Halo Infinite Wishlist

Halo Infinite: Wishlist

The Goal: My intent with this post is to give CLEAR feedback on what the fans hopes and desires are for the currently in development Halo: Infinite.
The point of this is to give 343 the no nonsense wishes of the fans without muddying the waters.
What we want: The Full Package
-A beta, an early one at least 5 months before launch so feedback can be implemented in development rather than post-launch patches.
-Fully featured launch with all staple Halo gamemodes and features.
-All the staple weapons and vehicles.
-Forge, theater [in every mode], file share, customs browser, firefight. [AT LAUNCH]
-PERMANENT classic playlists in matchmaking are also clearly needed.
-Infection, assault/grifball, race, juggernaut, btb, oddball, headhunter, stockpile, VIP, koth, insane gametype. [AT LAUNCH]
-Playable Elites, H3/reach style vote/veto matchmaking, reach style customization[Helmet/visor/chest/each shoulder/legs/wrists,accessories/armor effects], customizable emblems, split-screen, 1-50 ranking, reach style daily/weekly challenges. [AT LAUNCH]
-Grav hammer, plasma rifle, concussion/brute shot, spike grenades. [AT LAUNCH]
-Falcon, chopper, hornet, revanant, elephant [on btb maps], forklift. [AT LAUNCH]
-No chance based lootboxes[req packs] (up front cosmetics are acceptable),
-No warzone [it was a massive development resource sink that took away from the rest of the game and was blatantly pay4power]
If 343 can deliver on this then we can boot up Infinite on launch night and say “Halo is back.”

Add your own suggestions.

• No Spartan abilities
  • Playable Prometheans
  • AI in Forge
  • Bring back equipment or even armor abilities
  • Brutes
  • Flood
  • Dual wielding
  • No pay2win microtransactions
  • Add sprint as an optional pickup like in Reach

> 2533274977253120;2:
> - No Spartan abilities
> - Playable Prometheans
> - AI in Forge
> - Bring back equipment or even armor abilities
> - Brutes
> - Flood
> - Dual wielding
> - No pay2win microtransactions
> - Add sprint as an optional pickup like in Reach

I like the abilities. They make sensesense.

Playable Prometheans? I want whatever your doc gave you.

Everything else I agree with, except pay to win. I don’t understand this concept of Halo 5 being pay to win. I’ve bought maybe 5 Gold packs my whole span for cosmetic unlocks because I’m impatient.

Never in my Halo 5 career have I needed to pay to get an edge on other players. I sell half of what I get in req packs anyway, it all converts to points which I spend on more packs. Nothing I get in packs matters in anything other than Warzone, except cosmetics. And they’re just that, cosmetic. They look cool. So where does this mentality of pay to win even come from? Someone explain.

> 2535414041828986;3:
> > 2533274977253120;2:
> > - No Spartan abilities
> > - Playable Prometheans
> > - AI in Forge
> > - Bring back equipment or even armor abilities
> > - Brutes
> > - Flood
> > - Dual wielding
> > - No pay2win microtransactions
> > - Add sprint as an optional pickup like in Reach
>
> I like the abilities. They make sensesense.
>
> Playable Prometheans? I want whatever your doc gave you.
>
> Everything else I agree with, except pay to win. I don’t understand this concept of Halo 5 being pay to win. I’ve bought maybe 5 Gold packs my whole span for cosmetic unlocks because I’m impatient.
>
> Never in my Halo 5 career have I needed to pay to get an edge on other players. I sell half of what I get in req packs anyway, it all converts to points which I spend on more packs. Nothing I get in packs matters in anything other than Warzone, except cosmetics. And they’re just that, cosmetic. They look cool. So where does this mentality of pay to win even come from? Someone explain.

What’s wrong with a playable Promethean? I think they look cool and would make a great optional skin.

I never said Halo 5’s req packs were pay2win and I agree they aren’t. I just hope they don’t make them like that in Infinite.

> 2535414041828986;3:
> > 2533274977253120;2:
> > - No Spartan abilities
> > - Playable Prometheans
> > - AI in Forge
> > - Bring back equipment or even armor abilities
> > - Brutes
> > - Flood
> > - Dual wielding
> > - No pay2win microtransactions
> > - Add sprint as an optional pickup like in Reach
>
> I like the abilities. They make sensesense.
>
> So where does this mentality of pay to win even come from? Someone explain.

They offer the player who’s willing to pay more chances of better reqs, no ifs, buts, or maybe. The player with more cash has the chance for more weapons from reqs. Is it pay to win ? Not quite. Does it add a pay to win element to Halo ? Yes, imo. Like you it’s something I don’t support, but others do, if the reqs are in Halo Infinite in the same way, I’m out. No more Halo.

