Halo Infinite's tight deadline

Assuming that the next time we’re going to see anything substantial about Halo Infinite is going to in July, it’s safe to say that 343 is cutting it real close. Think about it, by July they’ve got four or so months to do a proper gameplay reveal/demo, a beta, and marketing all at once? I’m not saying it can’t be done, but it’s just seems a little unusual.

Unusual, sure, but I’d rather they take their time to do it right and release a solid game. At least this time around there is no misleading marketing. The lack of any sort of marketing seems to be working in 343i’s favor as it is creating this mystery about why there is so much silence about the game. So, in a way, this is a powerful marketing strategy. If Infinite gets delayed, so be it. Again, better to have a solid and full game on day one rather than a half-finished beta test like what many other developers pass off as a game. I just hope MS and 343i follow through.

The whole world is a bit unusual right now. Just like many of us, 343i and Microsoft have had to adapt. If Corona virus wasn’t a thing, we would have seen Infinite at E3 this past week.
Also, I imagine it’s hard to put a Beta together while working from home. I fear that the beta will be too late and meaningful feedback will not be applied due to time constraints. However, 343i has around 450 employees. I’d hope at this stage they’re all participating in secret “Internal” Infinite game nights. Add an unknown amount of Microsoft employees and you have a decent population to test the game. Not ideal of course, but it’s something.

Marketing wise, I don’t think it’s too late. Much of the marketing is done close to the game’s launch anyway and that’s not till, I assume, November. So once we see the demo in July I’d expect the Marketing to kick into high gear.

> 2533274968894951;1:
> Assuming that the next time we’re going to see anything substantial about Halo Infinite is going to in July, it’s safe to say that 343 is cutting it real close. Think about it, by July they’ve got four or so months to do a proper gameplay reveal/demo, a beta, and marketing all at once? I’m not saying it can’t be done, but it’s just seems a little unusual.

I think that it might seem like a tight deadline. But in reality they have had 2 extra years making this game than the typical Halo. They’ve known for a while now that they were going to release this game with next gen. Probably as long ago as 2 to 3 years before the actual release of the game. In my opinion that’s a lot of time to plan your marketing strategy.

Marketing is not done by 343, a beta is unlikely to happen, and a proper game reveal really only needs a week to a month. Given those tid bits of reality, its not really not bloated of a development/launch window

> 2533274840624875;5:
> Marketing is not done by 343, a beta is unlikely to happen, and a proper game reveal really only needs a week to a month. Given those tid bits of reality, its not really not bloated of a development/launch window

A beta must happen. Microsoft specifically stated that ‘no Halo game will ever release without a beta from now on’ after MCC’s disastrous launch.

Due to the lack of time that 343 has, I bet they’re probably going to do the same thing they did with Halo 5. Release the game early, but have a constant stream of updates loaded with new modes, features, and more afterwards. Maybe not the greatest method, but effective nonetheless.

> 2533274968894951;1:
> Assuming that the next time we’re going to see anything substantial about Halo Infinite is going to in July, it’s safe to say that 343 is cutting it real close. Think about it, by July they’ve got four or so months to do a proper gameplay reveal/demo, a beta, and marketing all at once? I’m not saying it can’t be done, but it’s just seems a little unusual.

Gameplay reveal better be in July. I’m going to be so disappointed if it’s not. Beta will literally just be a stress test, it’ll be too late to be anything else except find day one bugs to patch. I imagine the marketing campaign is already laid out and just having the finishing touches applied and will start airing shortly after the reveal in July.

> 2533274968894951;6:
> > 2533274840624875;5:
> > Marketing is not done by 343, a beta is unlikely to happen, and a proper game reveal really only needs a week to a month. Given those tid bits of reality, its not really not bloated of a development/launch window
>
> A beta must happen. Microsoft specifically stated that ‘no Halo game will ever release without a beta from now on’ after MCC’s disastrous launch.

ya, its not going too. If it does its a demo, not a beta

> 2533274968894951;6:
> > 2533274840624875;5:
> > Marketing is not done by 343, a beta is unlikely to happen, and a proper game reveal really only needs a week to a month. Given those tid bits of reality, its not really not bloated of a development/launch window
>
> A beta must happen. Microsoft specifically stated that ‘no Halo game will ever release without a beta from now on’ after MCC’s disastrous launch.

That’s in a perfect world, I don’t think Covid-19 and working from home was an issue when they released that statement. I’m hopeful that we get flights or a beta, but I won’t be surprised if we only get a stress test this year.