Halo Infinite Weapons

Pretty hyped for July 23rd
While things may already be set we can see updates after release of course.
Something I loved about Halo is all the variants of weapons we have.
The Assault rifle line is all different throughout the games.
Two brs in h5
Variation of covenant weapons and potential banished/brute compiled weapons.
I just want to see a lot of variety in the weapon types.

I really loved the edition of weapon variants and attachments in Halo 5. From the Heartseeker, the Whiplash, or the energy bayonet, all of the variants were pretty cool.

I hope they return in Halo Infinite but with more differences than just color and skins. Maybe have different drum mags for The Answer saw or different needles for new needle weapons.

The magnums did this pretty well between all variants:

  • Base M6H2 - Gunfighter magnum - CE M6D - Whispered Truth - Tactical MagnumAll cool and similar but with little bits that make them distinct.

Hopefully we see details like this in Infinite.

Edit: I dont want to see these weapons return as reqs or any micro transaction weapons. I just want to see more and all the weapons we already had in Infinite.

I’m kind of hoping REQ variants don’t return, but skins replace them, such as maybe being able to switch your pistol model between the H:I & CE one, or the plasma rifle having a storm rifle & brute skin variant to choose.

I hope in campaign the weapons don’t despawn. That really sucked in Halo 4/5 when your source of ammo would just disappear if you didn’t get to it fast enough.

Weapons that are functionally identical or near identical like the 2 battle rifles should just be skins of the same weapon. Same for the DMR etc etc

Weapons that differ from one Halo to another could appear as two individual weapons. For example the Assault Rifle, CE version as one type and then the rest as skins for the other. In H3, H2A and H4 the AR killed in 16 shots and the Reach one in 19 but it should just be a skin rather than an additional assault rifle.

Weapons that are similar but still considered different could have some modifications to visuals and/or functions. Like the plasma rifle and the Brute variant. Give the Plasma rifle it’s stun effect again and attach a blade, energy or metal, to the bottom of the Brute one for increased melee. Personally I think an energy blade that uses a small percentage of battery on hits.

The magnum could have two variants, one stronger, slower and has a scope but less ammo in the mag while the other lacks the scope but is faster and has more ammo. CE magnum could return but as a power weapon imo

Weapons like the needler, which has visually and functionally throughout halo, could have completely different variants that aren’t stronger than each other but are better suited to different scenarios. The CE needler deals decent damage with the needles themselves and in PvP the subercombine doesn’t actually kill, but getting a extra needle in does when it breaks. So I think this one could have bigger needles and work against vehicles at the cost of being inefficient against players. The H2/3 needler could work well against players with moderate tracking and lower ammo. The reach style needler can have lots of ammo, better tracking but needs to break the shield to supercombine. Just a thought

Outside of just skins I really hope not.

Halo already has such significant issues with redundant weaponry before we add any additional variants that I can’t get excited about more slight variations. Halo 5 is particularly bad because the core sandbox we see in campaign is so dull and uninteresting compared to the req weapons which often have unique and interesting traits that are hidden behind campaign easter eggs and pay 2 win mechanics.

What I wouldn’t give to cut all the “variants” out of Halo 5 in order to get a base sandbox that had the interesting traits of the variants implemented in a balanced fashion. The sandbox could be so much richer without so much bloat.

The Assault Rifle we know of is designated “MA40”, it’s likely we’re fighting alongside the UNSC Army in this game since that AR is their varient.

<p>The Assault Rifle we know of is designated “MA40”, it’s likely we’re fighting alongside the UNSC Army in this game since that AR is their varient.</p>

> 2533274883624877;7:
> <p>The Assault Rifle we know of is designated “MA40”, it’s likely we’re fighting alongside the UNSC Army in this game since that AR is their varient.</p>

Sorry for double post.

