Halo Infinite| Sequel to Halo 5?

Halo Infinite, will it continue the story of Halo 5? Find out from the Halo community.

> 2535413532558740;1:
> Halo Infinite, will it continue the story of Halo 5? Find out from the Halo community.

Yes, it will continue with the events seen in Halo 5: Guardians, although it has been described as a “spiritual reboot”. I believe Halo: Infinite takes place two years after Halo 5: Guardians, so 343i only knows what state the galaxy is in.

> 2533274809226598;2:
> > 2535413532558740;1:
> > Halo Infinite, will it continue the story of Halo 5? Find out from the Halo community.
>
> Yes, it will continue with the events seen in Halo 5: Guardians, although it has been described as a “spiritual reboot”. I believe Halo: Infinite takes place two years after Halo 5: Guardians, so 343i only knows what state the galaxy is in.

Honeslty really glad that they are describing it as a “spiritual reboot”. I feel like they really wrote themselves into a corner with Halo 5.

Yes, they established this shortly after the title was reveales saying to think of it as Halo 6.

> 2533274925727172;3:
> > 2533274809226598;2:
> > > 2535413532558740;1:
> > > Halo Infinite, will it continue the story of Halo 5? Find out from the Halo community.
> >
> > Yes, it will continue with the events seen in Halo 5: Guardians, although it has been described as a “spiritual reboot”. I believe Halo: Infinite takes place two years after Halo 5: Guardians, so 343i only knows what state the galaxy is in.
>
> Honeslty really glad that they are describing it as a “spiritual reboot”. I feel like they really wrote themselves into a corner with Halo 5.

Same. As much as I love the direction the story is going in, there is only so much you can do at this point. A soft or “spiritual” reboot is what is needed.

> 2533274809226598;5:
> > 2533274925727172;3:
> > > 2533274809226598;2:
> > > > 2535413532558740;1:
> > > > Halo Infinite, will it continue the story of Halo 5? Find out from the Halo community.
> > >
> > > Yes, it will continue with the events seen in Halo 5: Guardians, although it has been described as a “spiritual reboot”. I believe Halo: Infinite takes place two years after Halo 5: Guardians, so 343i only knows what state the galaxy is in.
> >
> > Honeslty really glad that they are describing it as a “spiritual reboot”. I feel like they really wrote themselves into a corner with Halo 5.
>
> Same. As much as I love the direction the story is going in, there is only so much you can do at this point. A soft or “spiritual” reboot is what is needed.

Yes this a very accurate, and believable statement. Thank YOU :pray: for taking the time to respond to this forum.

Yes, looking at this page it is a direct sequel.

> Halo Infinite continues the Halo 5: Guardians storyline

Judging by the trailer that we got last year, some time definitely passed after the end of Halo 5. Chief is a new suit of armour, floating in space long enough for a human to grow a beard. Hopefully we will get to find out what happened soo enough.

> 2533274818084099;7:
> Yes, looking at this page it is a direct sequel.
>
>
> > Halo Infinite continues the Halo 5: Guardians storyline
>
> Judging by the trailer that we got last year, some time definitely passed after the end of Halo 5. Chief is a new suit of armour, floating in space long enough for a human to grow a beard. Hopefully we will get to find out what happened soo enough.

Thank you responding!

Thank YOU guys whom shared your thoughts about Halo Infinite. I would like to see if Halo Infinite’s campaign is better, and has more of a Halo feel.

By definition, it will continue the story and is a sequel to H5. However, there’s been a concerted effort to distance the general aesthetic from what H5 was and I believe Frank O’Connor specifically cited Infinite as a “Spiritual Reboot” for the franchise. Both of these indicate to me that Infinite will minimize its emphasis on being an episodic followup to the events of H5. I don’t think 343i feels the need to try to address and undo the perceived problems with the prior Reclaimer Saga games in the same way that, say, Lucasfilm did with trying to fix all of the disparate brokenness of the first two movies in their Sequel Trilogy with Rise of Skywalker.

Infinite seems to be going for a fresh start. I expect a cutscene not too dissimilar to the one at the beginning of Halo 4 to very briefly recap the important events leading up to Infinite including (specifically) Cortana’s heel turn and the rise of the Created. They may summarize the OT quickly as well to show newcomers and remind returning players about the Chief’s Universe-Cred, but it will be done in such a way as to make sure everyone feels secure in their knowledge of what’s happening when the gameplay starts.

It’s way, way more important that Infinite works for new and casual as well as longtime and Diehard fans than it is for it to address H5’s convoluted mess of a campaign point for point.

> 2535413532558740;1:
> Halo Infinite, will it continue the story of Halo 5? Find out from the Halo community.

I believe sort of yes, no. I think the book ‘Shadows of Reach’ is set between events of Halo 5 and Infinite, is set after Halo 5 so it would have been at least a year since the Halo 5 events happened, I suspect Infinite will be set after the events of the book. Which means if there’s a time gap then it wouldn’t really directly continue the story from Halo 5.