0 voters

The Pulse Carbine:

• Needs a buff
  • Fine as is
  • Needs a nerf

0 voters

3 Likes

My personal opinion on those:

Sidekick- Buff it by reducing the reticle bloom slightly to increase accuracy, maybe nerf it by requiring one more shot to kill.

Ravager- Buff it back to where it was in the alpha flights, requiring only 2 full bursts (6 shots) to kill instead of the current 3 bursts (9 shots). Also Buff the charging speed for the alternate fire by about 20%.

Hydra- Buff it to only require 2 direct fire and 3 homing shots to kill, as opposed to the current 3 direct fire and 4 homing shots to kill. Buff the reload speed by about 30%. Buff the homing magnetism by about 20%.

Plasma Pistol- Buff the Plasma projectile speed by about 20%. Buff the charged shot homing magnetism by 20%.

Disruptor- Buff fire rate by 15%. Buff magazine size from 10 to 12.

Commando- Buff it by reducing the reticle bloom increase speed slightly, to improve accuracy slightly in short bursts.

Bulldog- Buff it by increasing fire rate by 20%.

Heatwave- Buff it by tightening the horizontal mode spread slightly, and by increasing the damage of each bolt by maybe 10%.

And though you don’t have the Plasma Carbine and Assault Rifle listed, they definitely need a balance pass.

Plasma Carbine- needs 3 buffs, the first being an increase of the homing magnetism by about 20%, the 2nd being an increase in the homing lock-on range by about 5 meters, the 3rd being an increase in the plasma projectile speed by about 20%.

Assault Rifle- It apparently got a stealth nerf today which requires one more shot to kill, slightly increasing TTK, but it still needs more nerfs, specifically the reticle bloom needs to increase faster so that you need to pulse it more often at longer ranges.

Where’s the assault rifle? Shouldn’t that need a nerf. Kinda confused. Not rlly a huuuge halo player, but I’ve def played my fair share of all the games.

Isn’t the assault rifle supposed to be close quarters to slightly mid range? Isn’t halo supposed to be primarily precision based…

I think the assault rifle could use a slight bullet spread increase. This would allow the commando to have a slightly larger leg up in the competition, as well as allow more room for the sidekick. I like the pistol and I use it over the AR. But right now I’m kinda handicapping myself and it doesn’t kill much faster with headshots than the AR does to the body.

Unless I’m crazy. I mean either way the game is fun…but I believe in more competitive scenarios it lowers the skill gap having the AR this precise at longer ranges.

Just my two cents.

Sidekick - Fine

Ravager - Trash. Should be more akin to the Brute Shot if you’re going to not have a Brute Shot in the game. It’s just not an interesting weapon currently.

Hydra - Almost never feels useful against infantry. Great against vehicles.

Disrupter - Probably should have the Damage-Over-Time tick for longer but it’s generally fine as is. Unfortunately it, and its other shock weapon friends nullify vehicles so I wish that would be stopped.

Commando - Hard to say. It’s a weird AR/DMR hybrid. Up close you use it like an AR but it’s too slow and the mag is too small. Far away it just doesn’t do the damage that a DMR would so it’s in a weird place. I want to like this weapon, but I currently don’t.

Bulldog - People who are calling for it to be buffed just want the old shotty back, and I’m right there with them. Bulldog is an okay weapon usually, does not need to be buffed or nerfed in my opinion, just needs the old shotty to come in as a real power weapon so people understand the Bulldog isn’t meant to be a power weapon.

Plasma Pistol - Make the tracking better. Dear lord make the tracking better. You took away the EMP ability which was like the one redeeming quality it had so at least let it reliably remove shields with tracking.

Heatwave - The horizontal spread is almost never useful but the verticle mode is so incredibly unforgiving if you miss you might as well not pick this up, too much of a risk against far more reliable options.

Idk why the Pulse Carbine isn’t on this list, but that thing needs to be changed somehow or removed from the game in favor of the old Plasma Rifle.

AR is fine as is since you guys removed the SMG (strange choice like so many other choices with this game). it could maybe use a little less damage at range though.

2 Likes

Nice poll to show 343 some player feedback. I also wanna bring up the Plasma Carbine as I feel it needs work

1 Like

Honestly, I’m not sure much tweaking is needed in general. All of the weapons are sorta clicking into place for me; there isn’t a one that I don’t like, which is a sign (to me) that they’re in a good place.

Nah, the AR finally has a place in the game, and is now a weapon that can compete with other weapons in a fight. I agree that the range is a little too much tho.

