Halo is dead.

Spartan points? Random weapon spawns? Forerunner Vision? What is this? I thought I was playing Halo, not Call of Duty: Space Warfare.

Alienating your core fanbase to try to please some people who’ll drop the game for some other shiny game that comes out three days later is just going to fail.

Oh, you have the game already or have seen it in action? Please do tell me more.

> Oh, you have the game already or have seen it in action? Please do tell me more.

Yes, obviously I have to play it to make a conclusion based on the facts I already have about the game.

there are a million of these threads already but your right, i honestly feel betrayed.

im really not sure if im even going to buy the game anymore, i might rent it… we’ll see

Stop jumping to conclusions. People keep attacking 343 and the game but haven’t played it. Sorry but I’m not even going to welcome you to Waypoint.

> Oh, you have the game already or have seen it in action? Please do tell me more.

Do YOU?! We all read the GameInformer. Unless it’s some kind of sick April Fools joke, that stuff is in the game, guaranteed. IDK why you people are still in denial.

What is “core halo”
Halo CE?
Halo CE PC?
Halo 2?
Halo 3?
Halo: ODST?
Halo Wars?
Halo: Reach?

Or will it be Halo 4 after everybody starts complaining that Halo 5 is ruining Halo…and that we need to go back to how things were in Halo 4.
This happened in 2,3, and Reach…

> > Oh, you have the game already or have seen it in action? Please do tell me more.
>
> Yes, obviously I have to play it to make a conclusion based on the facts I already have about the game.

‘Facts’? You do realise that much of the GameInformer article is out of context? And the leaked text post even more so? Not to mention the fact that there are more details to be revealed about each of these additions? Yes, there are drastic changes, but we do not know enough about them to come to a justified conclusion as to whether or not they will make or break Halo.

> > Oh, you have the game already or have seen it in action? Please do tell me more.
>
> Yes, obviously I have to play it to make a conclusion based on the facts I already have about the game.

“Facts” that are being misinterpreted by many and are leading to the wrong conclusions.
In due time (and not so far from it by the way), we will be clarified on the new features of Halo 4. So please, be patient and stop jumping to conclusions until more light has been shed on this.

> What is “core halo”
> Halo CE?
> Halo CE PC?
> Halo 2?
> Halo 3?
> Halo: ODST?
> Halo Wars?
> Halo: Reach?
>
> Or will it be Halo 4 after everybody starts complaining that Halo 5 is ruining Halo…and that we need to go back to how things were in Halo 4.
> This happened in 2,3, and Reach…

You know who the “core” Halo players are, and fact is that every single entry past CE has alienated them. (Dual Wielding, Equipment, Bloom, AAs)

Halo 4’s just going to be the last nail in the coffin, and after they’ve left, the casual population will go back to playing Call of Duty 40k.

I want Halo’s 1-3 to be what Halo 4 will be about. I’m not buying the game is all this garbage is true.

I don’t X-ray vision. and random weapon spawning is in CoD… Anyway, wait for the bulletin and podcast to clear stuff up, there was some misinformation in the GI article as said by Frankie on Neogaf.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not necrobump.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Halo 4 is dying a slow and painful death:

http://halocharts.com/2012/chart/dailypeakpopulation/all

this is the truth, i got screwed on standard edition specilisation con and capped at 70 so i am not playing.

XP CAPPING FOR £40.00 A GAME IS A CON !!!

GET A LIFE - MOVE OVER AND LET INFINITY WARD MAKE HALO

> What is “core halo”
> Halo CE?
> Halo CE PC?
> Halo 2?
> Halo 3?
> Halo: ODST?
> Halo Wars?
> Halo: Reach?
>
> Or will it be Halo 4 after everybody starts complaining that Halo 5 is ruining Halo…and that we need to go back to how things were in Halo 4.
> This happened in 2,3, and Reach…

Dude you’re out of your mind, obvious Halo Zero is the core Halo.

> Spartan points? Random weapon spawns? Forerunner Vision? What is this? I thought I was playing Halo, not Call of Duty: Space Warfare.
>
> Alienating your core fanbase to try to please some people who’ll drop the game for some other shiny game that comes out three days later is just going to fail.

The funny thing is you said this sir 7 months before release and guess what… you have predicted exactly what has happened. Matchmaking players are gone… there are maximum 10,000 at night and it’s only getting worse. If only I saw this coming as much as you did, I wouldn’t have spent cash on this.

Your post is brilliant. +1

Lol remember when everyone said the same thing about Halo 2?

“Why is this game so laggy” or “It takes the same amount of time for me to go to the store grab a arizona and cheetos before I find a match”

And don’t forget the sword EVERYONE hated that weapon lol what they call it the noob stick or some thing.

Sadly its true. This game would probably work great if halo wasn’t in the title. They just lost sight of what made halo halo.

The Name of the Two COD’s of 2013…

Call of Battlefield: Modern Halo 4

Call Of Black Ops: Farcry 3 In Crysis

> Spartan points? Random weapon spawns? Forerunner Vision? What is this? I thought I was playing Halo, not Call of Duty: Space Warfare.
>
> Alienating your core fanbase to try to please some people who’ll drop the game for some other shiny game that comes out three days later is just going to fail.

I’d have to agree, he called it 8 months ago, and he was right.

I really don’t like the direction the halo series is going. In halo 5 your going to be able to add attachments to your guns and have kill streaks such as shortsword air strikes. Also does anyone actually like infinity slayer? I cant stand that gametype.