HALO INFINITE RANKING SYSTEM

I would like to get loud and say that mixing the ranking system of Halo 3 and Halo 5 would be the best of all time.
Specifically the 1-50 rank was the best of all. But the reset every month or 2 months remain as a great feature like Halo 5 has.
So all players would start from 1 and reach the 50 scale with experience including. For example you have 250 matches your skill is 50 and you have 234 xp like you have 234 winnings from the starting point reaching the top which is the 50. Reseting also can make all players remain to the multiplayer and competitive zone as they wont have to create so many smurf accounts.
Please notice that and let me know about opinions.

thanks a lot

I’m personally not a fan of the ranks resetting so often because I don’t see it as a motivator. I do miss the 1 to 50 ranking system even though it is basically the same system that H5 has. I would like to see the return on playlist ranks that H3 implemented later in its life

About the duration keeping your 50 during seasons can be changed at any time especially throuth feedbacks.
The main engine though should be like the old ranking systems that Halo 2 and 3 had working like the Halo 5 @GOLDEN RANGER
I think that a lot of people will agree with that.

I don’t know why some people prefer the trueskill 1-50 ranking. I want the military ranks from Halo 3 back or any titled ranks 343i will give us rather than “Spartan Ranks”

Please no more resets, If you do resets or “Seasons” keep them gametype specific like they are now in Halo 5. I really want military ranks back like Halo 3 (Guy above me stated) or even Halo Reach ranks as your Spartan Rank. The 1-152 just doesn’t really cut it for me to be honest.

what about the military ranks including the 50 scale like Halo 3 was?? And about reset its ok…i think people can handle it.
experience should have also be noticed

> 2533274989469309;4:
> I don’t know why some people prefer the trueskill 1-50 ranking. I want the military ranks from Halo 3 back or any titled ranks 343i will give us rather than “Spartan Ranks”

Agreed, I feel that the actual military ranks really helped with the Reach’s overall multiplayer community. It also was cool tht armor was unlocked via ranking during those days, versus an addictive REQ pack system that preys upon the addictive tendencies of gamers, in hopes to gain money from micro-transactions. Overall a well balanced out (but no less difficult) ranking system with actual military ranks should be sought for the future of Halo multiplayer.

The most important i want to say is,
if military ranks be applied there is no way back if u lose a game. As u remember the number of scale 1-50 was making the difference. For example i can be a player with 10.000 games and 7.000 wins but cant be a general cause im stuck at my 48. This must be included also. They can also apply ONLY the military stuff and get up-down win-loss ranks. FE u are a brigadier and u r losing a game so u are returning to colonel.
opinions?

> 2533274989469309;4:
> I don’t know why some people prefer the trueskill 1-50 ranking. I want the military ranks from Halo 3 back or any titled ranks 343i will give us rather than “Spartan Ranks”

Halo 3 had both the 1-50 skill rating system, and Military ranks. You don’t need to get rid of the 1-50 to bring back military themed names for the ranks you aquire.

> 2533275044665974;7:
> > 2533274989469309;4:
> > I don’t know why some people prefer the trueskill 1-50 ranking. I want the military ranks from Halo 3 back or any titled ranks 343i will give us rather than “Spartan Ranks”
>
> Agreed, I feel that the actual military ranks really helped with the Reach’s overall multiplayer community. It also was cool tht armor was unlocked via ranking during those days, versus an addictive REQ pack system that preys upon the addictive tendencies of gamers, in hopes to gain money from micro-transactions. Overall a well balanced out (but no less difficult) ranking system with actual military ranks should be sought for the future of Halo multiplayer.

Halo: Reach’s ranking system was just an overall XP progression system. It didn’t match you up to anybody of similar skill rating or rank, which was very unbalanced.

> 2533274800168045;9:
> > 2533274989469309;4:
> >
>
>
>
> > 2533275044665974;7:
> > > 2533274989469309;4:
> > >
>
> Halo: Reach’s ranking system was just an overall XP progression system. It didn’t match you up to anybody of similar skill rating or rank, which was very unbalanced.

l was referring to the military rank part of it, and customization regarding rank. But yeah, I agree that was pretty much what it came down to.

