HALO INSIDER NOT WORKING

I got invited to the flight test today. Keen as a bean to start playing, I follow the instructions in the app and it opens the window above, according to Task Manager nothing is downloading either.

Apparently the whole file size is only 10.7 MB or similar?

Just wondering what I can do to actually play the game, also logging into the new support site with the exact same account I was invited on lands me on an ‘access denied’ page.

1 Like

> 2535426327681464;1:
> https://i.imgur.com/LzNpfYL.png
>
> I got invited to the flight test today. Keen as a bean to start playing, I follow the instructions in the app and it opens the window above, according to Task Manager nothing is downloading either.
>
> Apparently the whole file size is only 10.7 MB or similar?
>
> Just wondering what I can do to actually play the game, also logging into the new support site with the exact same account I was invited on lands me on an ‘access denied’ page.

Are you sure you logged in with your Insider email address (the one that received the email)? There’s no reason why you should get ‘access denied’ if that’s the case. Try logging in using an incognito window to make sure it doesn’t automatically log you into the wrong account.

The file size should be 10.77 GB. When I tried installing it first it did the same thing. I had to poke around my downloads/installs, click ‘install on my devices’ or something similar, THEN download it. A bit finicky but it’s downloading the full file now.

Hey mate, just tried your suggestion of logging into an incognito window,
I am 100% sure I am using the same e-mail I received the invite from. I tried it again and access denied.
The “approximate size” at the bottom of the Halo MCC Insider thing under additional information shows the filesize as 10.77MB.

I launch the app and I get stuck on the splash screen I showed above. Also I can’t find where the file would be downloaded, as there’s no “Microsoft Store” folder in any of my Program Files folder…

Not exactly sure what the go is!! :frowning:

EDIT

I type “Halo MCC” in the Start menu to try and find where its installed (it doesn’t show me) and here is what it shows me when I click “settings” - https://i.imgur.com/hZy4qfY.png

It should also be noted that I was never prompted to actually install anything, ever, it just shows that I have “already installed” the 10.77MB file and it allows me to hit “play” and run the splash screen that does nothing!
Any support would be greatly appreciate

I am checking Reddit and people are saying “make sure you’re logged into the same account in the Microsoft store…”
I am 200000% logged into the same account. I tried relogging into the MS store, nothing. Access denied to support.halowaypoint.com is persisting also.

I just uninstalled through Windows and reinstall, and the download is still 10.12 Megabytes, seems like reinstalling fixed it for someone else on Reddit but isn’t doing anything for me.

I’ve tried repairing it through windows, uninstalling 5/6 times, logging in and out of Microsoft store. NOTHING is working to get me the correct file rather than a 10.12 MB splash screen to look at.

Hey OP. For future reference, please don’t post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post.

Regarding your issue, make sure and read over the info in your Insider email. Check the known issues list and file a bug report if you think it’s a bug. From what I have read so far though, it sounds like you are not logged into the correct account when accessing the store. Needs to be the same account your use for the Insider program