Halo Infinite: Top Armor Sets That Should Return

Alright, with the Mark VII armor confirmed to be in Halo Infinite, along with new armor sets being revealed thanks to toys and merchandise of all things, here are some of the armor sets that should make a comeback in my opinion. If you have any other opinions in regards to which armor sets should return, let me know in the comments.

  1. Hayabusa: We haven’t seen this armor set since Halo 3. It was meant to appear in Halo 4, however it got scrapped. So, I think it should return in Infinite’s multiplayer somehow.

  2. ODST or Helljumper: I’m sure that the ODST armor will make a reappearance somehow. But, if it doesn’t, at least we have it’s alternative, the Helljumper armor. So, if either one makes a reappearance, I won’t be disappointed.

  3. CQB: With an almost Mandalorian-like t-shape visor for the helmet, and positive acclaim from the entire fandom, who wouldn’t want to see it reappear in Infinite?

  4. Venator: Alright, let me get my flame shield because I don’t think that some of the armor sets in Halo 4 and 5 weren’t that bad, emphasis on SOME. One of those armor sets that I liked was the Venator. I say it’s time that it gets a MJOLNIR Gen. 3 variation. I mean c’mon, how cool would it look in Infinite’s art style? Fingers crossed that it returns.

  5. MJOLNIR Mark IV (4): With Chief’s new armor in Infinite confirmed to be a Gen. 3 variation of the Mark VI (6), I think it’s only a matter of time before we see the Mark IV and V get that Gen. 3 upgrade. However, the Mark IV had various designs during the Human-Covenant War before it was replaced by the Mark V, and with Halo Infinite being a game that 343 is going to expand on for the next 10 years after it launches next year, I think it’s time that we get the almost legendary Halo Wars 1 and 2 Mark IV design with some of it’s other designs as a nod to the fans of the expanded universe. Like give us Gray Team’s Mark IV or the Mark IV/ COBALT. I mean, if the Mark V (5) can have different design variations, like the Alpha and Delta in Halo 5,then why can’t our equally beloved Mark IV armor get the same treatment?

I think there’s an eventuality that armors/weapon/vehicle skins are going to be plentiful to the point where H5 got that you will have so many diff types that it feels overloaded. Not the way I want it but based on all the armor coatings thus far being released through promotions; weapon skins/charms, vehicle skins, etc. and the game hasn’t been released that it is an inevitability.

> 2533274809988140;2:
> I think there’s an eventuality that armors/weapon/vehicle skins are going to be plentiful to the point where H5 got that you will have so many diff types that it feels overloaded. Not the way I want it but based on all the armor coatings thus far being released through promotions; weapon skins/charms, vehicle skins, etc. and the game hasn’t been released that it is an inevitability.

For real, back when Halo 5 was receiving updates, I didn’t think that we would get the Mark IV. Now, it’s my favorite armor in all of Halo 5’s multiplayer. Coupled with the Decimator helmet, it looks quite nice imo. Now, I think that 343 should expand on that and give us various armor designs that the Mark IV had during the war. It would not only give the players more armor sets to collect, but it would be a nice nod to the long-time fans as well. It’s the best of both worlds.

> 2533274895486153;3:
> > 2533274809988140;2:
> > I think there’s an eventuality that armors/weapon/vehicle skins are going to be plentiful to the point where H5 got that you will have so many diff types that it feels overloaded. Not the way I want it but based on all the armor coatings thus far being released through promotions; weapon skins/charms, vehicle skins, etc. and the game hasn’t been released that it is an inevitability.
>
> For real, back when Halo 5 was receiving updates, I didn’t think that we would get the Mark IV. Now, it’s my favorite armor in all of Halo 5’s multiplayer. Coupled with the Decimator helmet, it looks quite nice imo. Now, I think that 343 should expand on that and give us various armor designs that the Mark IV had during the war. It would not only give the players more armor sets to collect, but it would be a nice nod to the long-time fans as well. It’s the best of both worlds.

Agreed with bringing concepts back that have a meaning in the Halo universe and I’m all about customization ability but with H5 it got to the point where some of the designs seemed to run together and only a few stood out (at least to me). I’m more of a quality over quantity type of person and prefer the old ways where armors were unlocked through achievements rather than a random way. It also gave the armors more meaning and honestly forced the community to communicate more and come to each other’s aid in pursuit of said unlockables.

