Halo Infinite should be a $60-80 DLC for MCC on PC

Halo Infinite should be a $60-80 DLC for MCC on PC. And for that matter, Halo 5 should be a $20-40 DLC for MCC on PC available a couple months before Infinite’s release.

Believe me, one of my favorite parts about getting new game was watching opening credits and intro animations, like hearing the Bungie guitar solo on Halo 2. But maybe MCC can just receive an update that has the new opening animations of Halo Infinite. It would be extremely convenient if Halo Infinite was added into MCC on PC because…

  • It’s an all-in-one package. No need to open a different game.
  • It’s better for multiplayer. I can add Halo Infinite into the playlist of games I want to play. More options means better lobbies and faster connections, right?
  • The career and stats would be available on the same platform.
  • The name plates would be more diverse since it’d include another games.

The only reason why I can’t see this happening is because Halo Infinite is running on the new Slipspace Engine so it might just be incompatible to run alongside and the other games. I don’t know if Halo 5 runs into the same issue. And what about Halo Wars being included into MCC as paid DLC?

“It’s the Master Chief Collection, not the Spartan Locke Collection” Yeah, yeah, whatever…

Edit: By DLC, I meant it’d be an addition like Reach was. Obviously, 343 doesn’t want to give their game out for free. And it’d be an option. For those who only want Infinite, then buy infinite. For those who want Infinite and already have MCC, it’d be cool if it was an option to add it in. And for those saying MCC already has enough issues, that’s because they’re trying to release Xbox titles on PC, there’s going to be issues with that. Infinite, however, is being made for PC from the start so 343 has a huge advantage in being able to implement in into MCC.

I’m fairly certain MCC has enough issues. Don’t get me wrong it’s cool to have everything in the one place, but from a consumer stand point thats at least another 150 gb added to MCC. And like you said Slipspace will be yet another engine added to MCC (Cant imagine that being fun).

I disagree. MCC is already full of Halo Titles, arguably more than it should have (though it does have many pros about it, too). Halo Infinite needs to be it’s own game and not have to spend energy and resources trying to mess with a plethora of other Halo titles on one game.

I disagree. MCC is already full of Halo Titles, arguably more than it should have (though it does have many pros about it, too). Halo Infinite needs to be it’s own game and not have to spend energy and resources trying to mess with a plethora of other Halo titles on one game.

That would be FAR more harmful than good. You’re basically saying that a brand new game should be added as a DLC to a 6 year old collection that still needs work and is, as of now, supporting 11 engines and occupies 100GB+ of storage. See how bad it sounds?

The servers are the biggest issue here. If you had Halo 5 come to MCC on PC right now, they wouldn’t play with players using the standalone copy of the game on either Xbox or PC, because MCC uses different servers and, well, Halo 5 can’t have the other Halo games installed within itself. Even if they shared servers, Halo 5 players would only hinder MCC players, because as long as they have a 5 player in the lobby, they can only play Halo 5.
Similarly, if Halo Infinite was added to MCC on PC, it wouldn’t allow them to play with people playing Halo Infinite itself. This issue would translate to Xbox alone as well. If players were using MCC to play Infinite on XONE, they wouldn’t play with people who bought the game on Series X. Because, like Halo 5, Infinite doesn’t have the other Halo games installed within itself.

And then the most important point: MCC is a celebration of Master Chief’s journey, namely Halo 2. Not a collection to be constantly updated with new content. It was made to celebrate Halo 2’s 10th Anniversary, bundling with it the other Halo games to allow people playing Halo for the first time to experience the whole story, as well as bringing and remastering them for that gen, nullifying the need for a remaster (a reason why Halo 3 Anniversary didn’t come true). ODST was added as an “I’m sorry.” gift from 343 following the game’s disastrous launch in 2014. Halo Reach was later added to be a full celebration of all main Halo games, as it was the only Halo game that didn’t receive any kind of remaster or re-release, or generally something that’d bring it up to today’s standards. With all Halo games coming to PC, it’d be a missed opportunity to leave Reach in the dark.

Now commercially speaking, it would undersell badly as a DLC. As simple as that. This isn’t an expansion, this is a brand new game.

That’s an atrociously bad idea.

Creating the MCC was evidently hard enough, given the constant issues, because they were trying to combine games running different engines and designed to run on 3 different console generations into a single game.

Adding even another game, with a different engine, is the last thing MCC needs.

