage space, especially in H5’s case. Besides we don’t need a constatnt influx of new stuff in a Halo title, the OG Halo Trilogy didn’t have it, neither did Reach and those games were far more successful than Halo 5.

Advocating boycotts is not allowed.

This topic has also been done several times over and doesn’t foster constructive discussion.