Halo Infinite Price Point

Hello All,

I’m curious what you think of Halo Infinite selling for $60 even though the multiplayer will be free to play. Are you still on board to spend $60 for the campaign? Do you plan on supporting the next Halo in the series behind a full game price? Do you think the price for the game should be cut in half assuming that half? Or do you need to see more content before deciding?

Cheers,

> 2533274877221272;1:
> Hello All,
>
> I’m curious what you think of Halo Infinite selling for $60 even though the multiplayer will be free to play. Are you still on board to spend $60 for the campaign? Do you plan on supporting the next Halo in the series behind a full game price? Do you think the price for the game should be cut in half assuming that half? Or do you need to see more content before deciding?
>
> Cheers,

I’d like to believe that in the 6 years this game took to make, it is going to be worth the $60 price of a full fps game. There are some great fps games (borderlands, Wolfenstein, bioshock) that are well worth $60 without multiplayer.

The campaign is free on gamepass so why pay 60 dollars?

> 2533274877221272;1:
> Hello All,
>
> I’m curious what you think of Halo Infinite selling for $60 even though the multiplayer will be free to play. Are you still on board to spend $60 for the campaign? Do you plan on supporting the next Halo in the series behind a full game price? Do you think the price for the game should be cut in half assuming that half? Or do you need to see more content before deciding?
>
> Cheers,

I think $60 for an AAA experience is great value especially if they are broadening the scope of the Campaign. We spend that amount for other AAA games. They also made a new engine which is incredibly expensive.

Multiplayer being free-to-play is great and should be the standard for every game going forward. It prevents an early abandonment for the online aspect if the rest of the game isn’t up to par, like we’ve seen with many games during the Xbox 360/PS3 era.

The only thing is that being F2P greatly increases the risk of an eventual pay-to-win implementation if either the producers, designers, directors, or publishers don’t actually care about their game’s longevity. Personally, people who complain about cosmetics being behind a paywall, whether it’s through a Seasonal Pass, Item Shop, or Loot Boxes, don’t have too much merit to their complaints. It is valid complaint, but in terms of a game’s longevity, paid cosmetics and time-savers are a sacrifice I’m willing to make. It’s better than having exclusive paid gear that outperforms literally every piece of free content.

Luckily, Halo Infinite doesn’t seem to be going the P2W route any time soon, so I’m all in for a paid Campaign and Battle Pass. As for campaign pricing, I’ll justify it with the standard dollar-per-hour metric or some other metric if it has good replay value like the old games.

I don’t understand why people would pay 60 dollars when they could just pay 10 dollars for a month and play the game that way??. Am I missing something?

Keep in mind, they plan on adding so much to this game. Rumor has it that they will add new campaigns to the game later down the line. I’m assuming those will be payed for by Microtransactions and our initial game purchase.

It’s going to be a spiritual successor to Mcc, but one that is a little more cohesive in the long run.

$60 campaign, probably also first battlepass and maybe other perks with it. Then we have game pass of course, where I assume a lot of people are going to play it (and that honestly might be the play here by Microsoft. Price it at $60, a lot of people would rather just pay the $10 for game pass and play it that way).

So wait, I will be able to play a full online multiplayer game of Halo Infinite for free? All the features, the full experience? How does that work exactly? I have never cared about campaigns and actually of all the Halos, Halo 5 was the first one I ever completed - and it was a waste of my time. So I don’t know how 343 makes money this way, but I will probably not buy the campaign.

Day 1 purchase for me. I’ll get a physical copy to go along side my other Halo games.

Also, will sign up for/invest in battle pass unless I decide it’s not adding value. Some quick googling… Destiny BP is $10 per season & 4 seasons per year. Wonder how often & cost it’ll be for HI…

I’ll need to see more content before deciding honestly.

According to what we’ve been told Joseph Staten beat the campaign twice in one week, which leads me to believe it’s not a long game, maybe 5-6 hours?
I’ve seen a lot of people try and compare it to Sony and how they sell singleplayer only games for $60, but the difference (at least in my PERSONAL opinion) is that their games are usually around 20 hours long.

I’d definitely need 343i to do a campaign deep dive to tell us how much content and how long the game is before I make a final decision.

