Halo infinite ranking system

I want halo infinites ranking system to be the same as halo 5 in the sense that there is a organised order e.g. silver gold platinum I want this to stay for infinite

Halo 5 probably has the best structured (ranked) ranking system of the games I’ve played. It’s far from perfect, but still very good and easy to understand.

The normal leveling system I feel needs to be changed. So boring just seeing a new number pop up after a new level is kinda boring.

I liked Halo 5’s ranking for progression and competitive skill ranking. I wouldn’t mind if they reused it for Halo Infinite.

Halo 3 ranking system.

lol h5 making me play champ 1 in my first placement match 2 months into the season. The progression system is bad in h5 but the competitive system is somehow worse.

> 2533274873818108;4:
> Halo 3 ranking system.

the obvious choice if you want any ranking system. Ranks that matter to players and you dont need to play as a full time job to reach highest competitive rank. You have to play to win so the matchmaking system wont be filled with players going afk nonstop to hit max rank and will put a stop on the obsessive quitting because youll lose exp. close matched games would finally be a thing in ranked matches again

Step 1: Assign each player a rating according to your favorite state of the art skill rating algorithm.

Step 2: Order all players in a playlist according to their rating.

Step 3: Show players the percentage of players above them (e.g. top 39%, top 5%, top 93%, etc.)

Simple, clear, honest, and elegant.

> 2533274935111428;5:
> lol h5 making me play champ 1 in my first placement match 2 months into the season. The progression system is bad in h5 but the competitive system is somehow worse.
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274873818108;4:
> > Halo 3 ranking system.
>
> the obvious choice if you want any ranking system. Ranks that matter to players and you dont need to play as a full time job to reach highest competitive rank. You have to play to win so the matchmaking system wont be filled with players going afk nonstop to hit max rank and will put a stop on the obsessive quitting because youll lose exp. close matched games would finally be a thing in ranked matches again

Don’t get me wrong I think sometimes it matches you against higher people but I’m talking about the structure

> 2535467938018614;7:
> > 2533274935111428;5:
> > lol h5 making me play champ 1 in my first placement match 2 months into the season. The progression system is bad in h5 but the competitive system is somehow worse.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2533274873818108;4:
> > > Halo 3 ranking system.
> >
> > the obvious choice if you want any ranking system. Ranks that matter to players and you dont need to play as a full time job to reach highest competitive rank. You have to play to win so the matchmaking system wont be filled with players going afk nonstop to hit max rank and will put a stop on the obsessive quitting because youll lose exp. close matched games would finally be a thing in ranked matches again
>
> Don’t get me wrong I think sometimes it matches you against higher people but I’m talking about the structure

so you want the h2/3 system without the halo 5 problems LOL

The older ranking system hopefully it’s not the 1 we have now I dont agree with playing 10 games and being placed in a rank you should have to earn your rank

Under the hood it’s the same TrueSkill ranking system (Halo 2 through to Halo 5)… so it doesn’t really matter how it’s presented at the front end; 1 to 50, Bronze to Onyx, Kittens to Unicorns.

It’s just a number (or a description). Play well and you’ll get a better one.

But we do need seasons. Prior to this the system was abused to within an inch of it’s life. It was horrible. Besides, ten games is hardly an imposition. Given a big enough population of ranked players it can find your level pretty quickly - so at most you cop 2-3 games that are a bit unbalanced.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/59cfsc/rank_trueskill_and_matchmaking_a_guide_to/

> 2585548714655118;10:
> Under the hood it’s the same TrueSkill ranking system (Halo 2 through to Halo 5)…

Small correction: Halo 2 used Elo. TrueSkill was developed after Halo 2. Might be relevant for people who like the Halo 2 rankings.

> 2533274825830455;11:
> > 2585548714655118;10:
> > Under the hood it’s the same TrueSkill ranking system (Halo 2 through to Halo 5)…
>
> Small correction: Halo 2 used Elo. TrueSkill was developed after Halo 2. Might be relevant for people who like the Halo 2 rankings.

Thanks. Elo? As in the chess ratings…

> 2585548714655118;12:
> > 2533274825830455;11:
> > > 2585548714655118;10:
> > > Under the hood it’s the same TrueSkill ranking system (Halo 2 through to Halo 5)…
> >
> > Small correction: Halo 2 used Elo. TrueSkill was developed after Halo 2. Might be relevant for people who like the Halo 2 rankings.
>
> Thanks. Elo? As in the chess ratings…

More or less. I mean, no implementation of Elo is the same, and there’s always some fudging with the parameters. Here’s Bungie’s summary.

> 2533274935111428;8:
> > 2535467938018614;7:
> > > 2533274935111428;5:
> > > lol h5 making me play champ 1 in my first placement match 2 months into the season. The progression system is bad in h5 but the competitive system is somehow worse.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > 2533274873818108;4:
> > > > Halo 3 ranking system.
> > >
> > > the obvious choice if you want any ranking system. Ranks that matter to players and you dont need to play as a full time job to reach highest competitive rank. You have to play to win so the matchmaking system wont be filled with players going afk nonstop to hit max rank and will put a stop on the obsessive quitting because youll lose exp. close matched games would finally be a thing in ranked matches again
> >
> > Don’t get me wrong I think sometimes it matches you against higher people but I’m talking about the structure
>
> so you want the h2/3 system without the halo 5 problems LOL

No i want there to be ranks like bronze silver gold not numbers

On the over all rank id like military ranks back like Reach. But on Ranked I like the mineral ranks then onyx & champions get ratings.

> 2533274856481409;15:
> On the over all rank id like military ranks back like Reach. But on Ranked I like the mineral ranks then onyx & champions get ratings.

this is exactly how i want it