H3 1-50 system for each playlist with military rank for overall Spartan Rank which coincides with your highest playlist rank.

Playlist ranks & exp should dictate when certain cosmetics get unlocked too, along with achievement based unlocks. (little off topic)

Maybe hitting a certain rank in each playlist will each unlock something different.

I hope it’s not. I play comp as much as the next guy but honestly I don’t have time for that. I don’t want every match to be super equal and only way one team won is due to better coordination. The thing is I’m not trying to try 24/7 when I play the game.
Now if it was like that with the 1-50 and it reset every 2-3 months please have it where rank and social is. And don’t have random ranked playlist the just saturate it.
i still believe slayer and hcs or even just hcs should be the only ranked playlist everything else should be social
so I think infinite should have 1-2 main ranked playlist and have everything else more causal social. And for the love of god don’t make it super balanced it was fun just doing whatever when the maps were just maps and not fine tuned to be super balanced

Throw them all out - every ranking system we’ve ever had - and start over again. I don’t know how that would work or what it would look like, but I do know that historically I’ve had zero faith in the abilities of trueskill, and while I’m trying to give TS2 a fair shake, I’m still skeptical. And I also know that ultimately it doesn’t matter whether it works or not because the system will still founder on a low population, an abundance of smurfs, or both. Will I believe the system is right when it gives me my rank? No. I won’t. Will that knowledge make me question the vaildity of everyone else’s rank? Yes, it will. And even if it didn’t, for as long as Microsoft allows multiple accounts then the integrity of the system is completely compromised.

The thing about ranking systems is that everyone wants one… just as long as it tells them how awesome they are. As soon as it gives them a little home truth and tells them they’re average on a good day then suddenly they don’t seem to love it so much. That’s when the system is “broken.” That’s when people start trying to cheat it. That’s when they start flooding the forums with threads about how unfair it is to carry a losing team and still have your rank go down. That’s when Josh Mencke starts spending 70% of his work week answering tweets from kids who (justifiably) can’t understand why the system is doing what it’s doing. Because any good system needs to be fair, and yet also needs to make everyone feel like a winner. It needs to be transparent so people can understand it, but it needs to be opaque so people can’t manipulate it. It has to address every single problem that older systems exposed, and yet it has to be exactly like the older systems because a vocal minority thinks they were better. This is what in my day we called a “no-win situation.” But even knowing that’s true, I’d still rather see them start over than make the current system even more complicated and inexplicable.

Halo 3 ranking system was the best. Levels 1-50 with ranks next to your level to show how many games you played in that playlist.

As for the reset, I dont think there should be any. Its more motivation to keep pushing for your 50. And would get very annoying if you got to level 49 and reset because you didnt have enough time.

Let the players keep their rank and grind out until they get to their highest level in each playlist.

Do you want a real ranking system? Or a progression system? You can’t really mix the 2 and have an accurate rating of your skill reflecting in your rank.

Progression = starting at 1, and each win (regardless of who it’s against or your stats within the carnage report) will move you progressively higher.

• easy to abuse this system. You can contribute nothing to the win and still go up. You can have boosters in your roster to match lower ranks and still go up, and out of 4 players 1 can take turns each time to hop on an alt acct and get those lopsided matches in their favor. All this = a very less credible skill reflection on your visible rank.

Real ranking system = preliminary matches to get an estimation of where you’re at, and winning+stat factors will move you up, down, or keep you where you are.

*people are used to a progressive system and become frustrated when they don’t rank up. Though what makes this difficult is the fact that there really needs to be accurate reflection of player skill on their visible rank. This way, a player realizes when they win, their opponents really were tough, the system had them as the losing team by default but they won therefore progress up. Or, a team loses when the system was sure they’d lose, they don’t do horrible so they remain where they’re at. (This seems to be what halo 5s latest ranking system aims for, though it isn’t perfected yet.