> 2533274809988140;4:
> > 2533274895486153;3:
> > > 2533274809988140;2:
> > > I think there’s an eventuality that armors/weapon/vehicle skins are going to be plentiful to the point where H5 got that you will have so many diff types that it feels overloaded. Not the way I want it but based on all the armor coatings thus far being released through promotions; weapon skins/charms, vehicle skins, etc. and the game hasn’t been released that it is an inevitability.
> >
> > For real, back when Halo 5 was receiving updates, I didn’t think that we would get the Mark IV. Now, it’s my favorite armor in all of Halo 5’s multiplayer. Coupled with the Decimator helmet, it looks quite nice imo. Now, I think that 343 should expand on that and give us various armor designs that the Mark IV had during the war. It would not only give the players more armor sets to collect, but it would be a nice nod to the long-time fans as well. It’s the best of both worlds.
>
> Agreed with bringing concepts back that have a meaning in the Halo universe and I’m all about customization ability but with H5 it got to the point where some of the designs seemed to run together and only a few stood out (at least to me). I’m more of a quality over quantity type of person and prefer the old ways where armors were unlocked through achievements rather than a random way. It also gave the armors more meaning and honestly forced the community to communicate more and come to each other’s aid in pursuit of said unlockables.

Yeah. Especially with the fact that 343 basically created new sets from existing armor sets from Halo Reach for Halo 5. Take Kat’s Air Assault armor, give it a minor Gen. 2 design update, slap on the “Intruder” title, and boom! New armor. That was just lazy to me. With armor sets like the Mark IV for instance, it gives 343 the opportunity to not only give us the HW1 and HW2 design, but also other designs as well that can be adapted to the MJOLNIR Gen 3 platform. Also, with the new Slipspace Engine, and the fact that this’ll be a game that 343 expands on, like what Bungie and Digital Extremes are doing with Destiny 2 and Warframe respectively, there’s no excuse for laziness or cutting corners this time.

> 2533274895486153;1:
> Alright, with the Mark VII armor confirmed to be in Halo Infinite, along with new armor sets being revealed thanks to toys and merchandise of all things, here are some of the armor sets that should make a comeback in my opinion. If you have any other opinions in regards to which armor sets should return, let me know in the comments.
>
> 1) Hayabusa: We haven’t seen this armor set since Halo 3. It was meant to appear in Halo 4, however it got scrapped. So, I think it should return in Infinite’s multiplayer somehow.
>
> 2) ODST or Helljumper: I’m sure that the ODST armor will make a reappearance somehow. But, if it doesn’t, at least we have it’s alternative, the Helljumper armor. So, if either one makes a reappearance, I won’t be disappointed.
>
> 3) CQB: With an almost Mandalorian-like t-shape visor for the helmet, and positive acclaim from the entire fandom, who wouldn’t want to see it reappear in Infinite?
>
> 4) Venator: Alright, let me get my flame shield because I don’t think that some of the armor sets in Halo 4 and 5 weren’t that bad, emphasis on SOME. One of those armor sets that I liked was the Venator. I say it’s time that it gets a MJOLNIR Gen. 3 variation. I mean c’mon, how cool would it look in Infinite’s art style? Fingers crossed that it returns.
>
> 5) MJOLNIR Mark IV (4): With Chief’s new armor in Infinite confirmed to be a Gen. 3 variation of the Mark VI (6), I think it’s only a matter of time before we see the Mark IV and V get that Gen. 3 upgrade. However, the Mark IV had various designs during the Human-Covenant War before it was replaced by the Mark V, and with Halo Infinite being a game that 343 is going to expand on for the next 10 years after it launches next year, I think it’s time that we get the almost legendary Halo Wars 1 and 2 Mark IV design with some of it’s other designs as a nod to the fans of the expanded universe. Like give us Gray Team’s Mark IV or the Mark IV/ COBALT. I mean, if the Mark V (5) can have different design variations, like the Alpha and Delta in Halo 5,then why can’t our equally beloved Mark IV armor get the same treatment?

One of the armor sets I want to see in the game is the EOD armor from reach, its one of my favorites.

Here is my list:

  • Recon Gen1. It is iconic, Awesome and should be unlockable by some type of difficult challenge. - ODST it is my Favorite armor of ALL time. It should be easier to unlock. - Hayabusa with the Katana. It should be unlockable by collecting skulls in the campaign. That is, if there are skulls to collect. (Also I know this prob won’t happen) - Mark V variant. Or Noble Six’ armor. It should be unlockable by beating the campaign on Legendary.[/li] - EVA. I like my fishbowl[/list]

Would like to see what a Halo Infinite Art Style version of the Achilles see would look like.

ODST is my number one. Helljumper is fine, but nothing beats the Reach ODST helmet.

If Mega Bloks is to be trusted, it seems Infinite is leaning heavily into the old Reach armor so hopefully we will see a good amount of classic armor.

