Halo infinite will be a failure

After digging a little deeper into what the halo community was like, I discovered that anything 343 does is wrong. and 343 believes it, since their sales depend on them.
Seriously, if 343 does anything other than like Halo 2 or Halo 3, the community gets mad, etc.
It is Saying the same thing will always happen, in My Case thicken a Stay tuned to the news of New Games in Halo Reach, is to get angry at the Designs, that because he was not a master chief, that the armor skills, that the bloom , etc.
Halo 4: not bungie development, not the same uneven designs the game, the campaign is not faithful to the game, etc.
Halo 5: Campaign trash (that is true, but the best thing about that failure is to include a blue team is the best and in cooperative being able to choose who to play with), that the multiplayer makes me dizzy, that it is uneven, that it doesn’t gives value to armor, which is a junk war zone because I’m a novice, etc.
The Same Will Happen As Fanboys Want It To Be Halo 2 or Halo 3 2, if that had been the case we currently have nothing to fight about in that regard.

Halo will never again be a success thanks to this incompressible community, but in the end the only ones who don’t have a halo are those who will only play 2 and 3 or even range.
I always see the stats and not play in the 5 WTF, it’s like they offer to play pacman or a 2020 first person shooter and the boomer chooses the pacman because he is a legend.
Well, currently, however, halo is a good game and everyone has its essence, if you want to play a classic you play it to remember that it was perfect until you realize that the game is outdated, all that have come out and been very good currently I think that The best multiplayer is Halo 5.

PS: -I asked why they hate reqs, and I wonder if only some of us have the ability to get them for free, or with play time.

  • o Because the movements or gameplay of halo 5 is rubbish or very complex, I do not play fornite because it is one of the most complex juices in my history, how can that child master it?
    -Because 70% of the respondents are noobs?
  • Because halo reach is Beautiful, Halo 3 is a bellesa, Halo 2 is a Bug, because halo CE is legend, Halo 3: Odst is An experience, because halo wars is a challenge, Because Halo 2 wars is pay to win, Por that halo 4 is a change, because halo 5 is a disappointment, because infinite halo is salvation.
  • Why not just enjoy the work of 343?
  • Why are halo fanboys bald? %
  • Because you want to go back to the past and not enjoy the future of the franchise.
  • Why is the most recent multiplayer always the best?
    -Because they say the answer is OP?
    _ _ because they hate skins?
    Why do they hate weapon variants?
    Why warzone?
    Why do the elites want, if that is more uneven than a spnkr prime vs a magnum?
    Haha, the truth inspires me, I’m going to make a video about it.

They know something Halo 5 is the best game ever and halo 3 is overrated.
OK, not if halo infinite had the essence of the Halo 1, 2, 3 campaign, Odst, reach.
The design of halo 3 and reach, customization, armor, enemy, weapons, etc.
And the halo 4 multiplayer … well no, just the one in Halo 5 since it is the definitive improvement of Halo 4 although things are strange.
will be the chosen one to revive Halo.
PS: it is translated with the Google translator

First one I let go because of translate. Now you’re just spewing nonsense and not at all arguing with any of the points fans make. Are you going to actually make an argument or just come here to scream at people who don’t prefer Halo 5?

Personally, I’ve played almost a week in Halo 5 (of time, I’ve owned it for years). And I happen to prefer older Halos because they are far better constructed (in my opinion, as well as a lot of others’). You point out the obvious, which is that the community is fractured, but who made it that way? Do you think the community split on purpose just to hate on something? 343 split the community by providing completely different experiences that destroyed the franchise’s identity. You need to directly address arguments instead of beating the -Yoink- out of strawmen.

A lot in the community have disdain for the 343 games because they launched without content, focused on MTX, 5 had a bad campaign, 4 had bad multiplayer, MCC was broken for years, and now MCC is struggling a bit on PC. So there are certainly valid reasons for criticism. You can’t dismiss them by calling classic Halo fans “bald” (I’m definitely not bald).

It’s like you didn’t even read the responses to your REQ post.

Yeah, Infinite will be controversial in at least one aspect most likely, but I wouldn’t go so far as to say it will be a failure. Especially when nothing you say is of relevant value to that claim. Go find the actual arguments for classic Halo instead of being intellectually dishonest.

