Halo Infinite's Radar - Not a Fan

And the same can be said for the other person as well. If you can see and plan off what they are doing then they are fully capable of doing the same back to you. So your point is irrelevant because it isn’t a one-sided change.

I guess i didn’t really illustrate my point very well. yes you can use crouch walking to juke and what not, but it slows the game down more than I like. I would prefer to have my out maneuvering to be fast with the standard movement without having to worry about somebody seeing everything on their radar. that’s me personally though.

it’s also not 100% random, like you mentioned there are many other factors like grenades, power weapons, team mate positions, objectives, and health levels that you can use to predict what somebody is going to do. I just used the rock as a simple analogy to describe why I don’t like motion tracking.

1 Like

I’m not saying that the motion tracker as an idea is unbalanced , I’m saying I don’t like what its effect on gameplay. But I can see how you may have misinterpreted what I said.

1 Like

If you don’t like it then don’t use it. Some of us actually use it for tactical advantage. Halo isn’t just a run and gun game. Especially during one sided defense missions like One-Flag CTF tracking enemies around corners or on different levels can the difference between success and failure.

Well it’s not really a choice, I have to use the radar. if I don’t I’m putting myself at a disadvantage compared to everyone else. That’s my problem with it, I’d rather it be used as a tool to direct people to engagements than a tool to win engagements.

Yeah I see what you’re saying; I guess that’s the difference is for me, when things are that fast I feel like because I can’t hear what’s going on, I can’t react in time if I don’t have radar. Even things like the sound of a grenade bouncing, other people say they can hear it but I can’t. I like the larger radar for that reason; it makes me feel like I’m on more even ground.

I will say though, playing ranked in this game isn’t too bad so far. Though I expect that is just because the people who are really serious and have the nice headphones and such aren’t the only ones I play against yet.

Radar is useless as is, which is exactly what 343i wants. They tried to take it out for the Technical Preview because the pros say it’s cheap but the fans pushed back hard so they reinstated it but just in a totally concession, lackluster sort of way. It needs to be expanded in terms of range.

2 Likes

Very much agree with that. I hope 343 doesn;t try to cater to pros in terms of radar; pros can play comp where there is no radar. People like me who’s ears don’t work need the radar to see lol.

I also really hope they make the radar bigger, just in terms of the UI.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s another good point that no one’s brought up (at least from what I’ve heard). It’s just super small on your HUD in general.

1 Like

Exactly. I don’t understand why 343 is trying so hard to slowly phase out the radar.

1 Like

Radar is one of the things i disliked the most. I swear its not 18m sometimes lol.

Considering the sword lunge seems to be larger than it, I’d readily agree. I’ve been killed by more than a few swords today in Fiesta that I never saw on my motion tracker.

my problems with it are that it seems to be way too short, since i can see an enemy clear as day a few yards away but they dont come up on the radar, and also that the radar itself is way too small and not really in a good place, to the point i didnt even notice it was there till the final day of the second flight, and i only ever seriously needed to check and use it when i made a custom gamemode, never needed it once in average gameplay

1 Like

it feels like the range of the radar is shorter, probably because it is. but so far, in infinite, it has been completely useless. i’m also going to point out that the issues with the radar might also come from the rest of the HUD. i mean i’m having to stare in the same bottom right corner for… ammo, weapons, grenades, and abilities. with the old HUDS, i could check what grenades i have active whiles also having the radar in field of view and quick access with less to worry about in one spot. or checking on how long my ability has left, while having full view of the radar. i can just flick my eyes from one corner, to the next and next in a sorta pattern getting quick info. or just looking a pixel down. with infinite, by the time i’m done getting the info of the cluster of info in the right corner… it’s already too late on the radar

Radar is so trash man. I can’t ads sometimes because I feel like since my FOV is covered with scopes I can’t tell if someones getting the jump on me. By the time I see them I’m dead. It is so infuriating.

1 Like

Wait…There’s radar in Infinite? Doesn’t seem to be working for me lolol.

1 Like

The radar is just as bad in H5. EIGHTEEN METERS IS NOT FIFTEEN FEET! Maybe an exaggeration, but think of it this way. Go to the shooting range, see those barricades at 20m? That’s just outside of radar range. You can detect vehicles from way past 18 meters, but you’ll often be blind sided by a player who’s just as often within sword/ shotgun rushing distance who somehow doesn’t show up until 9 meters from you.

Makes me wonder why we even have it when it doesn’t even work.

1 Like

It’s hilarious to stand in a corner and watch people run right past you because the radar doesn’t work, don’t believe me? Give it a try

Exactly. practically no time to react when being rushed.

It’s not because it’s a beta, they did this before. And it was even worse in the Flight. They seem to want it useless in going with the industry trend.

1 Like