Halo is fading. There is hope

Well everyday the mp is getting worse. This is because people are unlocking all of the lame stuff. Spawning with jetpack or active camo is just plain bad. No matter how much you “tweak” or nerf these, they simply don’t work unless they’re ordinance. As for personal ordinance, there seriously needs to be a limit on how many weapons can be on the map. I just played IS on abandon where ,including myself, there were at least three shot guns running around. Global ordinance needs to NOT be random. It seriously needs to NOT be random. I also think it shouldn’t be info for everyone to see since it clutters the hud, and allows any ADD scrub to go for a weapon. The radar range is too large as it is. I dunno if it’-Yoink!- detection or lag, but i’ve had people run through nade explosions as i headshot them. Spawning with stickies…BAD IDEA. Stickies used to be pick up because they were special. Now play a game and all anyone tries to do is point blank stick you. It’s simply too much. DMR…I won’t beat a dead horse. Light shield and regen, both need to get out of match making. Do you know how crappy it is to tear someone’s shield off, only to have them throw up a light shield or go behind a beam and activate regen? Since you need resupply to pick up nades from bodies, regen and light shield are even more wack. The good news is that at it’s core, this game is awsome. Unlike reach, the shooting, movement, and arsenal are solid. Unfortunately there are a lot of other things that make this an infuriating and lame “halo” experience.

I understand. There is such an immense amount of power weapons on every map, especially in Infinity slayer and Dominion. People just seem to be pulling rocket launchers and sniper rifles out of their -Yoinks!- every three minutes.

Soon they’ll bring out a update so stop being a pain in the butt and play

> Soon they’ll bring out a update so stop being a pain in the butt and play

How soon is soon? 2 weeks? 1 month? 2 months? As a consumer, we have every right to complain about something we don’t like. The game at the core is great, but a bunch of small issues will add up and cause more problems.

i personally like this mp better than reach and the loadouts are my favourate part. unlocking multiple things for classes make sit more fun

Personally haven’t had any issues killing the 1000 people I have, and I’m sure many others agree. It’s all about timing your shots, jumping, knowing when to throw grenades and finally just learn to adapt. I enjoy this game I do agree there are a lot more sticky grenades now and a lot more kills from the grave due to last second kills but hey if that person can kill me I give them their pat on the back they deserve.

Learn and adapt, the regen and light shield are both easy to counter (grenades are your best friend)

I’m still enjoying the hell out of MP however…I honestly can’t say I disagree with any of the points you made. I am pretty confident that most if not all of these issues will be addressed in the near future.

> I’m still enjoying the hell out of MP however…I honestly can’t say I disagree with any of the points you made. I am pretty confident that most if not all of these issues will be addressed in the near future.

That is where my hope lies. Reach was awful to the core. Halo 4 is not.

-The jetpack only lasts a few seconds and if anything puts the person using it at a disadvantage. Anyone using it just makes themselves an instant kill target for any even slightly skilled player with a BR or DMR.

-Active camo barely does any good, majority of the time a player can spot you / you can spot them instantly as you approach. Not only that but even if they’re hiding around a corner, the camo provides all the moving target indicators on the radar which gives the person’s position away making it easy enough to just bounce a nade off a wall and hit them before rounding the corner for a cleanup. Anyone being dropped by players in camo just aren’t observant.

-Ordinance rarely makes a difference unless you choose speed boost, over shield, or damage boost. Most other choices (shotguns, needler, etc) are nothing that a good shot from a br/dmr can’t handle.

-Those who pass explosions without being 1shot likely have the grenade item on that increases their nade damage and reduces damage taken.

-Stickies are basically useless unless stuck to a vehicle or someone happens to be in your face to stick you, like every other Halo game. They do less damage in this game so they basically only are useful IF they stick to you.

-Light shield is slightly annoying when a person is 1shot and suddenly the shield pops up but that’s nothing a nade won’t solve.

-Regen is a joke, its extremely easy to kill a player in regen. I’ve had whole teams crowd a regen and still have at least two of them get killed before or right as I do. Unless they’re hiding around cover there really is nothing stopping you. Even then a good nade solves the issue.

Doesn’t sound like there’s too much of an issue with the things you’re complaining about, sounds more like your aim is a little lackluster and you could use some practice with grenades. No need to take offense in that, I’m not looking to make an argument as most do, but it seems to be the issue in your case.

> -The jetpack only lasts a few seconds and if anything puts the person using it at a disadvantage. Anyone using it just makes themselves an instant kill target for any even slightly skilled player with a BR or DMR.
>
> -Active camo barely does any good, majority of the time a player can spot you / you can spot them instantly as you approach. Not only that but even if they’re hiding around a corner, the camo provides all the moving target indicators on the radar which gives the person’s position away making it easy enough to just bounce a nade off a wall and hit them before rounding the corner for a cleanup. Anyone being dropped by players in camo just aren’t observant.
>
> -Ordinance rarely makes a difference unless you choose speed boost, over shield, or damage boost. Most other choices (shotguns, needler, etc) are nothing that a good shot from a br/dmr can’t handle.
>
> -Those who pass explosions without being 1shot likely have the grenade item on that increases their nade damage and reduces damage taken.
>
> -Stickies are basically useless unless stuck to a vehicle or someone happens to be in your face to stick you, like every other Halo game. They do less damage in this game so they basically only are useful IF they stick to you.
>
> -Light shield is slightly annoying when a person is 1shot and suddenly the shield pops up but that’s nothing a nade won’t solve.
>
> -Regen is a joke, its extremely easy to kill a player in regen. I’ve had whole teams crowd a regen and still have at least two of them get killed before or right as I do. Unless they’re hiding around cover there really is nothing stopping you. Even then a good nade solves the issue.
>
> Doesn’t sound like there’s too much of an issue with the things you’re complaining about, sounds more like your aim is a little lackluster and you could use some practice with grenades. No need to take offense in that, I’m not looking to make an argument as most do, but it seems to be the issue in your case.