EDIT: Just want to clarify I was not actually mad when making this lmao. Usually I make posts with straight faces or lmao-ing (idk if that’s how you say that), I was being “joke angry” there’s no reason to be pissed off about this stuff. So when I say “I let the first one go” or something like that it’s not because I’m legitimately angry. Just want to clarify because this is nothing to get upset about.

I see what you mean. With the change of style that H4 brought, the classic people and modern people will almost never be a full community again. There are some things… like microtransactions and lootboxes… that I’m against in ANY game (unless the MTs are non intrusive to gameplay and you pay for what you see like Titanfall 2). I’m the person that is half and half on the movement and stuff that got changed so drastically. I like the ground and sprint, but don’t like the boosters or clamber as much. But with whichever way the game goes, I’m probably going to still buy and enjoy it (I’m also a campaign>multiplayer person… mostly). But it’s impossible for 343 to satisfy both sides of the community. Once you introduce a mechanic to a game, there’s people that want it again and those that don’t (you could get away with changing it by making a spin off or something). Honestly, we should just enjoy the game. 343 has worked hard, and they want to please players with this game, but that’s going to be hard. If you don’t like it, go back to a different one.

Sure there are plenty of design things they can do better, which I would love to see, but at this point all I can do is hope.

Thought this post was just going to be some kind of angry, trashy post but was actually well thought out OP… I just don’t think it will be a failure. We’ve waited ages for this.

PS Halo 2 had a cut sprint feature that is still in the code, but is inactive in the full release. This makes me see that sprint was originally intended to be in the games in the first place.

TacticalBeasty9
that’s what i mean, this class of players.
At last and I’m done.Halo 3 is the best.
Halo 5 is garbage.
and he never had to exist halo Reach

> 2535461453932194;4:
> TacticalBeasty9
> that’s what i mean, this class of players.
> At last and I’m done.Halo 3 is the best.
> Halo 5 is garbage.
> and he never had to exist halo Reach

Do strawmen bleed?

It is like fighting, and equally. I do not understand those who get angry and insult through a screen.
Life and tastes are different and that is the good thing.
Everyone knows what to hate.

> 2535461453932194;6:
> It is like fighting, and equally. I do not understand those who get angry and insult through a screen.
> Life and tastes are different and that is the good thing.
> Everyone knows what to hate.

I’m not insulting you. I’m telling you that you’re not making valid points or arguing with valid arguments (which is what “beating a strawman” means). I responded with reasons disagreeing with your post, and instead of responding with a valid argument you instead wrote me off as a blind classic fan, even though I said in the post I’ve played Halo 5 and I do think it’s a good game (just not a great Halo game).

But which of us called classic Halo fans bald? Novices? Noobs? Not offended, but I’m pointing out that it’s hypocritical of you to tell me I’m insulting you when it’s quite the opposite.

And I never said you couldn’t like Halo 5. People love Halo 5 and that’s okay, I can see why they like it. I’m not attacking Halo 5 in my post.

That’s what I don’t want, wait. wait for another game, if everyone criticizes or simply dislikes them for not being like a halo equal to their favorite halo 343 leaves the game and it only remains to wait for a new one.
Because it can’t be like the new games where they update a lot to improve, correct or add things.
For that reason, I had faith that some kind of microtransactions would be located so that 343 would make him more affectionate than normal.
Updates every week, month or season. Not only does 3, 4, or 5 update new content since its release, it gets boring and repetitive.
Why not something like GTA 5, Pubg, overwatch, Cod, LOL, etc.
In other words, I don’t spend my money for everything that comes out, I just choose something that I like and don’t have.

> 2535461453932194;8:
> That’s what I don’t want, wait. wait for another game, if everyone criticizes or simply dislikes them for not being like a halo equal to their favorite halo 343 leaves the game and it only remains to wait for a new one.
> Because it can’t be like the new games where they update a lot to improve, correct or add things.
> For that reason, I had faith that some kind of microtransactions would be located so that 343 would make him more affectionate than normal.
> Updates every week, month or season. Not only does 3, 4, or 5 update new content since its release, it gets boring and repetitive.
> Why not something like GTA 5, Pubg, overwatch, Cod, LOL, etc.
> In other words, I don’t spend my money for everything that comes out, I just choose something that I like and don’t have.