I think to center in on the biggest thing I want to see from Infinite is grand scale, both in single and multiplayer. I think this is something Halo multiplayer does really well already with Big Team of course, but also Invasion from Reach, Dominion from Halo 4, and Warzone from Halo5, but both of those did have their shortcomings. But I think that the single player has been in favor of more linear level design, and I think they haven’t quite tapped into the feeling that the mission Halo from CE had, as well as the Ark from Halo 3, they felt like such large landscapes and epic battles, but were grounded enough to be playable

• Halo 3 style ranking system with actual rank titles instead of numbers or types of colours. Also no season style ranking - bigger variety of maps instead of corridor shooters - Actual BTB maps. I don’t mind community made maps but that shouldn’t be the only thing for that mode. - just a small one but…ABSOLUTELY NO SPARTAN CHARGE, most annoyed feature of Halo 5 - Playable elites - AI in forge would be an awesome addition - A good mix of old armour style with new armour style. I like armour from bothAlso doubt it would be put in the game, but contrary to popular opinion I think it would be cool to have a PROPER hub world of some sort where you can have your spartan walking around interacting with different people or doing some side objectives. I say proper because the kind like COD WW2 was bad but a good one strictly for just interacting or even doing some small events would be cool. It could even multiple in different locations like one on Infinity, sanghelios, earth, etc.

> 2533274884571925;7:
> - Halo 3 style ranking system with actual rank titles instead of numbers or types of colours. Also no season style ranking - bigger variety of maps instead of corridor shooters - Actual BTB maps. I don’t mind community made maps but that shouldn’t be the only thing for that mode. - just a small one but…ABSOLUTELY NO SPARTAN CHARGE, most annoyed feature of Halo 5 - Playable elites - AI in forge would be an awesome addition - A good mix of old armour style with new armour style. I like armour from bothAlso doubt it would be put in the game, but contrary to popular opinion I think it would be cool to have a PROPER hub world of some sort where you can have your spartan walking around interacting with different people or doing some side objectives. I say proper because the kind like COD WW2 was bad but a good one strictly for just interacting or even doing some small events would be cool. It could even multiple in different locations like one on Infinity, sanghelios, earth, etc.

I agree with Spartan Charge being the worst!

And I also think a Hub World can be a cool element added to the Multiplayer. I loved in Halo 4 that they gave the multiplayer a small story. War Games, a place for Spartans to simulate combat. I think bringing this back and offer a Hub World for the main menu would be pretty cool

> 2592250499819446;5:
> > 2535414041828986;3:
> > > 2533274977253120;2:
> > > - No Spartan abilities
> > > - Playable Prometheans
> > > - AI in Forge
> > > - Bring back equipment or even armor abilities
> > > - Brutes
> > > - Flood
> > > - Dual wielding
> > > - No pay2win microtransactions
> > > - Add sprint as an optional pickup like in Reach
> >
> > I like the abilities. They make sensesense.
> >
> > So where does this mentality of pay to win even come from? Someone explain.
>
> They offer the player who’s willing to pay more chances of better reqs, no ifs, buts, or maybe. The player with more cash has the chance for more weapons from reqs. Is it pay to win ? Not quite. Does it add a pay to win element to Halo ? Yes, imo. Like you it’s something I don’t support, but others do, if the reqs are in Halo Infinite in the same way, I’m out. No more Halo.

But you also earn them via points and doing good. So I still fail to see an issue.

Here’s a breakdown, I work as a contractor. I only have a few hours at night to play, if that. Most of my time is spent working or sleeping, yet I open an average of 2 Gold packs every day. Why? I balance my points, and Warzone awards you Gold for doing good. I’ve not spent money on Golds since forever, and again, NOTHING awarded goes into Ranked matches, just Warzone. And the rewards I get are on par with everyone else.

Point: I still don’t see how its pay to win. If gold reqs were paywall only, than yeah. But as far as I’ve found the paywall stuff is classic armors, weapon paints and other cosmetics.

good soundtrack as well.

For Warzone:

• Customizable Pre-Loadouts for Every REQ Level: i.e. If I hit level 5 Req level, instead of Selecting H2BR, Kinetic Bolt SMG, and Speed Booster Armor Mod individually as the game progresses, I would like to have the option to select my “Level 5 ‘iTs Heavies’ Loadout”. This saves a lot of time and headache each game. Halo 4 had customizable loadouts so Halo Infinite should too.

• Ability to Mass Sell Reqs - If not in the game, at least provide the ability to sell mass Reqs on halowaypoint without the need for a 3rd party chrome extension. - Ability to Mount Handheld Turrets to Scout Warthogs - Core Destruction Bonus (either XP or REQ) to discourage farming - Randomized AI bosses and/or Bosses that are map interactive. Bosses should move to different parts of the map if they are still alive. - There should be a REQ that allows you to deploy a group of AI marines (like a warthog convoy, equipped spartans for base defense, or specialized tactical teams. - If you select a REQ weapon, vehicle, or ability to spawn in and the game ends before you enter the battlefield, that REQ should go back in the inventory. - Remove the option to enter an enemy’s turret on a tank or wraith when you are trying to board it. - Add another base territory to the maps. Currently, on certain maps (Escape from ARC/Skirmish at Darkstar) it is way too easy for the team that captured the middle base to onslaught the final last base. Adding another base provides more opportunities for the game to be extended/won by both teams. - Lone Wolf searching players should be matched against other lone wolf searching players, especially when the population is healthy

No sprint or spartan abilities.

There are already a number of active wish list topic available, feel free to use any of the existing ones