Halo Infinite Update - Jan 21

Hey everyone - the team wanted to provide a few updates on Halo Infinite to close out the week. We worked directly with our Head of Design here at 343, Jerry Hook, to share updates on some topics that have been top-of-mind for a lot of you this week:

• Since launch, the team has been monitoring the discussions on the Shop, bundles, and pricing in the game. Using data and community feedback, we’ve begun rolling out changes to how we package and price items in the Shop this week.
    Our focus with these changes is on reducing pricing across the board, providing stronger values in our bundles, starting to put individual items outside of bundles, and more. This week we focused on reducing the prices of our weekly bundles, while next week will have individual items starting to appear on their own.
    We will be trying new things throughout the rest of the season so that we can continue to learn and improve for the future. Please keep the feedback coming during this process.

• As we work on resolving the issues with Big Team Battle matchmaking, the team also plans to remove Challenges that require Big Team Battle for the time being. We don’t want to alter Challenge decks when they are live (as it would removing people’s progression on those Challenges), so these changes will start next Tuesday when the Weekly Challenges typically rollover.

• Thanks to your continued feedback, we are happy to confirm Credits will be earnable in Season 2’s Battle Pass. That means you will be able to earn Credits as part of your Halo Infinite progression. We’ll have more to share on this as we get closer to Season 2.

Please note: The team is continuing to investigate the Big Team Battle matchmaking issues. This week’s hotfix, though not as effective as we had initially hoped, also contained additional telemetry that has been providing promising data to the team. We’ll continue to share updates when we have them. In the meantime, please be sure to keep an eye on @HaloSupport as well.

Thank you for your continued feedback, and we hope you all have a great weekend!

84 Likes

Neat, keep the updates coming, but you guys do have the Halo Insiders, so you could test the BTB patches before they release to see if they work or make it worse.

Thanks for the update.

16 Likes

Credits… Ok this should be interesting to see how they do this.

I very much look forward to BTB getting fixed and the random disconnects. I won’t play it right now because of it.

Also, can we PLEASE get player collision put back in!!! All the other halos had it and it works SO much better! I’m tired of players especially the enemy, going threw me.

18 Likes

Any word on a roadmap?

19 Likes

Player collision is in the game but its not really that good

3 Likes

Credits should be earnable in game too, even if its just as part of the weekly ultimate.

100 credits attached to the ultimate seems fair. It’d take 10 weeks to get a 1000 credit bundle. I’d say thats the level of dedication that a player should be rewarded with.

Also credits should not be distributed in such a painfully small way that they act as filler within the Battle Pass. Make it just 1-2 single slots of a larger sum.

28 Likes

Awesome! Always great to see the team powering through these trying times :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I just want better ping in my games and ranked swat :frowning:

6 Likes

Assuming we reduce the prices of old bundles as well, are there any plans for partially refunding the credit difference of those bundles?

ie: If Zvezda drops down to a $10 Bundle, will players who bought Zvezda get 1000 Credits back for example, or are there no plans currently for that?

Otherwise, keep up the good news and work! These changes are all for the better.

9 Likes

Or maybe just some other challenges set to the side to earn credits because 10 weeks is pretty long.

What i mean is challenges that never end but are challenging to earn such credits.

Example: Earn a Triplekill/Overkil Reward: 100 Cr

Something hard, achievable, and satisfying

7 Likes

Earnable credits were definitely needed! Keep up the hard work!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! Excellent changes :heavy_heart_exclamation:

3 Likes

Errr Are we playing the same game?:thinking: … There’s no player collision in this game. I can literally walk through my teammates, I can walk through the enemy, And they can walk through me. There’s no player collision in this game.

10 Likes

Earnable credits? Single items in the shop starting next week? Big Team Challenges removed on Tuesday?

These updates are getting better and better.

5 Likes

I did say it is not good, if it was good then it wouldn’t be a problem

1 Like

Neat, can we get a photo mode like cyberpunk in campaign?

5 Likes

This is great news and a massive step in the right direction. Would still like to see a service rank like older titles, but one step at a time I suppose.

2 Likes

I think it would be better if the credits were earnable through gameplay. Make it slow so you still have to buy credits to actually get a lot but it would be the same thing as earning them through the BP without having them be fillers and you feel like you are earning something through gameplay for those who need that

8 Likes

Its coming in season 2

3 Likes