Halo Irc?

Hello everyone! I was wondering if there was a main Halo Chat room? If there isn’t then maybe we should make one?

sounds decent.

would expect it to be filled with scrubs yelling ADAPT!!! though if anyone tries to start a discussion.

go on the thread Yo!

Yeah that can happen which is why it would have to be properly moderated. There was a chat room during the whole Iris ARG and it was pretty cool. We’d play custom games and chat about halo canon n such. Sadly the chats dead. I think it would be a nice place for people to gather to chat and make new friends and team mates.

I think maybe at special events it may be nice to have one so the forums won’t get hammered. Other than that though I am not sure one would be warranted.

Well It would probably work best if anyone can join in and chat. The difference is see from the forums and chat is that chat is instant. You put in what you wanna say and people can respond instantly. So a conversation about something can go by fast. Also you’ll be able to see who’s on at that moment. So a chat would be much more fast i guess would be the biggest difference.

> Well It would probably work best if anyone can join in and chat. The difference is see from the forums and chat is that chat is instant. You put in what you wanna say and people can respond instantly. So a conversation about something can go by fast. Also you’ll be able to see who’s on at that moment. So a chat would be much more fast i guess would be the biggest difference.

Thank you for the response. I thought of that after I posted so I changed what I wrote.

> > Well It would probably work best if anyone can join in and chat. The difference is see from the forums and chat is that chat is instant. You put in what you wanna say and people can respond instantly. So a conversation about something can go by fast. Also you’ll be able to see who’s on at that moment. So a chat would be much more fast i guess would be the biggest difference.
>
> Thank you for the response. I thought of that after I posted so I changed what I wrote.

Indeed :slight_smile:

Well I think I’d like to give this a go. Anyone here on the forums wanna give me a hand? Someone who’s tech savvy. I’m not too much I’d wanna make sure this chat works right and we’re to keep it safe also.

It sounds like an awesome idea, however the maturity levels of some people would ruin it. It would require 24/7 eagle-eyed monitoring by a moderator, a job no one would want to have. It won’t happen on 343i’s site, for sure.

However, an unaffiliated Halo chat room would be awesome if set up correctly.

Yes although there probably wouldn’t be enough people on deck to monitor it 24/7. But when mods are on it should be ok. I think a lot of people act the way they do on forums is because they feel they can get away with it. With chat people can be perma banned and whatnot. It just depends on how the community would react to it. I’m going to see about getting it set up when I can find someone up for the task or getting everything set up and safe for people to use. I can also help bridge the gaps between different sections of the community also.