> 2533274819446242;5:
> Outside of just skins I really hope not.
>
> Halo already has such significant issues with redundant weaponry before we add any additional variants that I can’t get excited about more slight variations. Halo 5 is particularly bad because the core sandbox we see in campaign is so dull and uninteresting compared to the req weapons which often have unique and interesting traits that are hidden behind campaign easter eggs and pay 2 win mechanics.
>
> What I wouldn’t give to cut all the “variants” out of Halo 5 in order to get a base sandbox that had the interesting traits of the variants implemented in a balanced fashion. The sandbox could be so much richer without so much bloat.

On the other hand, if they stuck around minus the P2W stuff (Like being there for Customs / Fiesta or whatever) I’d be game for them returning in some capacity. That being said, I do agree that there’s still clutter - like the tiered weapon system? Most of the “second level” weapons are just… We could have had more stuff in the game if they didn’t spend so much time on the sixteen different warthog skins and all these “slightly better” weapons. Cut out the Fury, the Spitfire, and the Lawgiver and keep the Blissful Slumber, Void’s Tear, and Blaze 'o Glory. Or alternatively, create entirely new weapons that bear some of these neat traits like the gravity vortex of the Void’s Tear and Beam Rifle Delta.

> 2533274850869596;9:
> > 2533274819446242;5:
> > Outside of just skins I really hope not.
> >
> > Halo already has such significant issues with redundant weaponry before we add any additional variants that I can’t get excited about more slight variations. Halo 5 is particularly bad because the core sandbox we see in campaign is so dull and uninteresting compared to the req weapons which often have unique and interesting traits that are hidden behind campaign easter eggs and pay 2 win mechanics.
> >
> > What I wouldn’t give to cut all the “variants” out of Halo 5 in order to get a base sandbox that had the interesting traits of the variants implemented in a balanced fashion. The sandbox could be so much richer without so much bloat.
>
> On the other hand, if they stuck around minus the P2W stuff (Like being there for Customs / Fiesta or whatever) I’d be game for them returning in some capacity. That being said, I do agree that there’s still clutter - like the tiered weapon system? Most of the “second level” weapons are just… We could have had more stuff in the game if they didn’t spend so much time on the sixteen different warthog skins and all these “slightly better” weapons. Cut out the Fury, the Spitfire, and the Lawgiver and keep the Blissful Slumber, Void’s Tear, and Blaze 'o Glory. Or alternatively, create entirely new weapons that bear some of these neat traits like the gravity vortex of the Void’s Tear and Beam Rifle Delta.

I’d much rather just take their interesting traits and apply them to new and existing weapon as you suggested. I just don’t see the point of having say Storm Rifle and then the Interesting Storm Rifle(aka Blissful Slumber). Let’s just make the interesting storm rifle the default and call it a day.

> 2533274947044147;2:
> I’m kind of hoping REQ variants don’t return, but skins replace them, such as maybe being able to switch your pistol model between the H:I & CE one, or the plasma rifle having a storm rifle & brute skin variant to choose.

Yeah it was pay to win in warzone and arena/ranked u could get something like dying star so powerful

I hope no reqs return I want it like 3 no better versions of that weapon

> 2533274947044147;2:
> I’m kind of hoping REQ variants don’t return, but skins replace them, such as maybe being able to switch your pistol model between the H:I & CE one, or the plasma rifle having a storm rifle & brute skin variant to choose.

I don’t want to see skin model changes at all because those weapons are fundamentally different (rate of fire, ammunition, damage)

> 2533274819446242;5:
> Outside of just skins I really hope not.
>
> Halo already has such significant issues with redundant weaponry before we add any additional variants that I can’t get excited about more slight variations. Halo 5 is particularly bad because the core sandbox we see in campaign is so dull and uninteresting compared to the req weapons which often have unique and interesting traits that are hidden behind campaign easter eggs and pay 2 win mechanics.
>
> What I wouldn’t give to cut all the “variants” out of Halo 5 in order to get a base sandbox that had the interesting traits of the variants implemented in a balanced fashion. The sandbox could be so much richer without so much bloat.

