Halo Infinite to be "T" for Teen? :(

I’ve seen some box art pictures with the “T” for Teen symbol… is there confirmation about this?

How would you guys feel about this and might this explain the missing blood etc…

I really hope this gonna be Mature, as we might encounter the flood again and I would hope, it would be presented in a more darker tone.

Let me know your opinions!

> 2533274847926251;1:
> I’ve seen some box art pictures with the “T” for Teen symbol… is there confirmation about this?
>
> How would you guys feel about this and might this explain the missing blood etc…
>
> I really hope this gonna be Mature, as we might encounter the flood again and I would hope, it would be presented in a more darker tone.
>
> Let me know your opinions!

The grappling hook is confirmation.

I mean, IIRC they said something about their previous games straddling the “T” rating line for a while, but that they decided to get rid of blood and stuff to reach a wider audience.

Personally I think that’s bull considering Halo 5 didn’t sell so hot and any teen that wants a rated M game will just get it anyways. Parents want to censor rated M games because they buy their elementary school kids those games and then complain it has adult content.

I just hope the Flood isn’t watered down because of it.

The game won’t get its rating until it goes gold, and that’s when they’ve totally finished dev on the game. I suspect that won’t happen until mid October, with the game likely coming in mid November. So no, the game doesn’t have a rating yet, and likely won’t for another like 3 months.

If Halo: Infinite is rated T, I will probably just buy the game later, and Infinite will pretty much be an afterthought for me. I don’t want a diluted Halo, a Halo lite, or the Marvel Avengers PC version of Halo. And this is when we were supposed to go back to classic Halo. Halo is technically a sci-fi horror game. Stop trying to make this appeal to a wider audience and just make something good and interesting.
Rated T means: No Flood, no blood, no Precursors, no Timeless One, no Palace of Pain or even anything remotely dark or spooky, despite this being Zeta Halo. Nope, gotta make the Fortnite kiddies happy.

> 2533274823267926;5:
> If Halo: Infinite is rated T, I will probably just buy the game later, and Infinite will pretty much be an afterthought for me. I don’t want a diluted Halo, a Halo lite, or the Marvel Avengers PC version of Halo. And this is when we were supposed to go back to classic Halo. Halo is technically a sci-fi horror game. Stop trying to make this appeal to a wider audience and just make something good and interesting.
> Rated T means: No Flood, no blood, no Precursors, no Timeless One, no Palace of Pain or even anything remotely dark or spooky, despite this being Zeta Halo. Nope, gotta make the Fortnite kiddies happy.

Agreed, the whole interest of being on Zeta Halo is to dig into the Flood/Forerunners history, and there are no way this could be properly covered in a game rated T.

Flood and Blood. That is what I want in Halo.
There is no way a Teen game can capture the horror that which the Flood are.
This NEEDS to be a game for Mature audiences.

Needs to be M for mature like Halo CE if they want this game to be a proper spiritual reboot like they keep saying.

Need blood.

Need flood.

T rating will make that unlikely.

There’s plenty of T rated games for Xbox Series X coming up anyway. Halo: Infinite does not need to be another one.

Why weren’t the previous Halo games rated T. They seemed mild enough.

I really hate that it’s T for teen but we kinda saw this coming. Sucks that Spartans are gonna look more like robots with no blood whatsoever now.

All Bungie Halo games were rated M and as soon Bungie went T with Destiny 343 gave us T-rated Halo 5.They just can’t stop copying what Bungie is doing.Or maybe Microsoft wants this to be Super Mario of Xbox.

Honestly I dont see why previous halo games, (except Halo CE and halo 4) were rated M. The flood maybe, but I honestly just think the esrb rating system has relaxed since halo 2 and halo 3. Imo halo 5 was more violent than halo 2 and halo 3, but less so than halo ce and 4. Yes there was a little less blood splatter, but it still had some, and the assassinations were more brutal than anything in halo 2 or 3. However I would like to see a more gritty halo game and it would be great if halo infinite does get the M rating, but I kinda doubt it.

Wasn’t it that the Flood is why Halo was ever rated M to begin with? Minus all the mutilation of the Flood and stuff, is the rest of the game even M worthy? Maybe just barely, since Marines have red blood, but other than that we’re shooting aliens most of the time so it hardly matters.