I myself like a real ranking system. I’d just like some kinda cool unlockables system as the overall spartan rank mixed with commendations and stuff. For rank resets, well it makes sense. You can’t get to the highest rank, take a long break and come back expecting to just be as good as you once were. Evidently, one usually isn’t. It’s good to play for something, but I just wish the unlock system would be so dope that it keeps all types of players vested.

Seems to be the unpopular opinion I would prefer to keep resets (though make it 3 months long like an actual season).This will give players more time to reach their desired rank and making it resets feel less common. With resets you have to consistently prove you are one of the best or wherever you are in the ranking system. The game’s meta will inevitably change from release with new weapons map variants etc. I have a slight distain for 1-50 only at the highest level when it comes to who is a better 50. This is one aspect that H5 does well and should be kept for H6.

Halo 3 style let’s go! Social rank and a comeptive rank. Don’t hide either.

> 2533274873843883;13:
> Throw them all out - every ranking system we’ve ever had - and start over again. I don’t know how that would work or what it would look like, but I do know that historically I’ve had zero faith in the abilities of trueskill, and while I’m trying to give TS2 a fair shake, I’m still skeptical. And I also know that ultimately it doesn’t matter whether it works or not because the system will still founder on a low population, an abundance of smurfs, or both. Will I believe the system is right when it gives me my rank? No. I won’t. Will that knowledge make me question the vaildity of everyone else’s rank? Yes, it will. And even if it didn’t, for as long as Microsoft allows multiple accounts then the integrity of the system is completely compromised.
>
> The thing about ranking systems is that everyone wants one… just as long as it tells them how awesome they are. As soon as gives them a little home truth and tells them they’re average on a good day then suddenly they don’t seem to love it so much. That’s when the system is “broken.” That’s when people start trying to cheat it. That’s when they start flooding the forums with threads about how unfair it is to carry a losing team and still have your rank go down. That’s when Josh Mencke starts spending 70% of his work week answering tweets from kids who (justifiably) can’t understand why the system is doing what it’s doing. Because any good system needs to be fair, and yet also needs to make everyone feel like a winner. It needs to be transparent so people can understand it, but it needs to be opaque so people can’t manipulate it. It has to address every single problem that older systems exposed, and yet it has to be exactly like the older systems because a vocal minority thinks they were better. This is what in my day we called a “no-win situation.” But even knowing that’s true, I’d still rather see them start over than make the current system even more complicated and inexplicable.

Im all for the progression system. Even though it can get abused, I have never seen so many complaints about the ranking system now then I did back in the H3 days (yes I know they are the same system under the hood). Sure you would run into the odd booster in H3 but it was few & far between from my experience.

Win you move up, lose you go down. Keep it simple.

> 2533274894985914;16:
> Seems to be the unpopular opinion I would prefer to keep resets (though make it 3 months long like an actual season).This will give players more time to reach their desired rank and making it resets feel less common. With resets you have to consistently prove you are one of the best or wherever you are in the ranking system. The game’s meta will inevitably change from release with new weapons map variants etc. I have a slight distain for 1-50 only at the highest level when it comes to who is a better 50. This is one aspect that H5 does well and should be kept for H6.

Yeah the resets are interesting. I guess on waypoint it keeps your highest skill there so its not like you ever lose it. Will be curious to see if they decide to do the resets again. I assume they will.

> 2535442176757007;1:
> I would like to get loud and say that mixing the ranking system of Halo 3 and Halo 5 would be the best of all time.
> Specifically the 1-50 rank was the best of all. But the reset every month or 2 months remain as a great feature like Halo 5 has.
> So all players would start from 1 and reach the 50 scale with experience including. For example you have 250 matches your skill is 50 and you have 234 xp like you have 234 winnings from the starting point reaching the top which is the 50. Reseting also can make all players remain to the multiplayer and competitive zone as they wont have to create so many smurf accounts.
> Please notice that and let me know about opinions.
>
> thanks a lot

I’d just like to point out that the H5 ranking system is the H3 1-50 system, just with a fresh coat of paint over it. The post is probably years old now, but someone from 343 on here made a chart showing where the H5 ranks fit into the H3 1-50 system and how it’s actually the same.