The sandbox in Halo 5 is very fun and as balanced as Halo’s sand box has been. The only problem is the br vs dmr battle. The variants give replayability in other game modes other than competitive. I’d like to see them return but with less “reskin”

I would love to see covenant ammo (such as batteries that we can change for reload in the normal covenant weapons). Imagine change the battery of an energy sword.

> 2533274895787994;14:
> The sandbox in Halo 5 is very fun and as balanced as Halo’s sand box has been. The only problem is the br vs dmr battle. The variants give replayability in other game modes other than competitive. I’d like to see them return but with less “reskin”

I would agree that it is “balanced” but I wouldn’t call it very “fun” when there are 5 versatile precision weapons, 4 bullet hoses, 3 tracking weapons, and 2 reskin sniper rifles and 2 shotguns and that doesn’t include DLC or variants. Almost all of the interesting mechanics are hidden behind the Easter eggs and P2W mechanics.

Just cut out the middle man and make the “interesting” variants the standard variants and then we can enjoy them all the time. I don’t really see any value in adding slight variations on otherwise identical weapons. At that point we might as well just have actual skins and not bother adding tiny variations of existing weapons just to bloat the sandbox. Like I said to Sylxeria, I don’t see the point of having Blissful Slumber and a normal Storm Rifle when we could just have blissful slumber all the time. Both of those variants are technically “different,” but at the end of the day the basic storm rifle is just a boring blissful slumber. Its a waste of space to have both.

If you want those kinds of weapons that is what mod support would be for.

> 2533274819446242;16:
> > 2533274895787994;14:
> > The sandbox in Halo 5 is very fun and as balanced as Halo’s sand box has been. The only problem is the br vs dmr battle. The variants give replayability in other game modes other than competitive. I’d like to see them return but with less “reskin”
>
> I would agree that it is “balanced” but I wouldn’t call it very “fun” when there are 5 versatile precision weapons, 4 bullet hoses, 3 tracking weapons, and 2 reskin sniper rifles and 2 shotguns and that doesn’t include DLC or variants. Almost all of the interesting mechanics are hidden behind the Easter eggs and P2W mechanics.
>
> Just cut out the middle man and make the “interesting” variants the standard variants and then we can enjoy them all the time. I don’t really see any value in adding slight variations on otherwise identical weapons. At that point we might as well just have actual skins and not bother adding tiny variations of existing weapons just to bloat the sandbox. Like I said to Sylxeria, I don’t see the point of having Blissful Slumber and a normal Storm Rifle when we could just have blissful slumber all the time. Both of those variants are technically “different,” but at the end of the day the basic storm rifle is just a boring blissful slumber. Its a waste of space to have both.
>
> If you want those kinds of weapons that is what mod support would be for.

My post makes my point bro I don’t want to have duplicates or reskins i want the cool variants that do actual different things. Like some weapons firing explosive rounds etc. We already see a lot of variety in Weapons revealed so far and i think thats cool.

The campaign thing wouldn’t make sense because it was fun to find the overpowered weapons as easter eggs. If they were just better variants lying around all the time the game wouldn’t be too fun.

In multiplayer the blissful slumber would be broken compared to other cqc and automatics. Just because its better doesn’t mean it needs to replace everything.

I’d like to see the brute shot AND concussion rifle return even though they can serve similar purposes they are still different. Same thing goes with the plasma launcher and plasma caster.

I don’t want to see redundant weapons like the plasma repeater (or at least give it a heat blast when it over heats) when we can already have the plasma rifle, storm rifle, and now the pulse carbine.

There is no pay to win in Halo 5 so stop saying it was. Paying never benefitted you besides reducing time to reach max req pool. Paying however affected your match making and made you face harder and harder opponents often leading to more loses. Hence buying req packs was paying to lose.