I assume you mean live services? As far as I can tell the community opinion of that is negative. Fortnite/PUBG/etc can constantly change because they aren’t really about anything. Notice to that every time the games listed change it’s so that they can add new microtransactions to suck money out of players pockets. That’s exactly what Halo fans don’t want for Infinite because microtransactions have their slew of issues (see your REQ post’s replies). Infinite is also a paid game, so people expect a complete experience of a finished game. They don’t want to hop into Infinite and have the game ruined for them because the gameplay is screwed up.

You say that you want microtransactions so that 343 can make a live service game, but it’s the other way around; live service games exist so the developers can make tons of money from microtransactions. The bulk of that money goes directly into their pockets, not to development anyhow (MS and 343 have more than enough resources). A live service model is the last thing Infinite needs.

Have faith in the developers. Even if it isn’t a “Perfect” Halo game, I believe it will still be an enjoyable game.

I’m pumped.

The last couple of iterations have had their problems… but 343 have been given the time and space to get things right.

Add in new hardware… and boom.

Saving hard (even volunteered for an extra shift or two). Gonna need a new console, the game, and (if Santa is kind) a new monitor.

There will always be people who don’t like a game, but to call a game a failure before it even launches let alone know almost anything about is a huge stretch.

See the problem is they didn’t understand the series they took over. They didn’t understand what made the original trilogy shine. Halo once had a simplicity that made it unique from all other shooters. All of what 343 has tried so far has convoluted the gameplay and taken the emphasis away from the original focused (gun-always-up) gameplay.

Now in saying that, they have a chance with Infinite to show if they’ve learned from those missteps. I hope that’s the case and I’ll be keeping tabs on the gameplay to see.

> 2535418979567138;2:
> 343 split the community by providing completely different experiences that destroyed the franchise’s identity.

343 took a pretty logical next step with Halo 4 coming from Halo Reach. The divide that exists in the Halo community didn’t start with Halo 4; it started with Halo Reach. In fact, 343 made Reach closer to its predecessors with the Title Update that reduced bloom and nerfed Armor Lock (among other changes). So, in reality, it was Bungie who first provided a different experience that changed the franchise.

It’s fine to prefer “classic” Halo to “modern” Halo, but you can’t ignore how Halo Reach contributed to the change in the Halo formula.

> 2533274817408735;14:
> > 2535418979567138;2:
> > 343 split the community by providing completely different experiences that destroyed the franchise’s identity.
>
> 343 took a pretty logical next step with Halo 4 coming from Halo Reach. The divide that exists in the Halo community didn’t start with Halo 4; it started with Halo Reach. In fact, 343 made Reach closer to its predecessors with the Title Update that reduced bloom and nerfed Armor Lock (among other changes). So, in reality, it was Bungie who first provided a different experience that changed the franchise.
>
> It’s fine to prefer “classic” Halo to “modern” Halo, but you can’t ignore how Halo Reach contributed to the change in the Halo formula.

It’s not a controversial opinion to say that 343 divided the community far worse than Bungie ever did.

A lot of things about Halo 4 were not “logical next step” ups from Reach. Ordinance drops in particular are completely ripped from COD. If you’re referring to constant sprint and loadouts, then I’d like to point out that those clearly were not logical next steps. In fact, if they actually reviewed the community feedback to Reach they’d know the logical next step was not to add ordinance drops, rip loadouts from COD, and add sprint, but they did it any way.

Not to mention the fact that Reach’s armor abilities were rather unique to the franchise, so even as it might’ve been controversial it was never considered ripping off from other games. That can’t be said of either 4 nor 5’s additions.

343 did take some good feedback from 4 (like adding equal starts in 5) but that was ultimately a moot point in the face of the highly controversial advanced movement, which split the community even worse. Not to mention REQ packs, a mediocre campaign, tons of content missing at launch, low map count (resulting in forge maps still in circulation today), art style (which became more controversial), and the removal of split screen. This is relevant to what I’m talking about as it all relates to the experience they provided. Every single one of those was a divisive problem unto itself. Reach had none of that.

