Halo Infinity: A game model like Destiny?

So, as the announcement trailer is heavy of showing beautiful locations, an open landscape and a title that says it all, is Halo 6 going to be released as an initial base game with additional content/DLC adding as time goes on? Especially as this is the end game to 343’s trilogy it’s seems the logical game to do so. And it makes for a very effective business model (I mean who doesn’t want to be the first to know what is around the corner for 117?) How do you feel like the game will be modelled? A complete open world exploration? A Set amount of Campaign missions with a more classic halo feel? Or additional content that is possibly funded through req packs? Interested to hear your thoughts…

I think the idea of a single player open world game would probably need some DLC here and there, but the game should be ok with not needing story DLC every 3 months like destiny, since that game is more multiplayer PVE focused.

That is if the game is even open world. I think we would need to know more about the game to get more specific speculations.

Just as long as they don’t charge 100$ in dlc per copy of the game like destiny.

> 2533274864296810;1:
> So, as the announcement trailer is heavy of showing beautiful locations, an open landscape and a title that says it all, is Halo 6 going to be released as an initial base game with additional content/DLC adding as time goes on? Especially as this is the end game to 343’s trilogy it’s seems the logical game to do so. And it makes for a very effective business model (I mean who doesn’t want to be the first to know what is around the corner for 117?) How do you feel like the game will be modelled? A complete open world exploration? A Set amount of Campaign missions with a more classic halo feel? Or additional content that is possibly funded through req packs? Interested to hear your thoughts…

I believe that they announced over a year ago that it’s not a trilogy anymore, it’s a saga.

I’m perfectly fine with dlc.Loved the Halo Wars 2 dlc,more missions and longer Campaign is awesome!

I know this might so sound strange but I’d rather look towards Battlefront 5’s plan instead of Destiny plus the way Bungie handled Destiny made me not trust them, I’m sort of glad they didn’t stay with Halo because I think Halo 5 might have been just as bad Destiny if Bungie had continued due to some of the more shady things they did and how they treated Martin O’donnell.

So what they should do is make all of the armours unlock-able, maybe even free dlc but have no loot box’s or costly dlc and then just make skins optional for purchase, that way the game gets a steady income, the fans don’t have to worry about split community’s or annoying loot box’s. Also more thing REQ should never return since P2W modes are the worst parts of modern Halo games.

If it is, which honestly i kind of hope it’s not, there are definitely a few things i hope they do differently.

So as long as its real dlc (more story with new areas) at a reasonable price I’m in

The last thing Halo needs right now is to try and copy other games, especially not other that have been moderately received. That is exactly what made Halo 4 (an otherwise fantastic game) fail commercially.

In order to succeed, Halo needs to be Halo.

Halo 5’s multiplayer did that, and is considered almost unanimously to be one of the best MPs in the series. Halo has become a lesser brand in the market- the kind of brand that, by copying others, only does a negative effect and decreases potential sales. Because the gamers that are excited for Halo today aren’t and never will be the CoD/Battlefield, Destiny/Division or PUBG/Fortnite crowds. Infinite will succeed by standing out, rather than conforming to any current trend.

And certainly, the Destiny formula would be a bad fit. The industry is chock full of its Destinies, Anthems, Divisions and Fallout 76s. The Halo campaign has always had and should always have (barring potential spinoffs, of course) a story-first approach. A semi-MMO framework simply does not allow that to be done properly.

If open world really is the direction they’re headed for (which, though interesting, I highly doubt), then it should be more like the Tomb Raider reboots. Yes, the world is open and you have numerous exploration activities and side contect- but it’s all in the backdrop of the larger story, which is at the center of the stage. Involving a shared world with random Spartans jumping around and dozens of DLC just doesn’t make sense to me- and I think they should focus on delivering a long, rewarding and complete single player experience. That is, rather than fixing something that was never broken to begin with.

SP wise I’d expect them to simply do what every other halo has done, a 5-12 hour campaign and that’s it, no dlc.

MP wise I’d expect them to continue their “free” dlc funded by reqs.

If they did the destiny model I.E. live service, I would drop the game instantly.

I just want a normal Halo game that’s finished with everything on release.

No “live services”, no REQ packs, no “DLC plans” to “stretch the lifespan” (AKA cut content to release later), no Destiny style world.

Regular. Halo. Game.
OG trilogy style.

I didn’t like Destiny, so if it is an open world then I hope it’s much more unique when compared to Destiny.

I would honestly prefer Infinite’s campaign to represent the map sizes of Halo 3, but slightly larger with more options on ways to go and places to explore. A structured path on where to go is the best bet, but just not quite as confined and closed in as the campaigns felt in H4 and H5.

I would be perfectly fine with dlc’s for multiplayer map packs, so long as they are not maps that the 343 team made on forge like what was done on Halo 5.

I am hoping for Halo meets Breath of the Wild. A huge open world with a solid story that you don’t need to unlock in a specific linear path, and they could pack in all the crazy lore and side stories they want for the people who want to look for it.

I just want a normal halo game. I think halo 6 is a way to end the story line the 343 made and set a new stage. But they will also bring halo back to its roots in someway

Hopefully it won’t be like destiny or anything just halo I dont think it will be fun