Halo Is Barely Futuristic

For a game set so far in the future I have always found Halo to look not very futuristic for it’s time setting . 500+ Years from now we’re still using bullets rather then lasers (Yeah i do know there is a laser gun but that’s only one) . Their is no flying car’s or vehicles meaning we’re still using wheels which I find very hard to believe. There are no awesome new vehicle types . we’re just stuck with a tank that seems about as modern as one today , a couple flying vehicles ( Hornet and Falcan) That dont even have any futuristic weapons rather just a chain gun and rockets . The weapons lack any cool attachments like Even futuristic grenade launchers , scopes etc .

The coolest scope we have had is just a night vision one from Halo CE , where are the thermal scopes and things . Their is also only a pump action shotgun , I thought living in 500 years from now the shotguns would be atleast all automatic like the some of the shotguns today . The only weapons with a cool attachment are the BR , AR and DMR even those only have how many shots are left in the current clip , which I’m positive is a attachment available in this current age .

The human equipment (aside from AA’s) is lacking to . their is never any cool explosive things like the c4 of today or things like drones that can scout out ahead or crawl into spaces and navigate around with a camera . I realise that some of these these things sound like things from CoD or BF but I’m just saying my opinion . Even Tom Clancys Ghost Recon FS has better camouflage then Halo’s.

Aside from The Spartans and Their AA’s aswell as the Infinity (Other Ships Just Look like average sci-fi ships for the age) I find Halo to be not very realistic for it’s time setting. To me Halo looks equipment and military wise (Not planets we live on i know their was about sixteen at any time populated at humanity’s peak in halo ) like it’s set 100 years in the future if that /

So I guess my question is do you find Halo to be realistic for it’s time setting?

It isn’t huh? The human tech is believable, I like that

In a video game that has aliens, giant ring worlds, interstellar travel, A.I.s, define “realistic”.

> It isn’t huh? The human tech is believable, I like that

I’d find it believable if it wasnt set 500 years in the future rather earlier

Well, that’s obvious. 500 years, from present time, you look at it and their still using bullets, and not Phasers or Blasters, lol. TBH, i like Halo’s SciFi type. Its is indeed not too futuristic, but it does show a lot of technological advancements.
EDIT: Damn it, now i sound like Spock, writing and saying “technological” and almost said, “its Logical”. :stuck_out_tongue:

> In a video game that has aliens, giant ring worlds, interstellar travel, A.I.s, define “realistic”.

That’s true, but i think wat he meant was Humans using Laser excluding the Spartan Laser, but laser as in weapons used by humans in Star Trek, Star Wars, etc. In Halo, humans still use Weapons that require bullets, not Lasers or Energy.

Why would you write out five paragraphs to point out the blatantly obvious? And no, I wouldn’t want Halo to be “realistic” for it’s time period, however the hell you want to define that. If it were realistic, the UNSC would lose its’ uniqueness, its’ “human” feel, and there would be little to separate UNSC technology from forerunner or Covenant. Also, if it were “realistic”, there would be no human soldiers, just automated ones.

> In a video game that has aliens, giant ring worlds, interstellar travel, A.I.s, define “realistic”.

I was on strictly about the human things

> Well, that’s obvious. 500 years, from present time, you look at it and their still using bullets, and not Phasers or Blasters, lol. TBH, i like Halo’s SciFi type. Its is indeed not too futuristic, but it does show a lot of technological advancements.
> EDIT: Damn it, now i sound like Spock, writing and saying “technological” and almost said, “its Logical”. :stuck_out_tongue:

This. This times 3,000, times 3 billion!

So you know exactly how everything will look 500 years in the future?

I always thought that creating an AI from a cloned brain to be very futuristic.

> > In a video game that has aliens, giant ring worlds, interstellar travel, A.I.s, define “realistic”.
>
> I was on strictly about the human things

I thought the A.Is were a human thing as well.

> So you know exactly how everything will look 500 years in the future?

Never said that just said it seems to show very little development . even things in black ops 2 look more futuristic

Indeed its more in touch with modern times than Futuristic.

> > So you know exactly how everything will look 500 years in the future?
>
> Never said that just said it seems to show very little development . even things in black ops 2 look more futuristic

You said it isn’t very realistic for its time period. Based on what?

> > > In a video game that has aliens, giant ring worlds, interstellar travel, A.I.s, define “realistic”.
> >
> > I was on strictly about the human things
>
> I thought the A.Is were a human thing as well.

Sorry forget about the A.I’s yes but Mass effect is set earlier and has actually physical AI’s?

You’re about 12 years too late OP.

It’s for gameplay. Imagine instead of a pump-action shotgun with short range you’d have a fully auto shotgun that can shoot across the map.

In the halo timeline, humanity was never in any major wars after the 2100’s, so they concentrated more on expansion. The military there for the next 300 years was probably only for security and putting down any potentially dangerous threats. The Innies came in the late 2400’s, so the unsc had to adept to warfare again and it wasn’t till much longer the covenant showed up. And with the covies shooting down colonies at a rapid pace, the unsc is then losing tons of resources to advance their military technology. So therefore, they could only get more advanced really slowly.

What about MAC’s

These are the strongest non-nuclear weapon of the UNSC

> What about MAC’s
>
> http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090202053348/halo/images/7/77/Macstationcairolarge1ki.jpg
>
> These are the strongest non-nuclear weapon of the UNSC

I still see them as a financial disaster. but the actual concept of it isn’t really all that futuristic. As its just a gun with a bigger bullet.