And by your logic, Halo 3 could be attributed as starting the divide. After all, it had equipment that was thrown out as one time things and was gained through map pickups, so according to your logic the “logical next step” could be to give all players access to these abilities from the start and make them renewable (and tweak them for fairer use). Halo 3’s equipment had their fair share of controversy from Halo 2 fans.

I’m not sure why it can’t be said that 343 split the community. Bungie put the wedge in the wood no more than 10%, but 343 was clearly the one who split it. It’s not an opinion; look anywhere on Twitter, YouTube, etc. the community was fractured by 4 and 5, and this is agreed upon by both sides of the fence. Contributing far more to the change in the formula than Reach was 343’s poor decision making. I’m not even 343 bashing, I still player Halo 5, it’s just very obvious that this is far worse than in Reach’s time, and it has far more to do with 4 and 5. The fact is that Reach could’ve been a blip, there could’ve been lessons learned, but no, there weren’t any learned in 4. The community is more fractured than ever before because of 343, to the point where we’re at with Infinite which is literally a make-or-break situation for a franchise that was on the top of the gaming industry a decade ago.

EDIT: I didn’t even mention the fact that you took the point out of context as well. I was specifically referring to the polarization from 343’s games in response to Garcilazo’s post.

> 2535418979567138;15:
> > 2533274817408735;14:
> > > 2535418979567138;2:
> > > 343 split the community by providing completely different experiences that destroyed the franchise’s identity.
> >
> > 343 took a pretty logical next step with Halo 4 coming from Halo Reach. The divide that exists in the Halo community didn’t start with Halo 4; it started with Halo Reach. In fact, 343 made Reach closer to its predecessors with the Title Update that reduced bloom and nerfed Armor Lock (among other changes). So, in reality, it was Bungie who first provided a different experience that changed the franchise.
> >
> > It’s fine to prefer “classic” Halo to “modern” Halo, but you can’t ignore how Halo Reach contributed to the change in the Halo formula.
>
> It’s not a controversial opinion to say that 343 divided the community far worse than Bungie ever did.
>
> (A long post I have to cut short.)

Overall, I agree, but saying Bungie didn’t get the ball rolling with Reach isn’t being completely objective. 343 was lazy or blind to not heed what Reach wrote on the wall, but Bungie did start down the path. Also, I know you’re only using Equipment as an example, but it’s still hyperbole to bring it up, because map design and movement didn’t change to accommodate Equipment in Halo 3. You have to pick it up, and you get to use it once, which makes it more akin to Power Weapons, than Armor Abilities. I put so much stress on map design, because being able to move around in a virtual environment is arguably the most important, defining aspect of a video game. Map design is so critical in video game design, that even the smallest alterations can’t be overlooked.

I think playable space design combined with how the player traverses and interacts with those areas, is overlooked in the gaming community in general. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts, and if you’ve got something good going, you probably shouldn’t change it. Classic Halo had something unique going on. Generally speaking, it successfully executed fluid movement and combat that didn’t feel too fast or too slow. Classic Halo didn’t force you to go slower when you want to shoot, and it didn’t beg you to Sprint at the expense of your ability to shoot, when you wanted to get somewhere fast. The problem with modern Halo, more than any other single thing, is Sprint, because a game doesn’t need a Sprint mechanic to feel fast at all. Map design has everything to do with how fast or slow the player feels, because instead of making the player slower or faster, you can make maps smaller or larger. There’s a good middle ground between map size and player speed that can be found, and you can throw vehicles in to make really big, believable spaces, less of a pain to traverse and navigate.

The fluidity of movement in classic Halo comes in the form of not being forced to slow down from the speed playable spaces are designed around, when you want to engage enemies. In classic Halo, you’re not being forcibly slowed down when you want to attack enemies. In this way, Sprint takes control away from the player. Many people who play video games because they want to feel powerful, especially Halo. This isn’t about making sense in real life, it’s about making fluid, well-paced, methodical gameplay.