Full suit of MK VII SPI. Looks like SPI, has shields.

for me, id say these armors need to come back:

  • Athlon (super sleek armor, looks cool, personal favorite) - Military Police (genuinely awesome helmet, good for machinimas) - Security (halo 3 or 5 version) - CQB - AKIS (CBRN, GRD/CBRN versions)

Hayabusa will never return to Halo, and that is that. They legally cannot have it in a new game. I’m so surprised this is such a hot topic 13 years later. But as for what I’d like to come back specifically:

  • Halo 4/5’s campaign Mk VI - Gen2 Scout - Athlon - Recruit - The Blue Team Mk VI varients - Warrior - Enforcer - All of Osiris’ armorsJust to name a few. I’m hoping most of Reach’s armor will be returning from the toys we’ve seen.

I loved alot of the GEN 2 armor permutations, though many were quite hideous, while others were literally two- three color variations of the same thing. With that said, my absolute favorite armor is, hands down, the venerable, the sleek, the aggressive, HUNTER variant used by Locke. It was such cool, stealthy, prototype suit that was oh so intricately designed. That icy blue Resolute visor really made Locke look imposing.
Besides that, I loved pairing the GEN 1 EVA helmet with the Nightfall armor, reminiscent of the SPI suit used by Spartan III’s in the books. Just a cool, very diffrent look.
I’m also a huge fan of the COPPERHEAD variant used by Vale. It was sleek, -Yoink!-, and unique-like a sensual sports car, evoking the beautiful curves of a gorgeous gal…

HELIOSKRILL was definitely one of the more ostentatious aesthetics, but also one of the more loved in terms of the GEN 2 variants. Very alien, and at the same time, familiar.

WARRIOR variant was a really good looking armor set. I would pair it with the Mk VI helmet. I loved the symmetry and clean lines of the suit, bulky yet streamlined.
GEN 2 OPERATOR was a rehash of old and new alike, looking reminiscent of a fighter pilot helm. That and the NOBLE armor was a cool mis mash of retro and new.

Those are some of my favorites, I’d honestly be good with whatever else 343i wants in there, but please, oh please, let me has HUNTER armor in Multiplayer.

Hayabusa for sure. They can re-name it if worried about the Ninja Gaiden copyright.

> 2535469615113852;8:
> Would like to see what a Halo Infinite Art Style version of the Achilles see would look like.

Ooo! That’s a good idea!!!

> 2533274866906624;14:
> Hayabusa for sure. They can re-name it if worried about the Ninja Gaiden copyright.

I remember that in the now cancelled Halo Online game, there was gonna be a MJOLNIR set known as Samurai. So yeah, that can definitely work.

Locus armor has always been my favorite since Halo 4, so I definitely hope that returns. Besides that, ODST and CQB are some other really nice sets.

Give me Halo Wars style Mark-IV armor and I will never need another armor set ever again :slight_smile:
…And maybe reach’s EOD armorset (has the best version of the helmet tbh).

Please don’t bring back too much of H5’s armor, the shading made it look pretty plastic imho and the overly detailed suit underneath the armor just looks goofy.

A more simplified, less “detail for details sake” of some of the armors from 4 and 5 would be fine, I just dislike the aesthetic of many of the armors from those games in comparison to classic halo or to what we’ve seen from infinite. (looking at you, wetwork)

> 2533274895486153;16:
> > 2533274866906624;14:
> > Hayabusa for sure. They can re-name it if worried about the Ninja Gaiden copyright.
>
> I remember that in the now cancelled Halo Online game, there was gonna be a MJOLNIR set known as Samurai. So yeah, that can definitely work.

Definitely, odd they haven’t yet but the Hayabusa armor is a fan favorite that needs to return.

  1. MK IV M.J.O.L.N.I.R needs to return in Gen-3. I would like the idea of having multiple armor variants of it but would still love some other methods such as helmet attachments in a style similar to Halo Reach’s customization along with armor variants. Also, MK IV is by far my favorite armor, there is something about it that just SCREAMS awesomeness.

  2. S.P.I Armor also would be a welcome addition. I personally think that it looks fine without any additional add-ons. But others may feel differently.

  3. The Grey Team MK V (B) Halo Reach Style Armor Set would be awesome, I feel like giving it a few variants would really wrap it up with a bow on top.

  4. https://abisv.artstation.com/projects/v1br1a Take a look at this baby and I guarantee that you will never want another MK V M.J.O.L.N.I.R again.

  5. Many different new armors similar in art-style to what appears to be the default armor for Halo Infinite MP