I was expecting the “maybe you’re not good” post. Either way, I don’t feel like explaining yet again, that its not about winning or losing against these people, it’s the lack of fun or creativity involved. You’ve likely never faced a team of p.vision/active cam users on solace. You’ve also never experienced people jetpacking to the tower on abandon. You’ve also never had a guy duck behind cover once his shields are gone so he can activate regen. Naturally it’s easy to kill someone who’s camping there. If you are two shot and he’s one, but then gets a regen and runs back out with half shields, guess who wins? Skill has nothing to do with the win. You said stickies are useless…why did I even bother to respond to you since you’ve never played halo 4.

Jet Pack is now a “jump pack” and I very much disagree that it should be ordinance. It’s rather balanced in matchmaking as it only really gives you an advantage in specific scenarios, like any armor ability. It lets you get the jump on your opponent or get more vertical distance faster.

Hard Light shield is crap as far as a shield goes. It is only effective at longer ranges and only protects one side of you. An enemy’s team mate can very easily flank you, and it takes an incredible amount of time to bare arms when you close the shield. I would much prefer bubble shield. That being said, it’s also a pretty fair weapon, and it’s best used for distractors or to get through the field without being sniped. The best and most practical use for it I would say is to shield yourself from explosion.

Regen is a Halo 3 item and should is a great armor ability. It’s a support ability and can be used to help an entire team, but it’s not really a defensive one. Sure, if someone gets in cover, they can heal themselves quite fast, and if they’re at the right position, it can give them a deadly advantage. That is the point of AAs. It’s not going to make someone God.

Ordinance makes power weapons as common on maps as they were in any Halo game, especially Halo 3. In fact, the ordinance feature (for maps, not call in ordinance) is really just a dressed up way of items spawning on maps. Just to make it look more cool so people don’t ask, “Why did someone leave this sniper rifle right here?” Instead, they’re air dropped supplies. You also have to be in a certain range for them to pop up on your HUD. Radar range is the same range it has always been.

I’m enjoying it. Halo: Reach felt like an entirely different game, in a bad way. Halo 4 feels like Halo 3 2.0, in a good way.

I dont have much of a problem with JP to be honest. I did in Reach but it has been nerfed so much it isnt a game breaker.

Active Camo didnt bother me at first but once you start playing people who realize that using the AA efficiency perk, Active Camo and toggle crouch… You are godly. Especially if you get a hold of a scatter shot. I dont know I figure when they release a Hardcore playlist it wont be there so meh.

Personal Ordinance is a bad mechanic if you play the game competitively. It is one of the most random features Halo has ever had. 343 needs to fix the problem with static weapon spawns so we can start having weapons drops like the old Halos that dont despawn every 13 seconds…

Instant respawn is doing more to break this game than anything though. Forget ever having small maps as long as you cant force people to a spawn timer. Not only does it ruin gameplay but its annoying having a teammate who in past Halos would drop like a -6 but now with insta spawn is capable of dropping some -20 bombs…

Well halo is fadeing barley. Halo 1 is better than halo 4 wayto much crap in the gamehalo 2 which was very simple was the best haloand now the bolt shot is going to be the down fall of halo 4 then they mess up and bring the dmr in the game why. A gun from the worst of all the halos. Halo 4 is weak and BO2 is better.

> Soon they’ll bring out a update so stop being a pain in the butt and play

The update isn’t going to help unless Ordinance is removed.

I just went 20-8 in a game.

I was killed by:

DMR x 2
Rockets
Beam Rifle
Binary Rifle x 3
Saw

and that’s like 1/3rd of the power weapons in the game.

Seriously, all this power weapon crap is ruining Dominion. You can only take so much pain when you’re on the last stand, at the base you need to capture only to get sniped, or composed by an Incineration Cannon. Good Post OP.

> > Soon they’ll bring out a update so stop being a pain in the butt and play
>
> The update isn’t going to help unless Ordinance is removed.
>
> I just went 20-8 in a game.
>
> I was killed by:
>
> DMR x 2
> Rockets
> Beam Rifle
> Binary Rifle x 3
> Saw
>
> and that’s like 1/3rd of the power weapons in the game.

LoL! That seriously put a smile on my face. Glad I haven’t played in over a month. The steady decline of the population is evidence enough for me that this is a failed experiment.

…ok

Binary rifle is a Nemesis gun… Even when you see the light, it’s already too late

> 2535406841584286;17:
> …ok

Don’t revive 4 year old topics please