1 Like

With the sidekick I feel like they could possibly nerf the ROF slightly, but decrease the bloom a bit too. Those two changes would work a bit in conjunction too, so it wouldn’t need much. The Commando is just so hard to use between bloom, low aa, and how small the reticle is.

AR always had a place. Decent at close range (though weaker than other options like shotgun, mauler, and SMG), good at close-mid range, poor at mid range and beyond. A perfect spawning weapon, not too powerful, not too weak. In Halo Infinite though it it definitely perfoming too well at mid-range, sometimes even beating pistol/BR/Commando at that range, especially if the AR person starts firing first. I’m ok with it’s close and close-mid performance, but they definitely need to increase the bloom so that you need to pulse the trigger more at mid range imo.

1 Like

I agree with most recommendations but…

Ravager I like but I would not do the 20% because that6’ll just revert it back to being OP like in the flights
Hydra I agree with but without the reload speed.
Disruptor needs a buff in fire rate but mag might make it a little unfair, keep in mind it does keep shocking you.
Bulldog is fine
Commando isn’t a big issue
Heatwave is balanced
I honestly think the assault rifle will be okay if it doesn’t cancel you out while beiong scoped in.

I think my only complaint about the Plasma Pistol at the moment is that they took away its EMP ability, largely because the Shock Weapons exist. Side note, I’m not a fan of the Shock Weapons, and my personal preference would be to remove them all and replace them with Flame Weapons from Halo 3, and then give the Plasma Pistol its classic EMP function back.

What I did in Custom Game Browser I lowered the shields by 40% to make the weapons a little more powerful to help balance the weapons a little.

It seems my votes ended up being in line with the majority for all guns accept the Bulldog.

I think the Bulldog is fine as it is given the increased rate of fire and better range compared to the traditional shotgun. I’m sure the traditional shotgun will come back at some point as well as it’s quite a different weapon to the Bulldog.

In my opinion, there’s only a few weapons that are just fine as is.

AR
BR
Sidekick
Sniper Rifle
Rocket Launcher

Pretty much everything else needs some level of buff.

And, I do mean buff the others, not nerf those 5 I mentioned.

In my experience, the main weapons i never use are the pulse carbine cause that thing sucks unless you’re shooting someone’s back thats in another fight, and I don’t particularly use the ravager much and didn’t know it was changed.

Every other weapon i at first found not worth picking up, I’ve discovered what they’re actually used for and that i essentially was using them wrong. Especially the disruptor. That’s easily my favorite secondary of the game. You can literally kill an entire team or weaken the entire team for your team mates and move around the map all while they’re ticking.

So with the pulse carbine…idk if I’m just not using it right or if it legit sucks that bad. I understand it’s projectile based, but it just feels useless at it against any decent moving player. I’d say up the projectile speed or sure to make it worth picking up.

The Assault Rifle already received a nerf from the flights. I’d argue it needs to be buffed back to that point. There’s nothing inherently wrong with the AR being viable. It’s pretty much functioning as intended. It’s not effective at long ranges at all at higher levels of play. I never kill or get killed by the AR outside of mid-range so I’m not sure why you think it has too much range.

The Pulse Carbine is strange. Sometimes it works…. sometimes it doesn’t. It doesn’t seem to want to track if the reticule is red and they’re not standing still. I find more effective to lead the shots and pray the tracking locks on. Honestly if they want it to be viable they need to increase the tracking on it.

Is it supposed to track? I was under the impression that it didn’t, and that you’re essentially using a projectile BR type of weapon that has the ability to kill faster if you land the shots. So it being projectile requires you to lead your shots for sure, but I wasn’t aware of tracking. I would think it to become a busted OP weapon if it kinda more or less locked on. I have picked it up and actually fired it like once this entire time though and haven’t looked up any video on it and never been killed by it so my limitation to understanding it should be apparent lol

Yes. The way it actually works is it has extreme “bullet magnetism.” As in if the projectiles are near an enemy they will gravitate towards them.

I imagine you’re correct in your assumption that it would be ultra cheesy if the tracking were increased. I also imagine that’s the reason the tracking is so bad. It’s kind of just in a bad spot because if they increase tracking it’s too strong and unskilled, but how it is it’s worthless. Needs a lot of tuning.

Man I’d rather just have it work like a storm rifle or brute from halo 5. It’s a weapon that sounds good on paper but is terrible in game right now. Just give it full auto and remove tracking so we use it in a different role, or Give us back the carbine default and tune that weapon.