> 2533275004372869;13:
> Wasn’t it that the Flood is why Halo was ever rated M to begin with? Minus all the mutilation of the Flood and stuff, is the rest of the game even M worthy? Maybe just barely, since Marines have red blood, but other than that we’re shooting aliens most of the time so it hardly matters.

No because Halo Reach,ODSt and 4 were also rated M and there was no Flood in there.

1. DONT casualise/ babyfi Halo Infinite for some corporate suits for more sales.
    You DONT sacrifice a rating for that.

Flood, Blood, gore, darker themes. All part of Immersion, the franchise itself, the tone, the setting.

JUST DONT!

Mature is the sweespot. 18+ Could be saved for, oh I dont know… a flood horror game? No that dosent mean you can pull flood content out from Halo Infinite.

> 2533274807672834;15:
> 343. DONT casualise/ babyfi Halo Infinite for some corporate suits for more sales.
> You DONT sacrifice a rating for that.
>
> Flood, Blood, gore, darker themes. All part of Immersion, the franchise itself, the tone, the setting.
>
> JUST DONT!

They’ve already done it. The buildings in the demo look like megablocks

> 2533274887613159;16:
> > 2533274807672834;15:
> > 343. DONT casualise/ babyfi Halo Infinite for some corporate suits for more sales.
> > You DONT sacrifice a rating for that.
> >
> > Flood, Blood, gore, darker themes. All part of Immersion, the franchise itself, the tone, the setting.
> >
> > JUST DONT!
>
> They’ve already done it. The buildings in the demo look like megablocks

Eh, that dosent have much to do with that… Those graphical shortcomings are due to… Well crunch time, contractors, meaning messy code heaps, non efficient stremlining of work for betterment of developing the engine, optimization for old and new xbox, pc. Oh and while Im glad I can run it on my vanilla XBONE. Its hars to see that dragging the representation down for next gens sake…

> 2533274807672834;17:
> > 2533274887613159;16:
> > > 2533274807672834;15:
> > > 343. DONT casualise/ babyfi Halo Infinite for some corporate suits for more sales.
> > > You DONT sacrifice a rating for that.
> > >
> > > Flood, Blood, gore, darker themes. All part of Immersion, the franchise itself, the tone, the setting.
> > >
> > > JUST DONT!
> >
> > They’ve already done it. The buildings in the demo look like megablocks
>
> Eh, that dosent have much to do with that… Those graphical shortcomings are due to… Well crunch time, contractors, meaning messy code heaps, non efficient stremlining of work for betterment of developing the engine, optimization for old and new xbox, pc. Oh and while Im glad I can run it on my vanilla XBONE. Its hars to see that dragging the representation down for next gens sake…

if that were the reason, then the buildings in the halo infinite demo wouldn’t look just like the buildings in halo 5 war zone the graphics are bad because 343’s art style is bad. Even when they make characters modeled after classic they look like the plastic war zone buildings

> 2533274807672834;15:
> **343. DONT casualise/ babyfi Halo Infinite for some corporate suits for more sales.****You DONT sacrifice a rating for that.**Flood, Blood, gore, darker themes. All part of Immersion, the franchise itself, the tone, the setting.
>
> JUST DONT!
>
> Mature is the sweespot. 18+ Could be saved for, oh I dont know… a flood horror game? No that dosent mean you can pull flood content out from Halo Infinite.

I mean, does 343 really have a say in that matter?

> 2535429756019039;19:
> > 2533274807672834;15:
> > **343. DONT casualise/ babyfi Halo Infinite for some corporate suits for more sales.****You DONT sacrifice a rating for that.**Flood, Blood, gore, darker themes. All part of Immersion, the franchise itself, the tone, the setting.
> >
> > JUST DONT!
> >
> > Mature is the sweespot. 18+ Could be saved for, oh I dont know… a flood horror game? No that dosent mean you can pull flood content out from Halo Infinite.
>
> I mean, does 343 really have a say in that matter?

I fear, its truly up to Microsoft. But 343 could object. However, not sure how much 343 can stand their ground against a T rating shivers