I’ll pay $60 just because they added the OG shield recharge sound and the music is amazing so far.

Jokes aside is there even confirmation on the price? Even though i have Gamepass i will still buy the game, both for my love of halo and to show support for their hard work, even if it’s not perfect.

> 2533274885506317;3:
> The campaign is free on gamepass so why pay 60 dollars?

“Free” on Gamepass isn’t free. That’s opting into a subscription service. Yes, the service is good deal of you like tons of games, but it’s not actually free.

As for the campaign pricing, I don’t think we’ve had any confirmation yet. Chances are buy it, or pre-ordering it will come with the first battle pass which would probably bump it back up to 60$

> 2533274975565198;13:
> > 2533274885506317;3:
> > The campaign is free on gamepass so why pay 60 dollars?
>
> “Free” on Gamepass isn’t free. That’s opting into a subscription service. Yes, the service is good deal of you like tons of games, but it’s not actually free.
>
> As for the campaign pricing, I don’t think we’ve had any confirmation yet. Chances are buy it, or pre-ordering it will come with the first battle pass which would probably bump it back up to 60$

You get my point though why pay 60 dollars when you can just subscribe for a couple of months and play the hell out of it for 2 months and nail the campaign?. After that just play the f2p multiplayer. I’d need a week with the campaign then it’s uninstalled for me. Its the multiplayer which will hold my interest long term.

> 2533274885506317;6:
> I don’t understand why people would pay 60 dollars when they could just pay 10 dollars for a month and play the game that way??. Am I missing something?

Not everyone has nor wants the Pass, and they’ve got their own reasons. Sometimes its just a disapproval of Subscriptions in general regardless of how much it offers or what kind of benefits are provided. I see that a lot where people pass by programs that are strictly subscription based in favor of ones that still offer perpetual licenses for instance. Which is its own topic entirely and one not at all relevant to the OP Topic so I’ll just leave it at that.

Plus, if there’s a physical edition - which again, has its own pros/cons for people - the 'Pass doesn’t cover that :wink: Not sure if Infinite’s going to be on the Windows Store or not, but if it’s Steam-Only then doesn’t that mean PC-Only players miss out on that deal? From what little I remember of the PC side of the 'Pass it only applied to games that were on the MS Store but not Steam. Unless I’m remembering wrong, someone correct me if I am.

On topic, I’d gladly pay $60 for Infinite’s campaign and inevitable additions to said Campaign.

To be frank with you, it’s understandable since they’re going for live service with this game; they might add more story content as we go. However, with that being said I’m going to be spending my cash on the Battle Pass(es) and go down the route of free campaign with Gamepass. So, either way they’ll still end up getting $60 outta me but for different reasons.

Another thing, does anyone know if these Battle Passes will have premium currency to push into the next ones or will they each be standalone?

Halo 3 was like $120 with all the map packs and we’re mad that getting free multiplayer doesn’t also come with a 50% discount?

$60 is a decent price compared to the launches of other games.

can’t you get game pass on PC too?

> 2533274850869596;15:
> > 2533274885506317;6:
> > I don’t understand why people would pay 60 dollars when they could just pay 10 dollars for a month and play the game that way??. Am I missing something?
>
> Not everyone has nor wants the Pass, and they’ve got their own reasons. Sometimes its just a disapproval of Subscriptions in general regardless of how much it offers or what kind of benefits are provided. I see that a lot where people pass by programs that are strictly subscription based in favor of ones that still offer perpetual licenses for instance. Which is its own topic entirely and one not at all relevant to the OP Topic so I’ll just leave it at that.
>
> Plus, if there’s a physical edition - which again, has its own pros/cons for people - the 'Pass doesn’t cover that :wink: Not sure if Infinite’s going to be on the Windows Store or not, but if it’s Steam-Only then doesn’t that mean PC-Only players miss out on that deal? From what little I remember of the PC side of the 'Pass it only applied to games that were on the MS Store but not Steam. Unless I’m remembering wrong, someone correct me if I am.
>
> On topic, I’d gladly pay $60 for Infinite’s campaign and inevitable additions to said Campaign.

Well, that’s their own choice. ME I’d rather save 40.