Just release it as a stand alone game. Like almost every other game…

A $60-80 DLC? You think people are just made of money? Nobody’s gonna wanna buy that! I mean come ON I don’t wanna have to pay that much for something that’s just gonna be DLC, I mean sure it’s a whole new game but I’d very much rather infinite as a standalone game and not just forgettable DLC. I’ve been hyped for infinite since I discovered it was going down a whole new path so releasing it as DLC would make me frickin depressed tbh.

Dlc… theres no point if anything £10-15 for Halo 5 to be added to the Mcc collection and Have infinity by itself which its going to be anyway with it being able to be played on PC.

The number of people playing the multiplayer would go down because they will have the other halos in there playlist. there would also be no new UI (user interface) for armours and etc

The difference in engines is just one of many many engineering hurdles. Ideally you’d create MCC2, to bring the old games into the next generation, not the other way around.

Disagreed. There’s already mentions like it wouldn’t sell as well, engine/storage issues, constant issues, etc. which I all agree with but also a) this has already been in development as a separate game (not sure if it would be difficult to make it a DLC but probably take more time than planned) and it’d be harder to market.

Sure, you can technically have all your games filed into one game that adds on, but since physical releases have been the norm it’s also the norm to see each game of a franchise as a separate product. It’d definitely be harder to sell, and entirely undercut the physical market. It’s easier to say “look at this brand new thing” instead of “look at this brand new, full price add-on to a 5/6 year old collection”.

Labeling it a DLC will change how many people approach it, especially newer players. It goes from an interesting AAA launch to overpriced DLC for a collection of older games.

yeah PC players need halo 5 on PC but i guess 343 will not give it to us because all this corona troubles lead to not meet deadlines on realising halo mcc on pc and developing halo infinite


sorry for my english
from Russia with love <3
d1l1n3

> 2533274981421740;1:
> Edit: By DLC, I meant it’d be an addition like Reach was. Obviously, 343 doesn’t want to give their game out for free. And it’d be an option. For those who only want Infinite, then buy infinite. For those who want Infinite and already have MCC, it’d be cool if it was an option to add it in. And for those saying MCC already has enough issues, that’s because they’re trying to release Xbox titles on PC, there’s going to be issues with that. Infinite, however, is being made for PC from the start so 343 has a huge advantage in being able to implement in into MCC.

MCC had a multitude of issues long before they started releasing the titles on PC.
If anything, those issues have been getting fixed with the updates.

I don’t think that will happen. Halo Infinite is 343i’s new game I expect it will be front and centre, not an addition to. I’m done with MCC too, it’s not what it should have been and never will be imo.

Its not a bad idea in theory
the logistics, on the other hand, will be a nightmare.
That’s yet another game engine that’s gotta be changed for the MCC’s existing framework.
That’s yet another conversation job onto an older game…

Its a nice idea… but they won’t do it for all the extra work it would entail.

thats too expensixe 70$ I excpect atleast 6-10 because thats what the other games are worth

> 2533274981421740;1:
> Halo Infinite should be a $60-80 DLC for MCC on PC. And for that matter, Halo 5 should be a $20-40 DLC for MCC on PC available a couple months before Infinite’s release.
>
> Believe me, one of my favorite parts about getting new game was watching opening credits and intro animations, like hearing the Bungie guitar solo on Halo 2. But maybe MCC can just receive an update that has the new opening animations of Halo Infinite. It would be extremely convenient if Halo Infinite was added into MCC on PC because…
> - It’s an all-in-one package. No need to open a different game.
> - It’s better for multiplayer. I can add Halo Infinite into the playlist of games I want to play. More options means better lobbies and faster connections, right?
> - The career and stats would be available on the same platform.
> - The name plates would be more diverse since it’d include another games.
>
> The only reason why I can’t see this happening is because Halo Infinite is running on the new Slipspace Engine so it might just be incompatible to run alongside and the other games. I don’t know if Halo 5 runs into the same issue. And what about Halo Wars being included into MCC as paid DLC?
>
> “It’s the Master Chief Collection, not the Spartan Locke Collection” Yeah, yeah, whatever…
> Edit: By DLC, I meant it’d be an addition like Reach was. Obviously, 343 doesn’t want to give their game out for free. And it’d be an option. For those who only want Infinite, then buy infinite. For those who want Infinite and already have MCC, it’d be cool if it was an option to add it in. And for those saying MCC already has enough issues, that’s because they’re trying to release Xbox titles on PC, there’s going to be issues with that. Infinite, however, is being made for PC from the start so 343 has a huge advantage in being able to implement in into MCC.

They’d have to make all the MP F2P then