Here’s an interesting example that shows how Sprint introduces randomness in a competitive setting: Imagine the following: 2 Players. Pistols only. One person is Sprinting, the other is not. Both of these people see each other at the same time, but it takes a tiny amount of time to come out of Sprint and start shooting. This means the person who wasn’t sprinting, automatically gains an advantage. Let’s say the person who wasn’t Sprinting can only get 1 Pistol shot on the person who was Sprinting, before the person who was Sprinting can start shooting. It takes 5 shots to kill a person with a pistol. That 1 shot lead = 20% potential damage advantage. That’s a 20% more likely lead over the other player, just because that person wasn’t Sprinting.

I know exactly what people will say in defense of Sprint in this scenario “Then they can both just not Sprint at all, that makes the potential 20% advantage go away.” That’s true, but then we have to go back and see how map sizes, that are designed around Sprint speed, will now make the overall sense of speed go down now that neither player is Sprinting. The game will start to feel sluggish, which is not something you want people to feel when they’re playing an action FPS game. To get around this issue, you can do 1 of 2 things: 1. You can make movement speed when you aren’t Sprinting faster. 2. You can decrease map size to better suit how fast you can travel without Sprint.

See what I’m getting at here? The Sprint mechanic is a large gamble that can’t be accepted in a truly competitive scene, and can be frustrating outside of competitive modes, because it messes with fluid movement in a hostile environment. As far as I can see, after playing all the MCC collection campaigns on Heroic and Legendary over the past few weeks, is that Sprint really only works well when you’ve cleared an area of enemies, and you’re going back/looking around to get a weapon, vehicle or Health Pack. Sprint is an objectively bad combat zone mechanic in a game that isn’t trying to be realistic.

So basically, Bungie started the whole Sprint thing, and they realized maps needed to change to suit it. From my point of view, this is how Bungie was the one who started screwing with Halo.

Infinite will be 343’s first fair shot. Let’s be real, Halo 4 was their first production. Released a year earlier than intended. Halo 5 was supposed to get new tech - didn’t happen. Infinite gets new game engine and the longest dev time until now. Yes there has been a rotation of creative leads, but other than that we have many reason to be anticipating this new game with excitement. So let’s encourage them by showing some support. Better than being pessimistic all the time.

> 2533274823699327;17:
> Infinite will be 343’s first fair shot. Let’s be real, Halo 4 was their first production. Released a year earlier than intended. Halo 5 was supposed to get new tech - didn’t happen. Infinite gets new game engine and the longest dev time until now. Yes there has been a rotation of creative leads, but other than that we have many reason to be anticipating this new game with excitement. So let’s encourage them by showing some support. Better than being pessimistic all the time.

This is one of very few logical posts in this thread…

No matter how good or bad Infinite is I’ll play it. I love Halo. Each game is its own experience for better or worse. Some people love the new stuff, some hate it and that’s all fine.

> 2533274822068856;16:
> Here’s an interesting example that shows how Sprint introduces randomness in a competitive setting: Imagine the following: 2 Players. Pistols only. One person is Sprinting, the other is not. Both of these people see each other at the same time, but it takes a tiny amount of time to come out of Sprint and start shooting. This means the person who wasn’t sprinting, automatically gains an advantage.

I understand a lot of the classic mindset… but not so much this.

It’s not random. The person who is sprinting knows the risk. It was their choice to sprint there.

Just as any player chooses how they enter an area; what direction they are facing. What weapon* they have drawn. If they are jumping, crouching, or thrusted. If they want to announce their arrival with a 'nade or two.

Hell, they can even choose weather to reload their weapon or wait for their shields to respawn before entering the conflict zone.

There are many, many variables. Most of them under the direct control of the player. Risk vs reward.

  • yes, I know you said pistols only. But that is rarely the case.

I never had major issues with Halo 4. It moved the story somewhere and had sound gameplay. I think the biggest problems people had with H4 was the ‘trend-chasing’ MP.
Some minor problems was the overall art style and the poor ending.

H5 has great gameplay but the much-anticipated CP was a letdown and the game on release was barebones. They should have delayed it.

It looks like they are definitely trying to fix the above issues with Infinite.
Its long in development. They are holding it off for next gen rather than rushing it out for the last few days that X1 has left.
Reach launched with CP, MP, Firefight, Forge and Theatre. If Infinite has these at launch, accompanied by the solid Halo 5 gameplay and the Campaign mode does not have filler-tier story, its on the path to success.