Halo Infinite's Multiplayer Worries Me

So, I’m worried about Halo Infinite’s multiplayer for multiple reasons. First of all, we’ve seen almost not one thing about it, besides an image of a single multiplayer map. This makes me worry that it is incomplete and that we might be missing some things at launch. Sure, there’s been a fair share of esports teams talking about Halo Infinite’s MP but the game was officially revealed almost 4 years ago now, and we haven’t even seen anything about official about MP besides a single map. I still have my hopes up for Infinite but I just wish they would give us some more information especially with it being free to play. Another thing that worries me is about it being FTP. I love the idea of FTP Halo, because if the campaign fails (I don’t think it will, but only an if) then people can always play the multiplayer for free if they want to refund the full game with the campaign. That’s good, but it worries me that they’ll sacrifice multiplayer content in order to make things like microtransactions and different ways to monetize the multiplayer since it’s free to play. Maybe I’m worrying too much, but I just can’t deny the fact that we just haven’t heard enough about multiplayer.

The fact we haven’t seen anything from the multiplayer worries me as well, but I’m confident 343i will pull through.

I think that the main reason that we haven’t heard anything about Infinite’s multiplayer is simply because the game was delayed. Before the delay, they were going to talk about multiplayer just a few weeks after the July demo. I think after the delay they decided to give us a deeper dive into the more technical aspects of the game through the Inside Infinite blogs as a way to pass the time until they could restart the marketing campaign this summer. In terms of the game being free to play, I agree that it certainly is a fine line to walk between the microtransactions being fair and being predatory. I think being free to play will result in a larger audience for Halo’s multiplayer which can only be a good thing, and if they make us pay for special skins or something I personally am ok with that, as long as there are also ways to get those skins through just gameplay. I am with you that the wait has been long and I too am waiting for any kind of news on multiplayer as well. Don’t worry the wait can’t be too much longer.

Honestly we are due for a multiplayer Inside Infinite.

We are now just on 2 months to E3.

343 would be silly to fire any major shots between now and then.

But then hopefully it goes off.

I would guess that we will receive more information about Halo Infinite when we gets closer to launch date. It should not be viewed as something unexpected when the game devs are highly secretive about the development process and the features in the game.

I mean, after the last reveal I really don’t mind that they’re now going to take their time to try and get this right. The only aspect I’m worried about is that it’ll be free-to-play and the consequences of what that’ll entail gameplay-wise besides cosmetics. Lets hope it’s worth the wait though!

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274890152011;2:
> but I’m confident 343i will pull through.

LMAO

All of them worry me however Halo 5 was great and gives me hope.

The MP will likely have a battlepass and premium cosmetics to spend real money on.
Battlepass makes the most sense since MP is free and it’s a 10 year game so I’m expecting seasonal content and battlepasses

> 2533274992796536;10:
> The MP will likely have a battlepass and premium cosmetics to spend real money on.
> Battlepass makes the most sense since MP is free and it’s a 10 year game so I’m expecting seasonal content and battlepasses

I’d be fine with a battlepass, since at least it’s a one time payment every month or so and you don’t have to spend 10 dollars and up every time you want to get things like in Halo 5 with the gold and limited time req packs.

I’m worried that Infinite’s MP will be hyper competitive-focused and not fun like Halo 5’s MP

> 2535452730169969;12:
> I’m worried that Infinite’s MP will be hyper competitive and not fun like Halo 5’s MP

I’m not sure I get your drift.

There will surely be social, ranked, and customs.

Hopefully plenty of areas to find the mind-set you’re looking for.

Or are you talking about specific aspects of the game mechanics?

But yes, I agree wholeheartedly. Halo 5’s MP is fun.

> 2585548714655118;13:
> > 2535452730169969;12:
> > I’m worried that Infinite’s MP will be hyper competitive and not fun like Halo 5’s MP
>
> I’m not sure I get your drift.
>
> There will surely be social, ranked, and customs.
>
> Hopefully plenty of areas to find the mind-set you’re looking for.
>
> Or are you talking about specific aspects of the game mechanics?
>
> But yes, I agree wholeheartedly. Halo 5’s MP is fun.

I can see what ThelVadam224 is worried about. I do think there will be social, ranked, and customs. I think the main concern that he has comes from the fact that the only multiplayer details besides the map image we got, was from esports teams and about the esports side, although I may be wrong. But knowing 343, I don’t think they would go this far and make the game solely based on esports and catered towards esports players, as we’ve seen that completely KILL games in the past (a good example of this would be fortnite, I personally never liked the game but as soon as they put the focus on esports and left casual players in the dust, the game lost a huge amount of players). I see where he’s coming from, but I do think that Infinite will have all the playlists that we’ve seen in previous halos.

I’m not surprised they haven’t shown it off. The Return of Classic Movement Mechanics has consistently been on the front page of this forum for almost 3 years straight. That’s crazy when you think about.

I’m sure they know by now that once they show it off, no matter what it is, they’re going to alienate some players. I’d bet they’re trying to reel people in with everything else before confirming one way or another how it plays. Whenever they do, they want to make sure the community is as invested as possible to minimize anyone jumping ship over it.

I am concerned that the MP will be poor and the player base will just die off just like Halo 4 and 5.

> 2533274977144832;1:
> So, I’m worried about Halo Infinite’s multiplayer for multiple reasons. First of all, we’ve seen almost not one thing about it, besides an image of a single multiplayer map. This makes me worry that it is incomplete and that we might be missing some things at launch. Sure, there’s been a fair share of esports teams talking about Halo Infinite’s MP but the game was officially revealed almost 4 years ago now, and we haven’t even seen anything about official about MP besides a single map. I still have my hopes up for Infinite but I just wish they would give us some more information especially with it being free to play. Another thing that worries me is about it being FTP. I love the idea of FTP Halo, because if the campaign fails (I don’t think it will, but only an if) then people can always play the multiplayer for free if they want to refund the full game with the campaign. That’s good, but it worries me that they’ll sacrifice multiplayer content in order to make things like microtransactions and different ways to monetize the multiplayer since it’s free to play. Maybe I’m worrying too much, but I just can’t deny the fact that we just haven’t heard enough about multiplayer.

I’m worried too… I want a winning game but a screenshot is not going to do much… We need a beta or game play… It’s way too late to worry though bc it is too deep in the development process to make changes… I suspect that they are worried too… Bc if they release a beta to negative feedback… It’s a one half billion dollar failure and… That’s nuff said

I’m not really concerned about it. I’m confident 343i knows what they’re doing.
I’ve enjoyed all their games, that’s just me.
Besides, they’re waiting like almost every other studio would wait for E3 reveal.
Time will tell. :slight_smile:

Hopefully they show what the multiplayer has in store for us in June of this this year. If they don’t show that, then at least they’ll present some of the updated campaign gameplay.

Until we know exactly what F2P multiplayer means I’m going to have low expectations. F2P games are always monetized to all hell to the point where it hurts the experience of the actual game. The positives of F2P almost never out weigh to negatives.