Halo Infinite - Update on Latency & Geofiltering

If Geolfiltering is banned & then I from the EU, start getting put on 100+ ping US servers again instead of my local 20 ping servers, ill be done with the game.

Sounds like a matchmaking issue if im being placed in a game where the majority of players are in a different region.

Would rather wait with slower matchmaking than be forced onto a bad server.

21 Likes

thank you very much for this much needed improvement but we would really like to receive a roadmap

3 Likes

Is Halo: Infinite using TrueMatch within its matchmaking system?

5 Likes

perdon pero nop en realidad son lentos entiendo que tienen mucho trabajo pero realemnte son lentos

4 Likes

Yep this “solution” is absolute nonsense and doesn’t fix the real issue at all. Even in the example given in the OP, that simply means an EU player will have no choice but to be forced to connect to east coast US to play with easy coast US players…may be they haven’t checked the map because there isn’t any “middle ground” in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean! This will only serve to accelerate the death of the game for pretty much all players outside of America.

13 Likes

I’d like to see MENA servers, we play in EU servers with +100ms ping

2 Likes

great job still getting over 100 ping if i would like to play ranked from here in the UK

5 Likes

I don’t blame you honestly. I hope this further impacts the games population decline. I hate to see this happen to Halo, but its time for the storm to blow 343 away. MS needs to take Halo from them immediately. We’ve heard stories of turmoil and poor management from 343 for years and I don’t understand why MS has continued to allow it to happen and to even allow Infinite to release in the state its in.

8 Likes

They dont care about UK players we should know that by now.

6 Likes

I’ve just had it confirmed that a UK player that used to use geo filter has received the error message and is now being forced to connect to US servers in every ranked game at over 100ms. RIP Halo Infinite. :skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones:

6 Likes

Thank you for finally putting some work on the connections. Getting killed around corners is extremely annoying.

That said, I don’t like the outline of the post. You seem to put the blame on other players first who are using geo-filters. Then you go into detail on your solution with more local connections.

Why was this system there in the first place that led to some players using geo-filters? How come it took 3 months since the game’s release to realize NOW it’s an issue when players were already noticing latency lag from the start, including the beta?

3 Likes

150ms ping now RIP great job

4 Likes

they will not come back and buy from the in-game shop.

4 Likes

That’s Chicago servers from UK. So much for “middle ground”.

2 Likes

This is one problem I have with the philosophy of prioritizing skill/metrics/etc too much in the matchmaking process. I’m all far having reasonably balanced matches, but there is a saying that “ping is king” and that’s pretty important for FPS games. Ping should have been a very high priority in matchmaking from the very beginning.

5 Likes

My ping just got 10x better, without geofiltering, so I’m happy with this.

2 Likes

is it really such a big ask to just let us choose what region we live in?

17 Likes

Until they sort the ping in ranked its a no go for most UK players GOOD WORK…

2 Likes

Apparently it is for the crew stuck working on Infinite, even though the feature is in the MCC lol.

5 Likes

I said before the game was released that if they force crossplay on us and don’t do give us region lock then I’d switch to PS. I’ve already got my refund on my XSX and don’t feel the need to buy another one whilst Halo Infinite is this broken mess of a game…but now it looks like Microsoft and 343i have made the decision for me and I’ll be putting my money where my mouth is and buying a PlayStation5.

5 Likes